You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Great new brake pedal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

20 10 Vision
Posted 2012-01-10 9:21 AM (#105123)
Subject: Great new brake pedal

Tourer

I recently purchased and received the brake pedal sold by Dain on this site. More information and pictures of the pedal here: http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10573&am...

The pedal came nicely wrapped so it was not damaged by USPS. The contents included the pedal, as pictured in the link above, a new bolt and washers and instructions.

I used vice grips to twist off the old peg style brake pedal. I had a question about the install, there are good instructions included, but I was not at my sharpest that day I called Dain, on a Sunday, expecting to leave a voicemail. Dain answered and answered my question and I was off to the races. I found it easiest to turn the new pedal upside down and put the new bolt through the bracket off the new pedal and then use a 13 mm socket wrench to tighten the bold to the brake lever. When the new pedal was tightened to a point where I could rotate the new pedal my hand I rotated the pedal to an angle that would allow my boot to have the maximum amount of contact with the pedal as I depressed it. I then tightened it down firmly.

As with any new item added to the bike it needed a test spin. So told the wife I would be gone for a few mintues and got back an hour later The new pedal is a big help. Very easy to find with the boot and it provides a nice secure feeling when being depressed, plus it looks great.

As an aside when I was out 'test riding' I was on a 3 lane road going about 35 mph and a two door mercedes pulls up on my right as we are moving along, the guy hollers at me 'nice bike' Was he talking about the bike overall or the new pedal ? Thanks Dain, great product!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™