You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

rear brakes on vision that are failing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

brucehaslam
Posted 2012-01-25 12:39 PM (#106114)
Subject: rear brakes on vision that are failing

Puddle Jumper

Mesa, AZ
Has anyone had a problem with the rear brakes on the vision going spongy to almost non existent? Front brakes work fine but rear brake pedal goes to floor initially but can be pumped up to get some braking. Had this problem, had it fixed by a Victory Dealer in Phoenix, six months later, same problem. My son has the same problem with his vision. Is this a factory problem or am I just unlucky. Any inputs would be appreciated. If I can just replace the master brake cylinder and bleed the brakes, I think I could handle it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dain
Posted 2012-01-25 1:29 PM (#106118 - in reply to #106114)
Subject: Re: rear brakes on vision that are failing

Cruiser

Bruce, The rear brake lines runs to the front system also. You want to bleed the rear brakes at the front bleeder. This happens to alot of Vision from what I've been told. It gets air caught in that area. Try bleeding the right one first this is usally the one it happens to. This should be the top bleeder or the closest one to the rear brake line. Keep an eye on the fluid level each time you bleed it. Dain
Lotzafun
Posted 2012-01-26 8:23 AM (#106164 - in reply to #106114)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL

Somewhat of a common issue with the Vision. Need to bleed the right front caliper.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3022&...

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6419

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8092&posts=17&highlight=bleed&highlightmode=1

Edited by Lotzafun 2012-01-26 8:26 AM
Big six
Posted 2012-02-09 6:13 PM (#107344 - in reply to #106114)

Puddle Jumper

i have same problem now 22k
alc
Posted 2012-05-21 5:57 PM (#114816 - in reply to #106114)
Subject: RE: rear brakes on vision that are failing

New user

1053 grange rd smithville,arkansas 72466
bleed your rear calibers and your right front center works for me
Arkainzeye
Posted 2012-05-21 7:14 PM (#114827 - in reply to #106114)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Btw speedBleeders make this a one man job!!
buddahead
Posted 2012-05-23 10:31 AM (#114989 - in reply to #106114)

Cruiser

SF Bay Area
I use the Russell SpeedBleeders, along with a vacuum bleeder... works great. On the R front caliper the center bleeder is connected with the rear line, both it and the rear caliper should be bled. Remember, dot 4 and 5.1 can (eventually) eat paint, but can be washed off with plain water after you do the brake bleeding. Adding rear fluid is a little hassle, the reservoir is behind a cable, at least on my '08.
capnDon
Posted 2012-05-23 11:50 AM (#114991 - in reply to #106114)

Puddle Jumper

Manchester, MI
Had the same problem on my '10 n0n-ABS. Dealer bled the rear, and did some kind of adjustment. The result was my rear brakes grabbing 5 or 6 miles down the road. Dealer kept the bike for a week, thinking it was a bad slave cylinder. Turns out mechanic was not aware that brakes were integrated. He bled the front as previous posts suggest, and problem solved.
dougvisionrider
Posted 2012-05-23 1:19 PM (#114995 - in reply to #106114)

Puddle Jumper

baltimore
had my mastercylinder replaced rear no proplems since
jonesjay@hotmail.com
Posted 2012-05-28 9:35 PM (#115409 - in reply to #106114)

Puddle Jumper

Sierra Vista, AZ United States
My master cylinder was bad from the start, noted early that the brakes seemed spongy and soon became non-existent. Covered by warranty, replaced and no problems now.
gr8punkin
Posted 2012-12-03 5:13 PM (#127967 - in reply to #106114)

Cruiser

Albuquerque NM
We just picked up an 09 for my dad, and on the test ride I noticed the same thing about the rear brake pedal doing next to nothing. No big deal I just topped off the master cylinder, cracked the bleeder screw, used a hose from the bleeder to a clean container of dot4 and pumped until there was no air coming out. Repeat on the other bleeders, and now the brake feels good. Thanks to this forum for such good information, I was able to resolve the issue pretty quick.
I think the previous just kept riding it with the rear brake not working, and relied on the front brake so they squeak pretty badly now. When I looked there was still some meat on the pads, but I will order a new set this week.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™