You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New XCT
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

brogers
Posted 2012-04-24 3:33 PM (#112854)
Subject: New XCT

Puddle Jumper

Hi.

This is my first post.

I just bought a 2012 XCT from the only really "local" dealer, and the buying experience (IMO) was pathetic. I purchased it and I asked them to put the Stage 1 package on it, passenger hand holds, and hard lower compartment keyset locks on it. Well first of all, they charged me labor... I could've "customized" one online and had it shipped to them without a labor cost. Another thing that didn't really sit well with me was that I paid for the bike one week exactly before I picked it up. They were extremely helpful the day that I bought it and I told them that I was going out of town the following week for work and I would pick it up on Friday (exactly 1 week later) to give them time to put do all the labor involved with the stage 1 mufflers, flashing the computer, installing the keysets and hand holds. They said that won't be any problem, we'll have it ready for you when you come to get it next Friday... Well, "next Friday" came and nothing was ready when I went by there at 3:00 p.m. to pick it up. Nothing had been done to it... So I waited until they closed before I could take it home. And it almost seemed like the salesman was avoiding me... Almost like, "hey, I got my money, the bike is your problem now with the service dept.". I came within just a hair of demanding my payment back and telling them to keep the bike... Because, after waiting all of that time.... All they got done was the stage 1. I have to install the hand holds and the locksets (after I've already paid for it mind you...), or I would've had to leave it with them another week before they could get to it. (I work out of town every week and am only home on weekends)...

If myself and my wife didn't love the bike so much, I would've gone 3/4 of a mile up the road to the Harley place... But my wife loves it enough to make me wait it out.... I'm a little worried about the service I'm going to get from this place. They seem like crooks... Cycle.com did a review on the bike and said that it came with a hand pump for the rear shock, and they wouldn't give me one and said that it was an accessory... They wouldn't even give me a sticker... for $23,000 worth of motorcycle... I feel like I got reamed.....

Or is it just me?

Edited by brogers 2012-04-24 3:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
XRsteve
Posted 2012-04-24 4:53 PM (#112860 - in reply to #112854)
Subject: Re: New XCT

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Some dealers are pretty shitty, is there another Victory dealer anywhere nearby ??
brogers
Posted 2012-04-25 4:47 AM (#112903 - in reply to #112854)

Puddle Jumper

Closest is about 3 hours away....
brogers
Posted 2012-04-25 6:36 PM (#112939 - in reply to #112854)

Puddle Jumper

Oh, and another thing... After the stage 1 upgrade.... I get quite a bit of "popping/backfiring" from the exhaust... Is this normal? or did they miss something with their computer flash?
RonBou
Posted 2012-04-26 4:11 AM (#112967 - in reply to #112854)

Cruiser

I have stage 1 on my XCT. No popping/backfiring.....ever.
ltbiker
Posted 2012-04-27 2:07 AM (#113060 - in reply to #112854)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
I've never had any popping/backfiring either. Very unfortunate beginning experience with this dealer; wonder if a face-to-face with the owner would do any good. Having to travel 3 hours to another dealer would not be ideal, but hopefully you won't be needing anything but scheduled services.
VisionNWRider
Posted 2012-04-29 8:34 PM (#113224 - in reply to #112854)

Iron Butt

Tri Cities, WA
I have heard of alot of folks who have experinced the popping with the stage 1 upgrade on thier 2010/2011/12 X bikes. This has been an ongoing issue with vic bikes. I have a 08 vision and it's done the popping since the day I installed the stage one on it. They remapped it with no luck and many others out there have the same issue. If your running stock exhaust I CAN ASSURE YOU it's popping now but it's so muffled you dont hear it. The only fix I have heard of is buying a Fuel managment system and then getting it dyno to help stop or greatly reduce the popping..

Also congrats on your new ride. The new XCT 2012 rides are sweet rides. My wife loves her Red XC Tour so much. ENJOY... You can see my wife on the front of this forum at the top sitting on her new red XCT.

Edited by VisionNWRider 2012-04-29 8:36 PM
brogers
Posted 2012-04-30 3:01 PM (#113256 - in reply to #112854)

Puddle Jumper

I stopped by another vic dealer in a large town 3 hours away from home last week while out of town working. they had a huge garage and pretty much sold only bikes and seadoos. Unlike the dealer that I bought mine who sells bikes, boats, atvs, almost anything with a small engine.... Or an outboard/inboard... They were very nice as well.... I don't know... We'll see how these guys treat me for the 500 mile checkup.... If the service is like it was after I bought it, I'll never give them a dime again...
wolfman123
Posted 2012-05-07 6:18 PM (#113726 - in reply to #112854)

New user

I don't know about your area, but around N.E. Ohio there are a couple of HD dealers that are also selling Vics. You might want to have a chat with either a sales person/service manager/or owner of the local HD shop.
marchip4
Posted 2012-05-09 7:39 PM (#113913 - in reply to #112854)
Subject: RE: New XCT

Puddle Jumper

If it were me I would write, or call polaris.
Big Vic
Posted 2012-05-12 5:19 AM (#114060 - in reply to #112854)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I don't think I would write or call Polaris until you had a candid conversation with the dealer you bought it from. Judging by the first post I would say this hasn't happened yet. If my bike was not ready when promised they would have delivered it to me. If I paid to have something installed it would have been installed or my money would have been refunded (my choice) If the salesman acted like he was avoiding me I would have cornered him and told him so. I'm only judging what has been written but it sounds like the dealer is not performing to your liking and you accepted it. Remember that you are the customer and that gives you every right to tell the supplier when you are not happy with their performance.
brogers
Posted 2012-05-14 4:21 PM (#114265 - in reply to #112854)

Puddle Jumper

Big Vic... You're 100% correct... I came within a gnats _____ of telling them to keep the bike and that I was headed to the Harley Davidson dealer up the road... But my wife really liked the XCT (as did I), so I didn't show my rear and I just kept (somewhat) cool... I'm at the point now where I have to take it back to them to get the "break in" service done... If they can't do it on the day that I take it by there... I'm going to have words with the owner.... It may get ugly.... The only problem is, that there isn't another vic dealer anywhere close to me.... So I either need to take what I can get, or risk jumping all over this dealer and force myself to take it to a dealer 3-4 hours away anytime that I need to get any work done to it... I'm walking a fine line and don't really know how to handle it... It isn't like it's a Chevrolet where I can go across town to a different dealer...

Oh, and to top it off... I saw on Victory's website a week after I bought it that they had a $500 coupon for custom accessories (i.e. stage 1, hand holds etc...) that they didn't inform me of nor discount to me.... Just shotty business IMO....
a99miata
Posted 2012-05-17 2:25 PM (#114471 - in reply to #112854)

Tourer

northwest florida
the popping/back firing is due to the crappy gaskets that are used. Get a set from Lloyd's website and put them on.
Slappy
Posted 2012-09-06 8:57 PM (#123121 - in reply to #112854)

Puddle Jumper

My new XCT had the stage 1 upgrade installed when I bought it. Dealer stated if I did not like it they would be glad to return it to factory exhaust and mapping. I found it to be a tad too loud and did not like the popping on deceleration. At 500 mile service dealer did the exchange and service at no charge to me. They even provided a demo for me to use for the day. Very refreshing dealership experience!
I just love my new Victory and the dealer, Locomotion Powersports in Suffern, NY is fabulous.
Strike
Posted 2012-09-09 2:51 PM (#123299 - in reply to #112854)

Cruiser

San Diego, CA
I wouldn't call Polaris. You think you have problems with your Dealer, wait until you start dealing with Polaris. Their universal line is "Call your Dealer, it's their problem, not ours." Took me almost 8 months to get my Heated Seat Controls straightened out with Polaris. Also, keep your eye on your Fuel Gauge and Low Fuel Light, I have had issues (see Threads on VMC website) with both, and again Polaris has been difficult to work with. Not overly impressed with Polaris/Victory considering I paid almost $22k for my XCT.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™