You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Alarm installation... anyone
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

Slappy
Posted 2012-08-01 5:19 AM (#120640)
Subject: Alarm installation... anyone

Puddle Jumper

Considering the Gorilla 8017 alarm for my 2012 Cross Country Tour.
Looking for info as to where owners found room to mount the control unit along with thoughts as to alarm operation. Love the ride but disappointed to find absolutely no factory security features provided by Victory engineers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Strike
Posted 2012-08-01 4:16 PM (#120669 - in reply to #120640)
Subject: RE: Alarm installation... anyone

Cruiser

San Diego, CA
I recently had a Scorpio i900R installed on my 2012 XCT. I did a lot of research online, on the VMC Forum, and asked a lot of people, and Scorpio came highly recommended across the board. Installed the Control Module behind the left side cover as it needs to be level, and against a flat surface.
My Alarm has a Manual Override in case you lose your Remote that enables you to deactivate the Alarm. Basically you set a code with your blinkers with a number of left/right combos. The issue is due to a delay in the turn signal when it pulses it is really hard for the pulse hits at the right spot. I have tried it several times, and the Tech at the Dealer tried it, and we could not get it to work.

Big Vic
Posted 2012-08-12 7:52 AM (#121383 - in reply to #120640)
Subject: Re: Alarm installation... anyone

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
If you are concerned about theft I think I would use the alarm money to buy better insurance.............alarms, locks, and such only stop the dumb ones, good thieves know how to get around most of these things if they really want your bike. I'm not looking to have mine stolen but if it does I now got a good excuse to buy a new bike
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™