You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

TPMS with Dynabeads
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

lennyb
Posted 2017-01-16 8:49 AM (#191361)
Subject: TPMS with Dynabeads

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Considering getting the FOBO tire pressure monitoring system, but am concerned that the Dynabeads I use for tire balance will be a problem. Anyone with experience with using A) the FOBO product, B) a tpms with Dynabeads that can offer some advice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bashcars
Posted 2017-01-16 11:50 AM (#191364 - in reply to #191361)
Subject: Re: TPMS with Dynabeads

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I have the Tiregard TPMS on my 13 VV. Works great. The sensor just screws onto the tire valve; therefore, no problems with Dynabeads or Ride-On. It actually saved me on a trip to the Smokey Mountains.
jdr00ejr
Posted 2017-01-16 12:55 PM (#191367 - in reply to #191361)

Cruiser

Indianapolis, IN United States
I agree with Bashcars - the Beads go into the tire - then the valve stem core - there's no way for the beads to come out through the stem to cause issues. The FOBO screws onto the stem just like a stem cap - I ordered a trike kit - and put the 3rd one on the shock so I know what it's set at and if it's loosing any pressure.
lennyb
Posted 2017-01-16 5:06 PM (#191368 - in reply to #191361)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Thanks. I decided to also send my question to the manufacturer, and am waiting on their response. I'm fearful of what happens if the beads get into the valve core when it is held open by the TPMS. If they prevent the core from closing, all of the air could be lost when trying to add pressure. Think that I'll carry a couple of extras in the tire repair kit just in case.

I also plan to use one on the shock, but assume the only pressure reading that would be of value would be when sitting still. Can you set the alarm range for the shock so that it is not going off constantly?
Ferta McDaniels
Posted 2017-01-17 9:17 AM (#191371 - in reply to #191361)

Puddle Jumper

Okeana, OH United States
I have a FOBO TPMS on my bike. I don't use dynabeads but instead use centramatics balancers. My advise would be for you to install the T valve stem when you install the FOBO. This way you can add or remove air without removing the sensor. They are listed on FOBO's site. The dynabeads will smooth out any imbalance that the offset stem might create.
lennyb
Posted 2017-01-17 9:41 AM (#191372 - in reply to #191371)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
T stem sounds like a good set up.

Heard back from the FOBO rep who advised that he uses their sensors with Dynabeads on his trike and has had no problems.
Oldman47
Posted 2017-01-31 1:38 PM (#191420 - in reply to #191361)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I have a Doran TPMS on my Vision and have no problem with balance beads. I have been using the Counteract brand beads.
lennyb
Posted 2017-02-01 8:30 AM (#191428 - in reply to #191361)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Thanks for the input. I installed the system on tires and shock, and picked up 2 additional sensors to use on the Time Out camper when I'm ready to use it. A little tricky to use on shock, and plan to install a no-loss air valve to make managing it easier. Will also use the FOBO T valve stems on tires when it comes time for new rubber.
Ferta McDaniels
Posted 2017-02-01 10:08 AM (#191429 - in reply to #191361)
Subject: RE: TPMS with Dynabeads

Puddle Jumper

Okeana, OH United States
I didn't think there would be enough room to put a TPMS on the shock and still be able to close the saddle bag lid. The no-loss valve would make life easier but I would think that would make the TPMS stick out even further. Did you relocate the shock valve?
lennyb
Posted 2017-02-02 4:16 PM (#191436 - in reply to #191429)
Subject: RE: TPMS with Dynabeads

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
There is plenty of room for the sensor, but I do expect to have to either move the valve or use a 90 degree adapter in order to use the no-loss valve.
atvtinker
Posted 2017-02-03 2:21 AM (#191438 - in reply to #191361)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
I don't know if it was a good idea to use one of those tpms sensors on the shock due to the oil inside. Just a thought.
lennyb
Posted 2017-02-03 7:03 AM (#191439 - in reply to #191438)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
atvtinker - 2017-02-03 3:21 AM

I don't know if it was a good idea to use one of those tpms sensors on the shock due to the oil inside. Just a thought.

Interesting thought atvtinker.

I would not think that the sensors are sensitive to a little liquid getting to them since moisture is always present in the air. I'm amazed by how much water drains from my air compressors after using them. Guess that time will tell if any oil gets into it, and turns it into just a fancy valve cap.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™