You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cold/Hard Starting
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

7of9
Posted 2012-03-12 6:45 PM (#109896)
Subject: Cold/Hard Starting

Puddle Jumper

Just purchased a new left over 2011 XC - Had 1 mile on it when I picked it up on March 4th. Rode it some Sunday (yesterday). Wanted to ride it to work this morning - was about 38 F when I went out to crank it - Dang near did not get it cranked! Took about 5 minutes before I could get it to start. Never had this issue with any of my other bikes (all Yamahas with a 2011 Stryker being the one I just sold to buy the XC). My last bike would turn over and fire pretty much what ever the temp was. Rode it to work - Left this afternoon and it cranked fine...... Anyone else have this problem? Going to call the dealer tomorrow..... Thanks in advance...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RonBou
Posted 2012-03-18 8:22 AM (#110330 - in reply to #109896)
Subject: Re: Cold/Hard Starting

Cruiser

Only had that problem once. Now I turn the key on and wait a couple, three seconds until the fuel is pumped, then hit the starter. Starts quick every time for me now.
ElroyJ
Posted 2012-03-19 1:52 AM (#110404 - in reply to #109896)
Subject: Re: Cold/Hard Starting

Tourer

Centennial, CO
I've only had this problem after it sat for more than a couple of weeks without the battery being on a trickle AND it being VERY cold out!
Cleopatra
Posted 2012-04-04 6:58 PM (#111500 - in reply to #109896)
Subject: RE: Cold/Hard Starting

New user

My 2011 would not start below 37 degrees. Took two trips to the shop before they believed me. It was a bad Crank Position Sensor. Would start when engine was warm or sat in a warm shop. Shop said they never had this problem before.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™