You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Love the XC, but......
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

exclsscrdr
Posted 2012-06-12 7:57 PM (#116456)
Subject: Love the XC, but......

New user

Northern NY
Picked up brand red/silver xc first week in April from dealer in Plattsburgh,NY. Put 76 miles on it riding home. After crap weather, 2 week stay in hospital, month and half recovery (not motorcycle related), got on the bike with the wife on a beautiful riding day, made 37 miles, and the stator gave up. Dead bike on the side of the road. 4 hours later the bike was home in trailer for return to dealer. Best part was a guy and his wife were driving a restored 1970 Chevelle 454 SS stopped by to give us a jump. Bike started but wouldn't hold or take a charge. Dealer replaced battery first, then decided it was bad stator. 3 days to get new stator, however, gasket for cover on backorder until June 22nd. Now, I, need new gasket. We/I am going to miss the best 2 weeks of riding before the hot and sticky northern NY weather starts. Dealer has been doing the right thing so far, as near as I can tell, lack of parts isn't really their problem these days. Crap happens, so I'm told. I really like the xc with only the 113 miles I put on it so far. It is more comfortable and handles better than the flhtc I sold, more room too. Can't wait to finish the break in and hit the corners. Thanks for reading the frustration.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ahoutzer
Posted 2012-06-13 2:29 PM (#116498 - in reply to #116456)
Subject: Re: Love the XC, but......

Puddle Jumper

Walhalla, SC. USA
All I can say is that my XCT has been flawless so far, so I have confidence in these bikes. I think that your faulty stator is unusual, and that it really was just one of those things - no manufacturer has a 100 per cent faultless record. It sounds like you are being patient. I hope your bike is fixed quickly, and that there are no more problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™