You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Making my stock pipes louder
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

ShadyIPMC
Posted 2012-01-04 7:15 PM (#104744)
Subject: Making my stock pipes louder

New user

I just purchase a 2012 Cross Country. I didn't change the pipes at all. Is there anyway I can make it louder, maybe knock the baffles out? Or is there some good pipes out there I can maybe purchase?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Commander
Posted 2012-01-09 12:08 AM (#105035 - in reply to #104744)
Subject: Re: Making my stock pipes louder

Puddle Jumper

Kokomo, IN
http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1391/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-...
whitie
Posted 2012-01-17 7:53 AM (#105537 - in reply to #104744)

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
I have D&D slip ons on my 2011 XC, they add a fair amount of rumble, but if it's still not loud enough for you the baffles slide right out the back. I took mine out, sounds great!
http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2010/09/569-11-12.htm
poppamark
Posted 2012-01-19 6:43 PM (#105681 - in reply to #104744)
Subject: RE: Making my stock pipes louder

New user

I had my dealer core my pipes k&n filter and stage 1 flash for $ 300 , great sound and improved gitti-up,
a99miata
Posted 2012-01-30 7:12 PM (#106424 - in reply to #104744)

Tourer

northwest florida
some of the vision guys have adapted thrush mufflers to their bikes. Might look into that?
ndabunka
Posted 2012-02-04 3:50 PM (#106881 - in reply to #104744)

Cruiser

I see a number of people marketing to modify your stock pipes but you should know that there are a lot of threads out there that show you how ot "de-core"them yourself for between $20 and $50 total so before you pay someone to do it, search for those details and consider doing it yourself. Then you can be like all the others and "name" yours something like "Super-Fantastic-LOUD-ARSE-better-than-all-others" pipes and also offer them for $300 to others...LOL
Big Vic
Posted 2012-02-05 11:54 AM (#106929 - in reply to #104744)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Use your own judgement but I don't think most reasonable people would take the advice above. Just because some people are selling modified stock cans do not assume that there is no science behind it and that there was no trial and error involved to get to the product they are selling. First of all let's assume that you want to do it, have the know how to do it, and have the equipment to do it. How many stock cans do you have laying around to experiment with? How many different sizes and types of baffles are you going to go through before you get the performance and sound you are after? Do you really think by the time you figure it out you will have spent less than $300?
For some reason ndabunka has a hard on for people doing these mods. I personally don't understand why. I paid about $300 for my Centerfire 106's and love them. I didn't buy them because they were cheaper than D&D's I bought them because they performed well in my buddies bike and they sounded better than D&D's. The fact that they only cost $300 was a bonus! In my case I do have the ability and equipment to core my own pipes. What I don't have is the desire to piss away my time and money trying to re-invent the wheel. My opinion is if your running stock pipes and want something better do a little research and choose what makes the most sense to you. Likewise I would say if your running stock pipes and plan to keep it that way maybe you should just keep quiet and let those that have some knowledge and a vested interest of the situation speak.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™