You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Foot Control Adjustment
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

GericaRM
Posted 2012-06-18 1:00 AM (#116897)
Subject: Foot Control Adjustment

Puddle Jumper

Hey All

I was just moving the foot controls to the aft position on my wife`s new XC Tour and noticed that the linkage rod appears to be about an inch too short to bring the pedal adjustment into limits. Has anyone else had this issue? Does Victory have an alternate linkage rod? I will be checking this out further on Tues with the dealer, however, I always like to here from others who  truly understand the frustration.... LOL!

Thanks

Top of the page Bottom of the page
puttalong1
Posted 2012-06-24 4:46 PM (#117485 - in reply to #116897)
Subject: RE: Foot Control Adjustment

Puddle Jumper

Just picked up my 2012 XC Tour Friday and being short I too needed to move the controls to the aft position. However, my linkage rod was about 3/4" too long leaving the shift lever way too high. I solved the problem by running a 1/4"-28 die onto the end of the rod that has Rt hand threads and added 3/4" of threads. Then I cut about 3/4" of the rod off and screwed the die back off which chased the threads. I think it's odd that the book just says to remove the bolt, slide the bracket to the desired position and reinstall the bolt. That worked fine for the brake side but unless I'm missing something, I don't see how that will work for the shift lever.
GericaRM
Posted 2012-07-12 3:45 PM (#119298 - in reply to #116897)
Subject: Re: Foot Control Adjustment

Puddle Jumper

Actually, I rotated the gear lever counter clockwise a couple of teeth which countered the extra length of the linkage rod. Then fine tuned it and now it works great.
puttalong1
Posted 2012-07-14 6:35 PM (#119463 - in reply to #119298)
Subject: Re: Foot Control Adjustment

Puddle Jumper

I tried that first but felt the trans shifted a bit weird so I moved the lever back to where it was and thats why I shortened the shaft.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™