You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Dead Battery
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

GericaRM
Posted 2012-06-18 1:11 AM (#116898)
Subject: Dead Battery

Puddle Jumper

Hey All,

We got my wife's bike home, but she cannot ride it until we finnish the import process tomorrow. So we have spent the weekend polishing and adjusting everything just right, including getting the zumo 660 attached to the dealer installed gps mount. After we attached the gps we turned it off, but left it attached to the mount. Several hours later we turned on the bike to find that the battery was drained enough that it would not start.

Her dealer is not open until Tues, but I am thinking that the mech that installed the wiring must have (I hope accidentally) hard wired the GPS to the battery? Or was this just a coincidence? Has anyone else had or heard of such issues?

Thanks

Gerry 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
VICTORYTCRIDER
Posted 2012-06-18 6:12 AM (#116913 - in reply to #116898)
Subject: Re: Dead Battery

Cruiser

Capitol Region of NH
The short answer, no. Not sure which model bike you bought, but the cross bikes and Visions have factory wiring harnesses that the GPS plugs into and are on a ignition source of power. You could check this simply by leaving the GPS on and turning off the key to the bike. The GPS will give you a prompt telling you it lost power and asking if you want it to shut off now or stay powered on. If you do nothing it will power off in 30 seconds. If it is not one of the bikes mentioned above, I am not sure how they might have wired it. Even if they did wire it to the battery and you shut the GPS off, it shouldn't kill the battery.
GericaRM
Posted 2012-06-18 10:02 AM (#116931 - in reply to #116898)

Puddle Jumper

The bike is the 2012 XC Tour... Thanks I will try that...

Gerry
RonBou
Posted 2012-06-18 10:32 AM (#116939 - in reply to #116898)

Cruiser

My guess is that while fiddling with the new GPS you may have killed the battery leaving it on without the bike runnning. I did this when I got my first XC. A loose battery connection meant that I didn't have a full charge in the battery. If you haven't been riding the bike it doesn't take long to discharge a small motorcycle battery. Just my opinion....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™