You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2012 Cross Country Cory ness
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

chottwo
Posted 2012-07-22 8:05 AM (#119912)
Subject: 2012 Cross Country Cory ness

New user

Hello all:

I am hearing a lot of complaints on these bikes. I love the way mine rides, but I hate the 1-2 shift- it really clunks. We bought the bike over an H-D because it handles so much better, but I agree, the Harley shifts quieter. My bike has 1600 miles, and I am hearing the engine ticks that I did not have prior to MY $180 dealer oil change. I was told I have to run Victory oil to maintain warranty. I would like to try a synthetic 20W50 on the next change. I think the some clunking comes out of the belt slap, mine appears to be very loose. Any one have sources for the tension guage that won't cost an arm and a leg? Downshifts seem to require a double tap .. Love the looks and handling.

Mods:

Victory Stage one Air filter
D&D Exhaust
Dyno Jet Power Commander.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2012-07-22 8:13 PM (#119962 - in reply to #119912)
Subject: Re: 2012 Cross Country Cory ness

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
$180 dealer oil change???? Ouch!!! I have run 20/50 Amsoil for well over 100,000 miles in my Vics with 0 issues and with less drive train noise. It cost me about $50 with a WIX filter and takes a whopping 10 minutes to do. As for warranty you are only required to run an "approved" oil which means it meets or exceeds the oil rating required. No luck on the tension guage ask your Stealer to give it a quick check.
ltbiker
Posted 2012-07-24 3:40 AM (#120078 - in reply to #119912)
Subject: RE: 2012 Cross Country Cory ness

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
+1 here on Big Vic's post. Have run AmSoil 20W50 since the first service at 600 miles, no issues (now at 10,830 miles), and yes, it does "clunk" some, but not an issue. The only shifting issue I have is if I happen to get lazy or get caught daydreaming while coming to a STOP and not get it into 1st gear before coming to a stop; then, can get balky trying to downshift to 1st while at a dead stop.
Big Vic
Posted 2012-07-29 6:35 AM (#120398 - in reply to #119912)
Subject: Re: 2012 Cross Country Cory ness

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I was just at my dealer Friday to have new shoes put on my wifes Cross Roads and I asked the tech about belt tension. He said the new Vics are supposed to have 1.25" of belt deflection with 10 pounds of force. The guage is really quite simple and is no more than a spring loaded rod with an O ring set at the 10 pound mark so it can't cost that much. I had one a tech gave me years ago but I can't seem to find it. This belt tension is a lot less than they used to run.............I think the old number was 7/16 deflection but I can't remember for sure.
robsxct
Posted 2012-08-11 11:35 PM (#121368 - in reply to #119912)
Subject: RE: 2012 Cross Country Cory ness

Cruiser

Halifax, NS
Use caution adjusting the belt...
The use of aluminium causes the belt tention to change when the bike is hot....

Check your belt tention when the bike is cold then after a ride in the heat.. You will see a drastic change...

A loose belt changes to a very tight belt on a hot bike.

Rob
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™