You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Warranty Transfer
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Drifter
Posted 2012-01-28 1:07 AM (#106277)
Subject: Warranty Transfer

New user

Just bought a 2010 Cross Country with warranty left on it. Anyone had any positive experience with warranty transfer? Between the dealer, Polaris and Polaristar, they are not making it easy for me. I am kind of getting the feeling that they would really rather I went away.

Thanks

Drifter
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ndabunka
Posted 2012-02-04 2:23 PM (#106873 - in reply to #106277)
Subject: Re: Warranty Transfer

Cruiser

Is the dealer a Victory dealer? If not, that may explain the difficulty. Most warranty transfers are DIRECTLY from the first owner to the second owner. In some cases, if a non-Victory dealer resells it, that could (technically) be considered the "3rd" resell (original owner=#1, non-Vic dealer=#2, you=#3) and often the warranties explicitly restrict such a model. If the dealer presented the bike as "warranty transfer", then it is THAT dealer's responsiblity to "get it right" or you could (legally) consider returning the bike to them since they did not honor their "obligation" of transferring the warranty AS ADVERTISED.

PS - I am not a lawyer and (thank god) have never played one on TV either...
Drifter
Posted 2012-02-23 8:20 PM (#108432 - in reply to #106277)

New user

Well, I have to say that that, although getting all that paper and signatures and photocopies was a pain in the saddle sore, the actual transfer was a piece of cake. Got a nice letter back from Polaris stating that it had been transferred, no fuss, no muss, no hassle, no additional documents required. I'm pretty impressed.
Drifter
Gta
Posted 2012-07-26 8:12 PM (#120286 - in reply to #106277)

New user

Just bought a 2012 cct. Dealer transferred warranty was no problem and they gave me the info and form to transfer the promo warranty for an extra yr. That one did cost me a $25 transfer fee.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™