You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

crossroad really quiet
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

cowboy
Posted 2012-03-15 7:02 AM (#110142)
Subject: crossroad really quiet

New user

How do I get a bit more noise out of my 2010 crossroad without spending a arm and a leg. I don't want to much I just want a bit of sound.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lstayner
Posted 2012-03-19 6:58 PM (#110455 - in reply to #110142)
Subject: RE: crossroad really quiet

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
cowboy - 2012-03-15 7:02 AM

How do I get a bit more noise out of my 2010 crossroad without spending a arm and a leg. I don't want to much I just want a bit of sound.

By a drill bit and drill out the baffle. Not sure what it will do to the computer though. Did it on my old V Star 1300 and it made for a nice rumble but not to loud.
marlake
Posted 2012-03-21 8:21 PM (#110591 - in reply to #110142)
Subject: Re: crossroad really quiet

New user

Cowboy,

Contact Jim Naylor at 813-748-6550. He's in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
You will ship him your stock mufflers and he will ship you a set of his re-cored mufflers. The price in Feb. was $250 plus shipping both ways. He usually has sets made up in advance so the turn around is as quick as the freight company you choose.
I just had this done to my 2012 XR LE and the sound is perfect for my taste. A low rumble when cruising but you can make it "bark" if you are aggressive on the throttle. If all you want is a a better sound you don't have to remap etc. You can get more HP and torque by remapping or adding a fuel controller, high flow air filter, disconnect the O2 sensors etc. but I run bone stock and couldn't be happier. At 65 years young I'm not into obnoxiuos (anymore) but I do want my ride to sound like a motorcycle.
I promise,you won't be sorry.
RIDE SAFE
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™