You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision Lower Wind Deflectors
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-05-24 6:48 AM (#10830)
Subject: Vision Lower Wind Deflectors

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Here is a compilation of reviews from several riders that have installed the Lower Wind Deflectors on the Vision:

From Fergy (5/22/08):

I just installed the wind deflectors. I wish I'd had them last week on our trip to North Carolina but better now than never. They installed in just a few minutes and I think they look great. I'll test it tonight or tomorrow and report back. By the way, it was thought that the mounting brackets were chrome but they're black plastic instead.

The deflectors are tal and start down by the front tip-overs and come about 4 inches shy of the wind deflectors under the mirrors. This weekend I found that wind would hit my leg and go up my chest into my face. I could block the wind by positioning my feet and legs in a certain way to block the wind but it was a weird position and I like to move around so that wouldn't work long term. The wind deflectors block all the wind. At 95 MPH during my test tonight my pants hardly even flapped when the deflectors were turned all the way out. When turned all the way in, the wind was routed along the engine and around the inside of my legs disipating all the heat. All I can say is that they look great and work better than I would have ever expected. It's a must buy IMO.

PN #2876259 $229.95

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-05-24 7:03 AM (#10831 - in reply to #10830)
Subject: RE: Vision Lower Wind Deflectors

Fountain Inn, SC United States

From Spock (5/23/08):

Since Kevin "Fergy" did such a great job mounting the lower wind deflectors on his Vision I had him mount them on my Vision this afternoon and WOW are they sweet!! Like Kevin I wished we had them for our trip to Maggie Valley, NC. They do an awesome job of blocking the wind from your legs even if you have you legs extended with your boots part way on the highway pegs. If you turn the deflectors inward they send the air around the engine to move the hot air off the engine and off of your inner leg and thigh and back out towards the rear saddlebags.

It is obvious Victory spent a lot of time working on these in the wind tunnel or on a very sophisticated computer wind tunnel simulator to achieve this level of functionality. I think they look fine but like I have said all along when you are touring and ride the miles Kevin and I do function is much more important than form. Function should always lead form. If you plan to use your Vision as bar hopper then don't waste your money or time on them unless the bars are a few hundred miles apart.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™