You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

J&M speaker upgrade
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

Raymoto
Posted 2013-01-18 10:23 PM (#129771)
Subject: J&M speaker upgrade

Puddle Jumper

Tracy, CA
Bought a pair of j&m " high performance" speakers, After reading some favorable reviews and I gotta say my opinion is some what different than what I read. I'll start by saying that I wasn't expecting any miracles, but i was expecting an improvement. I didn't bother testing them on the road because of the horrible bass distortion they exhibited at half volume, neutral bass setting with my IPod playing. I had to reduce the bass to -2 to increase the volume past the halfway point. They are louder, ear piercing,but the highs are not quality highs and there is 0 ! Bass response. Not what I would call an improvement, save your money
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Raymoto
Posted 2013-02-07 2:24 PM (#130580 - in reply to #129771)
Subject: Re: J&M speaker upgrade

Puddle Jumper

Tracy, CA
Just thought I would update my review to be fair to the manufacturer. I contacted J&M with a complaint about the performance of the speakers and was told that I could send them in to be tested ( at my expense ). they where defective and replaced and shipped back to me for free. I was not looking forward to taking the front speakers out again so I decided to have a look at the rear. J&M sells a rear speaker kit, not sure why??? They are the same size. Open the trunk, two Allen screws, and there are the speakers....easy. Wish I would have tried that to begin with. Be aware, the rear speakers are held in place with two torx screws instead of allens like on the front. Installed 1 j&m speaker and turned it up... No distortion... But still in my opinion...they don't sound any better than my 2012 speakers. Not sure if victory upgraded from earlier models.?..the j&ms might go louder...but I couldn't stand to listen to them past 3/4. the quality of sound is bad on both speakers at that level. On the highway 75mph full helmet, your not gonna have much in the way of quality sound anyway. So my final opinion is still the same. $80+ per pair? No thanks. If your interested in trying a pair for yourself. Watch eBay. The new replacement speakers the factory sent will be for sale soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™