You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Iphone 5 Will it work with Vics
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

JSP
Posted 2012-12-12 8:06 AM (#128319)
Subject: Iphone 5 Will it work with Vics

Cruiser

on the edge of Los Angeles

Currently using other devices from Apple with original connector works great.

With the new style connector and associated adaptor can it still be controlled like the earlier versions.

No I don't have a Iphone 5  as of yet to test

Top of the page Bottom of the page
baadawg
Posted 2012-12-12 7:12 PM (#128344 - in reply to #128319)
Subject: Re: Iphone 5 Will it work with Vics

Tourer

Chattanooga, TN
Anyone? I'd like to know as well before Christmas!
cw1115
Posted 2012-12-12 7:27 PM (#128346 - in reply to #128319)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I would assume since the adaptor is meant for dock devices with the 30 pin connector to be used with the new lightning connector it should work. I haven't bought the adaptor yet since I use my old iPhone 4 on the bike.
I'll get one tommorow and let you know. Since I added the HID driving light I lost AM reception and would like to listen to Iheart radio on my iPhone 5 thru the bike speakers.
PhantomX
Posted 2012-12-12 10:57 PM (#128353 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

Land O Lakes, FL
Yes it works I've done it on mine. The problem is the adapter is sort of loose fitting so when you let it sit in the side compartment it tends to vibrate out and disconnect. The adapters don't have the nice catches that the stock 30 pin adapter has that keep it in place. Plus with the iPhone 5 being a bit longer then add the adapter and the 30 pin connector and it doesn't fit well in the glove box.

What I did was use one of my old iPhone 3GS's and just turned it into an iPod basically. I just leave it in there always connected. Works great!
Monkeyman
Posted 2012-12-13 1:22 AM (#128356 - in reply to #128319)

Iron Butt

Peru, IN
Rubber band works well to keep the new style connector in place.
adirondacks
Posted 2012-12-13 12:34 PM (#128373 - in reply to #128319)

Tourer

Troy, NY
I have the iPhone 5 but didn't get the adapter. With the adapter this was going to be a sizing issue as mentioned above. I just bought a blue tooth AUX adapter and when back to the Aux cable originally on the bike. I don't have controls from the bike. However I rarely used the feature anyway. Now I just put my phone in my jacket and connect wirelessly through the blue tooth. No problems.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2012-12-13 3:10 PM (#128381 - in reply to #128373)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
adirondacks - 2012-12-13 1:34 PM

I have the iPhone 5 but didn't get the adapter. With the adapter this was going to be a sizing issue as mentioned above. I just bought a blue tooth AUX adapter and when back to the Aux cable originally on the bike. I don't have controls from the bike. However I rarely used the feature anyway. Now I just put my phone in my jacket and connect wirelessly through the blue tooth. No problems.

Which BT adapter did you get? Price?
adirondacks
Posted 2012-12-13 5:36 PM (#128385 - in reply to #128319)

Tourer

Troy, NY
I got it on Amazon for $27 bucks.
http://www.amazon.com/GOgroove-BlueGate-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphon...
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2013-06-06 11:10 AM (#140038 - in reply to #128319)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Any updates from those who are using the Apple 30pin - 8pin lightning adapter with their Vision/Cross radios?

There are 3rd party adapters on the market now but they don't have all the functionality of the Apple adapter.
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2013-06-06 11:48 AM (#140039 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
Jed, I have the I phone 5 and the adapter. It all fits and works fine.
Street Eagle
Posted 2013-06-07 11:49 AM (#140083 - in reply to #128319)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
I use and HIGHLY recommend Apples Lightning to 30-pin Adapter part/model number MD8242AM/A. One end is the 30 pin adapter. Out of the back of that plug there is an 8" cable with the iPhone 5 adapter of the other end.

Why I find this to be the best.

Have tried other adapters. Problem is if you have the victory 30pin cable installed, it creates issues between the male and female plugs. I've had them separate a number of times while riding.

I recently purchased a lifeproof case for my phone. It has a 1 year guarantee that if the phone while in the case gets damaged, they will immediatlely replace your phone. It also protects against dust and shock. You can completely submerge the phone and the guarantee is valid. The problem is, due to the thickness and seals of the case, it won't accept the direct 30 pin adapter. With the new cord with the 8" cable, the problem is resolved.

This cable also make its much easier to connect and store the phone in the compartment.

The 8 pin adapter actually "snaps" into the iPhone which eliminates cable, phone separation while riding.

Hope this helps!

BTW...I purchased the cable from my Verizon provider. They had it in stock. Apple stores also should have them.
gr8punkin
Posted 2014-03-04 9:21 PM (#151984 - in reply to #140083)

Cruiser

Albuquerque NM
Okay, I just got the iPhone 5 and the apple cable adapter. My bike sees the iPhone 4 just fine, but it doesn't see the 5 at all. The screen on the 5 reads that this accessory is not supported by iPhone. I am still using the white cable so I never did charge the old phone, so could that be the culprit? Or do I need to have the stealer flash the radio?
Any help would be appreciated.
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-03-04 9:34 PM (#151985 - in reply to #128319)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
I have a 2013 Vision and iPhone 5. The phone functions properly through the AUX feed while using the Vision's radio controls. There are issues with the cheaper cable adapters. Invest in an Apple 30 to 8 pin adapter. That should fix your problem.
gr8punkin
Posted 2014-03-07 4:43 PM (#152052 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

Albuquerque NM
For those who are using the iPhone 5 which cable does your bike have? Black or white?
I'm using the apple 30pin to 8pin cable which was not cheap, and I still can't get it to work.
Do I need to go back to the dealer and get the flash done? My bike is a 2008, and I doubt it has ever had the flash done to it.
kevinx
Posted 2014-03-07 7:21 PM (#152058 - in reply to #128319)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
Will not work correctly on the 08 Vision
radioteacher
Posted 2014-03-08 6:29 PM (#152088 - in reply to #128319)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
If the newer phones/devices with the Lightning connector wont work on your 2008 vision, do what I do. Go to the nearest Pawn Shop and buy a Third or Fourth Generation iPod for $20 to $40. I had some time to kill and saw a few the other day at all of the shops I visited.

Test them with your own head phones before buying.

While at one shop, I found a 2009 Rickenbacker 12 String. I have never seen a Rick at a Pawn shop before. I made an offer for it....they accepted my offer. I am looking at the guitar in my living room as I type this.

Ride Safe
taz456
Posted 2016-07-05 9:36 AM (#186292 - in reply to #140083)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone have any other updates to this old post? I finally broke down and got new iPhones for the entire family. I still have the iPod but I also have a sirius music app that I from time to time with the old iPhone 4. Now I have the SE with a lightning connection. I did a search of posts and this is the only post that came up. I have an apple store close to me so I try to purchase an apple adaptor and if it doesn't work, I will return it. If I can do that today, I'll post an update tomorrow.
texasgrumpy
Posted 2016-07-05 11:22 PM (#186304 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

I have a 2010 Vision my older ipod died so I switched to the newer one and purchased the apple adapter, everything work fine for about 2 weeks now I get the unsupported message.
taz456
Posted 2016-07-06 4:22 AM (#186306 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I purchased an apple adapter from the apple store and all works as it is supposed to. They had two to select from. The first is the short adaptor solid plastic with the connections on either end for $29.99. The one I purchased had a 2mm cord between the 2 plastic pieces and cost 39.99. I have the new iPhone SE which is the same size as an iPhone 5, with the cord on the adapter I can have the phone sitting along the side of the glove box on the phones side. This allows plant of room for other stuff. I have the iPod, Iphone SE, EZ Pass, garage door opener, and a smaller tube of sun screen. My prescription eyeglasses fit, in their case and lay on top.
taz456
Posted 2016-07-06 3:36 PM (#186313 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I made the 4 hour ride to DC today and was able to use the Sirius app on my iPhone SE without issue once I figured out that you need to use the do not disturb feature to prevent interruptions. Once you get a call or power down, for some reason my phone would switch over to the music stored on the phone instead of the app that I wanted to use. My issue is that most of the music purchased and synced to the phone is the wife's. Once I enabled the do not disturb feature it was golden. It even displayed the song title which I did not think it would do.
taz456
Posted 2016-07-06 3:36 PM (#186314 - in reply to #128319)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I made the 4 hour ride to DC today and was able to use the Sirius app on my iPhone SE without issue once I figured out that you need to use the do not disturb feature to prevent interruptions. Once you get a call or power down, for some reason my phone would switch over to the music stored on the phone instead of the app that I wanted to use. My issue is that most of the music purchased and synced to the phone is the wife's. Once I enabled the do not disturb feature it was golden. It even displayed the song title which I did not think it would do.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™