You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Slow speed handling
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

Teach
Posted 2013-01-12 5:43 PM (#129467)
Subject: Slow speed handling

Visionary

Daughter bought a CR and the slow speed handling is a LOT shaky. It isn't the bike, I've ridden enough Cross bikes to know they all do this at slow speed. Anyone find a cure for the head shake at slow speed?
I was thinking the pull backs added to the longish bar length is probably the culprit but just wondering if a fix has been discovered yet? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lstayner
Posted 2013-01-18 1:05 PM (#129742 - in reply to #129467)
Subject: Re: Slow speed handling

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I have never noticed this on my wife's CR. My 1st thought would be to check the tire for abnormal wear. 2nd thing I would have checked is the triple tree bearings and also make sure the forks are aligned properly. 3rd thing would be the rear tire alignment. I don't think changing the bars would help at all. Something in the geometry of the bike has to be off.
Big Vic
Posted 2013-01-20 6:38 PM (#129839 - in reply to #129467)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I have a XCT, my wife has a XR, and I have 3 friends that ride a XC and no one has the slow speed handling problem you describe. It is either the bike or the rider.
Travler
Posted 2013-11-23 6:41 PM (#149122 - in reply to #129467)

Puddle Jumper

SE Florida
I put the 2" pull back bars on my bike and it seems to me that the bike is more stable at slow speed probably because I am not reaching forward so much.
speedblue
Posted 2014-05-21 11:51 PM (#157583 - in reply to #129467)

Puddle Jumper

How many miles on bike? How many miles on the tires? What psi do you run in the tires? Some people never check the air pressure, low pressure can cause problems.Was a off brand tire installed on the bike, maybe it is defective. If the tire is cupped on the sides this can do it also. Another thing is if the tire has been recently changed, was everything tightened correctly. Also what exactly is low speed, 10mph or 75mph? I know here in Az. they like to repair the roads, or the cracks in the roads with tar, hence we have tar snakes. Tar snakes can make the front of the bike slide around a bit, not the most pleasing feeling. Hopefully you figure out what is doing it. Good luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™