You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Pipes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Commander
Posted 2012-01-08 7:09 PM (#105015)
Subject: Victory Pipes

Puddle Jumper

Kokomo, IN
Victory always puts bad sounding pipes on their bikes. If you buy a Victory go see Ness or the Witchdoctor and get some decent sounding pipes. Victory needs to learn that riders don't want their 106 to sound like a Honda farting! That's my personal opinion, not that of the staff & management... LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page
whitie
Posted 2012-01-09 3:24 PM (#105072 - in reply to #105015)
Subject: Re: Victory Pipes

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
I put D & D slip ons on my 2011 XC, it helped a little, then I slid the baffles out... that helped a LOT! :-)
Commander
Posted 2012-01-09 7:44 PM (#105090 - in reply to #105072)

Puddle Jumper

Kokomo, IN
Check out this link. They have sound bytes....
http://buywitchdoctors.com/c/471/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-e...
ndabunka
Posted 2012-01-09 9:50 PM (#105098 - in reply to #105090)

Cruiser

Commander - 2012-01-09 8:44 PM

Check out this link. They have sound bytes....
http://buywitchdoctors.com/c/471/victory-motorcycle-parts-exhaust-e...

$400 for a set of TIPS ONLY is VERY PRICEY but then again I guess people might be willing to dump that much into the tips alone but I doubt I would be one of those
whitie
Posted 2012-01-11 9:14 PM (#105245 - in reply to #105015)

Puddle Jumper

Northbridge, MA
They are not just tips, they are the entire mufflers... and if you want your Victory to sound like a motorcycle instead of a Singer sewing maching, you're fresh outta choices!!!
Big Vic
Posted 2012-01-21 12:50 PM (#105813 - in reply to #105015)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Not true about being out of choices..............Centerfire 106's sound and work great. I know because I have a set on my bike and my wife has a set on her bike. I also have 2 friends that have them on their CC's and they like them as well. They have a low, deep tone that are plenty loud at full throttle but you can still hear your stereo at 60 mph.
GaryTJ
Posted 2012-01-24 1:54 PM (#106043 - in reply to #105015)

New user

You can also cut the back off the stock mufflers and gut them. It leaves a nice 4" round chamber. Now take an 18" glasspack and slip it inside. Take the back part that you cut off and open the outlet hole to 2 3/8" and slip it back on, over the glasspack outlet and weld it all back together. Nice deep rumble sound and total about $50 and a couple hours work. (including drinking the beer.) :-)
ndabunka
Posted 2012-02-04 3:11 PM (#106878 - in reply to #105813)

Cruiser

Big Vic - 2012-01-21 1:50 PM

Not true about being out of choices..............Centerfire 106's sound and work great. I know because I have a set on my bike and my wife has a set on her bike. I also have 2 friends that have them on their CC's and they like them as well. They have a low, deep tone that are plenty loud at full throttle but you can still hear your stereo at 60 mph.

The Ness Big Honkers, RPWs, D&D's are what I would call all "actual" aftermarket pipes. You can get predictable performance and sound results from these that don't vary from bike to bike due to some quality control done by those companies.

It seems that a lot of other "shops" are modifying the OEM Victory pipes by de-coring them and then either sticking something else inside or not and then sealing them back up and shipping them back to you. IMHO, those are REALLY actual aftermarket "products" as they are aftermarket SERVICES. That includes the "Atom Bombs", Nascar6, Centerfire and other variations. As pointed out above, you can also do these mods yourself and save about $200 in the process from these variations. I do think that those vendors are offering a valid service that a buyer can choose from. The only thing that bothers me about them is when they market them as if their solution is some type of aftermarket "equivalent" to the actual products from the vendors.

So, IMHO Centerfire exhausts aren't actually an "exhaust", but rather ARE a service of "modifying" an OEM exhaust for different characteristics and IMHO, they should market them as such.

Edited by ndabunka 2012-02-04 3:31 PM
Big Vic
Posted 2012-02-05 11:07 AM (#106923 - in reply to #105015)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
This is really not worth debating for very long................so I won't. I don't really care if you consider it a "service" that your buying or an "exhaust" that you are buying. The bottom line is they are ALL options to replace your stock sounding and stock performing exhaust. Just because Centerfire's and others use the stock cans to build their exhaust does not make them simply a "Service" IMHO getting your oil changed is a service.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™