You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Ethanol Free Gas
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2017-04-17 12:17 PM (#191746)
Subject: Ethanol Free Gas

Cruiser

Just a heads up for anyone who isn't all ready aware...I took a ride in the San Antonio area yesterday and when I stopped to fill up at the local Wal-Mart in Pleasanton, TX...(I DO like that gift card the kids got me...saves 3 or 4 cents a gallon)...anyway...I discovered an ethanol-free Regular gas there. Same price as premium...no surprise there, but I filled up and left with a smile on my face.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-04-18 6:49 PM (#191750 - in reply to #191746)
Subject: Re: Ethanol Free Gas

Visionary

get the app pure gas
it will tell you stations that have good gas
sjaskow
Posted 2017-04-19 12:42 PM (#191753 - in reply to #191746)
Subject: RE: Ethanol Free Gas

Puddle Jumper

Hastings, MN United States
You can also look it up on the web at http://www.pure-gas.org/ but the data is user driven so it may or may not be correct.
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2017-04-19 1:05 PM (#191757 - in reply to #191753)

Cruiser

lol...Both understandable responses but you have to be able to use a smart phone....and I'm afraid my flip phone is about as smart as I can handle.
rdbudd
Posted 2017-04-20 9:46 AM (#191759 - in reply to #191753)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
sjaskow - 2017-04-19 12:42 PM

You can also look it up on the web at http://www.pure-gas.org/ but the data is user driven so it may or may not be correct.

This is true. The data is user driven and sometimes incorrect. I have personally corrected a few listings that incorrectly listed stations as being ethanol free when I knew without a doubt that their gas had ethanol. I knew because I delivered the gas myself.

If you want to be sure, test the gas yourself. Just because something is said on the internet does not guarantee that it is accurate.

If the pump you are getting the gas from is not specifically labeled as being ethanol free, do not assume that it is just because somebody on the internet said it was.

Ronnie
hgrail
Posted 2017-04-22 2:36 PM (#191764 - in reply to #191746)

Puddle Jumper

I bought some ethanol free gas from a station in Ct a few weeks ago (for the lawnmowers etc) and noted that it was LEADED gas. Wouldn't this be a problem for emissions equipment including anything with a catalytic converter?
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-04-22 6:20 PM (#191765 - in reply to #191746)

Visionary

most none ethanol gas station have 3 hoses for each different blend is enough way to tell
rdbudd
Posted 2017-04-23 10:38 AM (#191766 - in reply to #191765)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
johnnyvision - 2017-04-22 6:20 PM

most none ethanol gas station have 3 hoses for each different blend is enough way to tell

Most stations around these parts have blending pumps with 5 grades and only one hose. As I said before, if the pump does not have a label specifically stating that the product is ethanol free, don't assume that it is. If you find a pump with the ethanol free label right there on it, go for it.

Around these parts, those stations that have ethanol free gas available will have a separate pump for it. These are often located away from the main pump islands and you have to search them out. If you pull into a station that has a sign up advertising ethanol free gas, don't just assume that all the pumps are ethanol free. Chances are, they aren't. You have to find that one special pump. Sometimes the thing is behind the station, with a dedicated storage tank and pump. People make the mistake of thinking that all pumps at a station are ethanol free when they are not. Especially people who put blind faith in those websites.

Ronnie
toejam
Posted 2017-06-20 1:00 PM (#192010 - in reply to #191746)

New user

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™