You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

only back cylinder working
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

wpcbrown
Posted 2012-10-31 8:29 PM (#126023)
Subject: only back cylinder working

New user

I ride my bike about twice a week in Houston for about an hour or so. Last week, when I started off, the bike sounded funny on warm up but after half a block went back to normal. This week, again it sounded funny but did not go back to normal. I pulled the rear spark plug cover wire and the bike would not start but when I pulled the front spark plug cover wire, the bike started.

I concluded that the front cylinder is not working. When I put the plug cover close to the plug with the bike on, I can hear a tick tick noise.

Has anyone have this happen? What should I trouble shoot? If I have to, is it safe to ride it nine miles to the dealer?

Victory Vegas 2007 model 100 cc 24,000 miles

Thanks in advance

Wayne
Top of the page Bottom of the page
savage
Posted 2012-11-03 8:12 AM (#126144 - in reply to #126023)
Subject: RE: only back cylinder working

Cruiser

The first thing I would do is swap the position of the spark plugs to see if that would move the problem. This would also create an opportunity to visually inspect the plugs. If the problem moves to the other cylinder you may have found the problem, if not, it is something deeper.
sanqhar
Posted 2012-11-03 12:32 PM (#126146 - in reply to #126023)
Subject: Re: only back cylinder working

Puddle Jumper

UK
Is the front plug cover shorting out?

tom
wpcbrown
Posted 2012-11-05 6:36 PM (#126262 - in reply to #126023)
Subject: Re: only back cylinder working

New user

Thanks Ron... problem almost solved. I switched the plugs and the back cylinder would not work while the front one would. I concluded that the plug was shot. I will buy a new set tomorrow and everything should be back to normal

Also thanks to tom for your contribution.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™