You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Tank special plug
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

ElroyJ
Posted 2012-01-29 6:23 PM (#106365)
Subject: Tank special plug

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Hey all,

I am in the process of installing my CB on the CCT after installing the 2" pull back bars.

I got to the tank removal section and successfully removed all but the fuel plug. When I got it off I had fuel running out (not very fast) but it was dripping enough that I put it back on and started reading more. I figured in the instructions that a "special tool" is required but could be circumvented by doing something else.

Who has had the tank off the 2012 CCT and what did you do to plug the fuel so it doesn't drip? Or do I go to the dealer and pick up a plug and just be done with it??? My tank is 7/8ths full and draining would just be a pain but could be done I guess. But I'd rather not do this.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jama
Posted 2012-02-19 3:36 PM (#108109 - in reply to #106365)
Subject: Re: Tank special plug

Cruiser

Arkansas
I know this is a late answer, but I asked my dealer the same question and they don't even have that plug - they don't use anything. So I guess most don't drip too much. I'll be putting on the 2" pullbacks myself next week.
BTW, I found that Santa Rosa is no longer going to make these bars- they have some left over inventory of the standard diameter bars that have not been coated- so one can how them powder coated or chromed. The "fat" bars are gone. Their mechanic who did this work for them left and now don't have anyone to do the work, per phone call last week by my dealer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™