You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Forged Highway Bar Lowers by JTD Cycle Parts
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

ammo_umb
Posted 2012-04-19 10:09 PM (#112575)
Subject: Forged Highway Bar Lowers by JTD Cycle Parts

Puddle Jumper

I've been bothering JTD Cycle Parts for quite some time and have some good new. John Motani sent me a picture today of the shell along with the following information:

The project is coming along great but turned much bigger than first anticipated. I am still hoping to release in May. I have attached a photo to give you a preview. I have decided to release the product as base units and each rider can add options that will be preinstalled by me for a plug and play product. Each base unit will be lower fairing with vents and mounting hardware. Each rider will be able to add lockable storage compartments, pre-wired and installed Polk Audio 4x6 speakers and add also LED spot lights and turn signals. Wiring harness kit will be pre-assembled for plug and play from bike to lower fairings.I am working on the compartment molds now which is the last item to do before I start setting up fabrication lines. I expect setting up fabrications lines to take a couple weeks on their own. They are the most important considering I need to reduce as much labor cost as possible which will mean a lot to you and everyone else in price. So I still have my work cut out for me.

On the other hand I feel very good with the design. I feel like I really captured the bike and the bars. What do you think? You can share. I am kicking my butt as fast as the old man can. Unfortunately it took longer getting vendor approval for Polk to sell speaker to before I could finish compartment design and now molds. Research just finding screws is a B#$&CH !!! And then it's beating their A---s down in price that counts. uuggggg! I which there were about 3 more of me, if you know what I mean. Any way it as great to hear from you and let everyone know it is coming soon.

If anyone is interested in being placed on the pre-notify list or has any questions please send an email to sales@jtdcycleparts.com. John will be doing a pre-release sell so he can handle the start up production.

(CrossBikeLowers.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CrossBikeLowers.jpg (88KB - 7 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
COLT425
Posted 2012-04-20 10:38 AM (#112599 - in reply to #112575)
Subject: RE: Forged Highway Bar Lowers by JTD Cycle Parts

Puddle Jumper

THEY LOOK GREAT ,DO THEY COME IN WHT /SILVER AND HOW MUCH?
7of9
Posted 2012-04-20 1:10 PM (#112614 - in reply to #112575)

Puddle Jumper

All in - just need price and availability!
JTDman
Posted 2012-09-26 9:22 PM (#124308 - in reply to #112575)
Subject: Re: Forged Highway Bar Lowers by JTD Cycle Parts

Puddle Jumper

I want to let everyone know I have been tracking issues where it seems the forged bars may not 100% the same from set to set. I know of bikes that the lowers fit perfect while others have a top outer corner out a bit. Although I install every pair on a set on my bench, I had the opportunity to install a set myself on a new friends bike Matt from Ontario this weekend.

First installed right side and the top corner did not fit flush to the bar. Took it back off and it fit again on bench bar just fine. With a lot of patience from Matt, I was able to find a solution by modifying the two wholes where they bolt to the foot peg holes on the bars. The fix was oval the holes for more adjustment. I am now modifying all my parts for both left and right side. A round file opens hole nicely. If anyone has any issues just give me a call or email I will be glad to send a new set of middle brackets. If you would like info on fix I can post pics.

Ride safe everyone!
John Montani
JTDman
Posted 2012-10-05 11:41 AM (#124721 - in reply to #112575)

Puddle Jumper

I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable season of riding. I am happy with the results of the Victory forged bar project and happy to report that all minor issues have been resolved and product tweaked to mine and riders satisfaction. Before I start focusing on next years project I have to note that I could not have had a more enjoyable group of riders to work with than the Victory riders community. This has been my signature project that has moved my design work into the mainstream. Thank you for your support.

John Montani
JTD Cycle Parts
Another rider making parts for other riders.

(P1020205.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments P1020205.jpg (51KB - 5 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™