You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Steering Head Lock for CCT
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

puttalong1
Posted 2013-02-03 9:47 PM (#130432)
Subject: Steering Head Lock for CCT

Puddle Jumper

Just got my bike back from Nick's Pro Powersports in Belleville, MI. He installed at set of 2" bar backs and the Steering head lock I purchased from Honda East in Ohio last year (see my post from 8-12-2012). I'm very happy with the bar backs and the steering lock on a CCT. Now I don't need to carry a disk lock with me. Given how much I had to go through to pull this off, I'm probably the only guy in the USA with the steering head lock. I'll supply a pic when I get the bike out of winter storage if anybody is interested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Strike
Posted 2013-02-28 2:43 AM (#131514 - in reply to #130432)
Subject: Re: Steering Head Lock for CCT

Cruiser

San Diego, CA
Would love as much info as possible. Never understood why there was no steering lock, first bike I have ever had without one.
puttalong1
Posted 2013-03-03 5:58 PM (#131666 - in reply to #130432)
Subject: RE: Steering Head Lock for CCT

Puddle Jumper

From my previous post on 7/14/2012:

Stopped into "Honda East" in Maumee Ohio for my first service on 2012 CCT. While waiting, I talked to the parts Mgr. P.J. I told him I've heard that you can't sell a bike in Europe without a fork lock and asked how Victory sells the CCT over there. He said Victory makes a fork lock Pt# 4013053-266. If your bike has the rubber knock out plug in the middle of the top tripple tree (mine does) it should work. It costs about $250.00 and he thought it came with new lock cylinders for the gas tank and ignition so they would all be keyed alike. Didn't think to ask what about the trunk and side bags. Anyway, I would like to have a fork lock and will probably order the kit this fall for a winter project. Will keep you all posted. Let me know if anybody else is brave enough to jump in and try it first.
RiderJohn
Posted 2013-08-22 11:19 AM (#143375 - in reply to #130432)
Subject: Re: Steering Head Lock for CCT

New user

Does anyone know if you get new lock cylinders so everything is keyed alike?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™