You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Electrical Connectors
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

rdrunr
Posted 2012-02-10 1:12 PM (#107397)
Subject: Electrical Connectors

Puddle Jumper

Hastings, MN
I recently purchased an '11 Black Crossroads, RPW pipes, heated seat and grips. When I took the side panels off, there are 4 connectors on the left hand side that I don't know what they are for. Since the seat and grips are already heated, can't think of what they would be for and the electrical chapter in the service manual doesn't address them.

This is the way I got it from the dealer; the only other thing I added was a connector for a heated vest. I know, I have lots of things heated, but found it extends the riding season in Minnesota, plus it keeps the wife happy. I was hoping to use one of these to power a USB outlet in my right saddlebag if possible.

I really hate messing with anything electrical; I can just see me blowing the whole electrical system up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

(connect.JPG)

(connect.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments connect.JPG (35KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments connect.JPG (35KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2012-02-11 5:07 PM (#107487 - in reply to #107397)
Subject: Re: Electrical Connectors

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge on this is lacking........but those top two plugs don't look electrical to me. They look more like a antenna jack or something like that. I would give the dealer a call and ask him what they are for.
randyyo
Posted 2012-02-12 10:23 AM (#107554 - in reply to #107397)
Subject: RE: Electrical Connectors

Puddle Jumper

Leduc Alberta Canada
rdrunr - 2012-02-10 12:12 PM

I recently purchased an '11 Black Crossroads, RPW pipes, heated seat and grips. When I took the side panels off, there are 4 connectors on the left hand side that I don't know what they are for. Since the seat and grips are already heated, can't think of what they would be for and the electrical chapter in the service manual doesn't address them.

This is the way I got it from the dealer; the only other thing I added was a connector for a heated vest. I know, I have lots of things heated, but found it extends the riding season in Minnesota, plus it keeps the wife happy. I was hoping to use one of these to power a USB outlet in my right saddlebag if possible.

I really hate messing with anything electrical; I can just see me blowing the whole electrical system up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

They look like RCA plugs for heated gear - Gerbing or Tourmaster
Big Vic
Posted 2012-02-12 4:55 PM (#107595 - in reply to #107397)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Ok, I need more info here. Did you buy the bike new or used? If it is used then I would also suggest those are for heated gear. You said you added a connector for a heated vest.............does it look like the 4 plugs in question?
jama
Posted 2012-02-13 6:58 PM (#107665 - in reply to #107397)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Never saw a heated vest/liner connector that looked like that. RCA's they are not. Audio jacks they may be.

Gerbings , Tourmaster and Warm n Safe use coax which are similar to these in pic but are not identical. Have you followed them to their source? Could be a clue there...
rdrunr
Posted 2012-02-14 11:35 AM (#107729 - in reply to #107397)

Puddle Jumper

Hastings, MN
Bought the bike new, only option I had the dealer do was a heat cord vest fo rthe wife, which doesn't look like these. Other than that it came with the heated seat and grips.

Didn't know if the wiring would be the same for the CC, maybe the antenna? I have not gollowed them back as they are pretty well taped like it was done at the factory.
jama
Posted 2012-02-19 3:49 PM (#108110 - in reply to #107397)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Ah-ha!!! I just stumbled upon what these plugs are- found the identical plugs in my Garmin GPS (660) box. The other end on mine has the big GPS mount/cradle assembly. But those you have in the pic are Garmin stuff. Hope the previous owner didn't just cut that part off. They are: 3.5 mm headphone jack, mini-usb connector, 2.5 mm microphone jack . The fourth one on mine is fused power, but it looks different than your 3rd from the top one. Hope this helps.
led59
Posted 2012-04-04 9:41 AM (#111468 - in reply to #108110)

New user

jama - 2012-02-19 3:49 PM

Ah-ha!!! I just stumbled upon what these plugs are- found the identical plugs in my Garmin GPS (660) box. The other end on mine has the big GPS mount/cradle assembly. But those you have in the pic are Garmin stuff. Hope the previous owner didn't just cut that part off. They are: 3.5 mm headphone jack, mini-usb connector, 2.5 mm microphone jack . The fourth one on mine is fused power, but it looks different than your 3rd from the top one. Hope this helps.

sweet, i just took out the console too see if i could do it... thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™