You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bluetooth Dongle is now available
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

ElroyJ
Posted 2012-03-12 1:14 AM (#109829)
Subject: Bluetooth Dongle is now available

Tourer

Centennial, CO
It appears that the bluetooth dongle is now available. I just ordered mine and NO it is not on backorder. I really hope this does what they say it will.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
7of9
Posted 2012-03-15 3:46 PM (#110182 - in reply to #109829)
Subject: RE: Bluetooth Dongle is now available

Puddle Jumper

Hi - am interested in hearing your opinion/review of this as I am interested in the same.......thanks!
ElroyJ
Posted 2012-03-19 1:43 AM (#110401 - in reply to #110182)
Subject: RE: Bluetooth Dongle is now available

Tourer

Centennial, CO
7of9 - 2012-03-15 1:46 PM

Hi - am interested in hearing your opinion/review of this as I am interested in the same.......thanks!

My bike is scheduled to be in the shop on Wednesday. I cannot get the CB to work at all by itself. So, until that is resolved it may be a bit before I can review the dongle. I will update when I have more information on the dongle.

I DID get the SMH-10 headset (I didn't order through Victory...but its the same one) and found that I CAN make and receive calls from my iPhone4S at 75MPH and the other person had NO idea I was on the bike.

Do NOT get me wrong. I won't be on my phone while I'm riding. I just wanted to see what the headset would do on the XCT. When my dad (who is a biker as well) told me he was amazed, THAT amazed ME. So, the headset is already an awesome purchase...but the price is...well...they're all expensive. But the SMH-10 is by far the best bang for your buck.
ElroyJ
Posted 2012-04-23 2:13 PM (#112776 - in reply to #109829)
Subject: Re: Bluetooth Dongle is now available

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Latest and NOT so greatest!

Well, after ALL is said and done, I'm NOT happy with Victory and their marketing. But as it goes, one person can interpret something differently when reading.

Long story short, the dealer and I read all of the information, made calls and we all thought that the BT dongle would allow comms for the CB as well as all other BT connections. NOPE!

IF you want to use your CB, you must purchase all the parts to make that run. Conversely, if you want to run BT, you CANNOT run a CB. It is an EITHER/OR scenario.

I'm a bit disappointed with this given that the technology is there to make this happen and yet, once again, Victory and CB manufacturers fall short of hitting a home run.

Being a former electronics tech, I am positive that one can make a CB run via BT. Because I'm no longer into soldering much and definitely out of doing a ton of mods to my bike(s), I can only say that if you want a BT CB, it appears you will have to wait a while longer.

Just to clarify: I am not unhappy with Victory and/or their products. Just how DAMN HARD it is to communicate with someone who actually knows something. Dealers have a hard time getting information. THIS is where I think Victory should take a page out of the HD book for service and communications. Hands down, HD has that in the bag and will continue to have it that way until Victory gets someone as CEO that changes the mantra and dynamics!
ElroyJ
Posted 2012-04-23 2:17 PM (#112777 - in reply to #109829)

Tourer

Centennial, CO
Oh...and a HUGE thank you to Grand Prix Motorsports in Littleton for going above and beyond to make everything right. The cost of the BT compared to the cost of the CB parts I had to purchase following the removal of the BT was not a lot of money. But it did sting when I thought I had to reach into my pocket book for more money.

Derek (parts dept) and Roger (Service Mgr) were gracious and very understanding. We ALL agreed that I was and I am still willing to be the guinea pig when it comes to new parts for Victory. But when they said they would cover the difference knowing all the brain damage we went through, I was very happy and cannot thank them enough!
Slappy
Posted 2013-06-15 4:29 PM (#140514 - in reply to #109829)

Puddle Jumper

I'm using the Sena SMH-10 blue tooth on my 2012 XCT. Recently wired in the audio harness, jumper cable and 2 dongles. Intercom, audio from stereo works great. The dongles have a 3.5mm input jack allowing integration of non blue tooth device. I ran a 3.5 line from the dongle to where I keep my Midland hand held CB radio mounted on the bars. Can now hear CB audio through blue tooth. Garmin Zumo 550 / phone also through the bluetooth. Wife likes that we have intercom and she can use her cell phone while riding when she tires of talking to me. Found best pricing for dongles and cables at Honda East Toledo http://hondaeastsuperstore.com/ dealing with Paul in parts.

Edited by Slappy 2013-06-15 4:31 PM
DirtyDan69
Posted 2013-10-20 7:59 AM (#146883 - in reply to #109829)

Puddle Jumper

Recent new owner of a 2012 XCT. Mine came equipped with the iPhone dongle in the lower. Bought a Bluetooth Dock adapter off Amazon for $30. Works great. Just streaming music from my iPhone. Haven't tried anything else as that is all I was looking for.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™