You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

lowering CC help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

CCguy
Posted 2012-09-10 10:36 PM (#123409)
Subject: lowering CC help

New user

Hi Everyone,
Just traded my Harley sportster in for a 2013 Victory Cross Country this past weekend. I have to say it is a big jump towards comfort! Im still trying to ride and get use to maneuvering a much bigger/heavier bike. When I was at the dealership I sat on the on the ness version of the CC and the suede leather seat seemed a bit lower than the stock seat. Im having trouble maneuvering the bike and already tipped it over once (very soft landing without scratches thank GOD!!). I need a solid inch to get flat footed and really feel that would help me not feel so intimidated by the bikes weight/size. Has anyone had experiences with switching the ness seat for the stock one? I really dont want to lower the bike or shave the seat due to comfort issues and really like the looks of the suede seat. Is it in fact lower or was my mind playing tricks on me? Oh, Im about 190 pounds and 5'6 with a 28 inch inseam. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Longbow333
Posted 2012-09-15 9:32 PM (#123662 - in reply to #123409)
Subject: Re: lowering CC help

Puddle Jumper

Howdy CCguy, I just lowered my XC using witchdoctors billet specialties 1" lowering link. It was relatively painless. I watched their installation video twice. It actually took me less time to install the link than it did to watch the video. The things I did different than the video was to break loose the bottom link bolt nuts while the bike was still on the ground. I was then able to remove the nuts without having to use a back up wrench. Also you don't have to completely remove the cap screw from below the seat, just until it allows the cross over link pin to be removed. Good Luck.
hmd520
Posted 2012-10-10 10:22 AM (#125026 - in reply to #123409)

Cruiser

Tucson , AZ
We offer a lowering link... as well as a complete kit.
HMD
http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC---Suspension-38
michrick
Posted 2013-03-29 6:14 PM (#133865 - in reply to #123409)

Puddle Jumper

Angelica, NY
Longbow333 any issues since lowering your bike? Do you do much 2 up riding I'd like to go for the 1" drop but I've heard things have to be moved and remounted or they eT broke off. Plus I ride slot 2 up. Thanks
Longbow333
Posted 2013-03-29 10:45 PM (#133876 - in reply to #133865)

Puddle Jumper

No, I don't do any two up riding. The helmet messes up the wife's hair. I've had no problems otherwise and I'm not a light guy. I hate to admit it but up to about 240lbs. Nothing to move and nothing to break. If my bike was sitting next to another not lowered bike, I bet without sitting on it you'ld have a hard time telling the difference. 5000+ miles and no issues at all. Good luck and ride safe.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™