You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Took delivery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

ElroyJ
Posted 2012-01-22 10:16 PM (#105929)
Subject: Took delivery

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Hey all!

Well I am going to have more than one vision rider not happy with this post. Oh well!

I just took delivery yesterday of a brand new CCT '12. Only three miles and paid less than 20k.

I have always loved my VV but when the CC came out I said then as I will say again, had the CC been out on '08, I would have taken it home instead. But I digress!

A couple if immediate observations. The CCT is a great bike but has a couple of things that do make a difference to me. The first one is simply that the bike feels smaller. I realize it is not. But reality is, the big fairing is gone and I'm left a bit wanting.
I also miss the moveable windshield. Oh well, I'll get used to that.
The last thing that is huge in my mind is the vibration. I am a bit surprised at how it is more pronounced than the VV. But it is still so much better than any HD out there.

I have been told the difference in storage is not a big deal. Oh I so beg to differ. It is much roomier. Those that say I'm a wimp because of it, fine. I like my ecoutraments and this is a big one that I love. I enjoy not having to figure out where I'm going to stuff that last Widget. Yes it's that much roomier. I moved all of my stuff from the V to the CCT and have a ton of room left over. Love it!

The break in and fact that I lost my cam to the VV will be something I'll have to get over. But I truly look forward to the miles to come.

J
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2012-01-27 11:59 AM (#106238 - in reply to #105929)
Subject: Re: Took delivery

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Well this ex Vision rider has no problem with it. I had my Vision for 4 years and loved the bike. I did cuss the lack of storage, the heat in the summer, and the less than steller rear brake lights. I moved over to the CC Tour to eliminate the VV's shortfalls and have no regrets. It does everything my VV did and some better. The bike deffinately feels lighter and more agile. The fairing and lowers do a great job blocking the wind and only lets air in around my knees. The VV did a better job blocking the wind which is nice in January but not as nice in August.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™