You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New guy here with questions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

jughead
Posted 2013-05-03 9:33 PM (#138264)
Subject: New guy here with questions

New user

Hi everyone

I currently own a Yamaha Raider. I have been getting the urge for a bagger and it looks like the Cross Country might be the winner. What do you guys think are the strong points on the CC? Weak points? CC vs CCT?

I can take a test ride, but that will not tell me the little things that take a couple thousand miles to start to bug you.

I have read about a throttle blip causing the bike to go dead. Does this really happen, or is it not that big of a deal?

How are the stock seats? The seat on my Raider is I think a Japanese torture device.

What type fuel mileage do most of you get?

Anything else someone should know before buying?

Thanks for any advice guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RonBou
Posted 2013-05-04 10:23 AM (#138305 - in reply to #138264)
Subject: Re: New guy here with questions

Cruiser

I don't mean to be insensitive but all of these questions have been answered on the four most popular Victory forums many times over. Do some reading... and then if you have more questions post them.
michrick
Posted 2013-05-04 6:44 PM (#138329 - in reply to #138264)
Subject: RE: New guy here with questions

Puddle Jumper

Angelica, NY
I went from a 08 Yamaha Venture or a 2012 XCT and here is what I know

No need to blip the throttle Victory's don't like that, mine hasn't stalled from doing though
I'm getting mid 40's + or - depending on how hard you ride, RSV was high 40's to 50
Stock seat is comfortable compared to the RSV

Bike feels more responsive than the RSV, low speed handling is much better, seat height is 1" to 1.5" lower

Hope this helps

Edited by michrick 2013-05-04 6:47 PM
X1811
Posted 2013-05-05 4:42 PM (#138356 - in reply to #138264)

Puddle Jumper

jughead - 2013-05-03 9:33 PM

Hi everyone

I currently own a Yamaha Raider. I have been getting the urge for a bagger and it looks like the Cross Country might be the winner. What do you guys think are the strong points on the CC? Weak points? CC vs CCT?

I can take a test ride, but that will not tell me the little things that take a couple thousand miles to start to bug you.

I have read about a throttle blip causing the bike to go dead. Does this really happen, or is it not that big of a deal?

How are the stock seats? The seat on my Raider is I think a Japanese torture device.

What type fuel mileage do most of you get?

Anything else someone should know before buying?

Thanks for any advice guys.

I have a CR which is basically a CC without the fairing. These bikes are big yet handle well, have excellent brakes, plenty of power and are very comfortable for most folks. The CC is known for having wind management issues in stock form so you'll probably want to get a different windshield and some form of lowers. The CCT basically takes care of all the wind management issues that the CC has and you get a trunk also.

I've never experienced the throttle blip issue and my bike has never stalled out on me. I've read about it happening to a few folks, but it does not seem to be the norm.

I really like the stock seat. This is the first bike I've owned that won't need an aftermarket seat to be comfortable.

I think most folks get anywhere from 40 - 48 MPG depending on how they ride and what accessories they have.

If you're military, firefighter or LEO you can get a $1000 Victory rebate. I believe Vic also offers a $1000 rebate if you take a demo ride and then buy a new Vic. Dealers also offer thousands off on new leftover 2012 bikes. Good luck!
jughead
Posted 2013-05-06 8:14 AM (#138389 - in reply to #138264)

New user

Thanks for the info michrick and X1811. I am getting a strong pull towards the Antifreeze Green CC. Might hold off to see if 2014 brings any changes.

X1811
Posted 2013-05-12 8:15 PM (#138810 - in reply to #138389)

Puddle Jumper

jughead - 2013-05-06 8:14 AM

Thanks for the info michrick and X1811. I am getting a strong pull towards the Antifreeze Green CC. Might hold off to see if 2014 brings any changes.

That color definitely gets everyone's attention. I doubt there will be any major changes in 2014 since Polaris is focusing on unveiling the new Indian line this summer. If you can wait, it's always better to buy in the winter when there are lots of leftover bikes from the prior years and huge discounts to be had.
rsadow
Posted 2013-06-18 7:21 AM (#140634 - in reply to #138264)

New user

I just got off a Kawasaki Concours 14 after 4 years and have only 160miles on my new 2013 CC. Little different going from the ligthtnigh acceleration to the big V-twin, but this is not the first twin I have owned so I knew what I was getting into. 120miles home from the dealer riding 2 up stock seat was fine. So far averaging 46 mpg with no issues but after 160 miles I would not expect any. They have been 160 glorious miles and i am loving my new bike - new to this forum as well looking forward to the insight of long time Vic riders.
gmanflyin
Posted 2013-06-26 11:50 AM (#140935 - in reply to #138264)

New user

Just bought the green with black flames CC. LOVING IT so far!! Still in the break in miles so I'm taking it easy. Rode an 04 Kingpin for the last 6 years, great bike but was ready for an upgrade. Going from 5 to 6 gears was a must for long road trips. I like the stock seat. Bought a drivers back rest but the jury is still out that opinion. I think I'm liking it better without it. Overall very happy with my purchase!
Raccoon
Posted 2013-08-23 10:40 PM (#143483 - in reply to #138264)

New user

3 things I don't like about the XC. Wind management (buffeting), kickstand doesn't positively engage in the lowered position, and the tendency for the bike to want to fall over very easily under 2 or 3 mph. The last one is a major pain for me. I have to stop the bike and put my feet down at stop signs instead of checking for traffic at a crawl and then rolling on, because if I turn my head in either direction at very low speed, she wants to plant. Irritating at the least. I think the bike needs 1 or 2 degrees more rake to help the stability. Other than those things, the bike is awesome. Portland OR to Sturgis and back with out one single problem. She is definitely a mile eater!
Sunman
Posted 2013-08-26 9:27 AM (#143555 - in reply to #138264)

Puddle Jumper

Have a 2012 White CCT. Have had Kawasakis, Suzukis, Harleys and Hondas (Valkyrie and GL1800). Have 6,700 miles on the CCT. This is an awesome bike but I do have a couple of issues. Had to change out the handlebars to 2" longer than stock and I have long arms. For me the stock seat sucked even after having a gel pad put in so I changed to an Ultimate seat. To adjust the rear air shock you have to pull the right cover off. Not a big deal but poor design in my opinion. I do all of my own service so a big complaint is you have to pull the gas tank off to change the air filter. This is a really stupid design. It only takes about 10 minutes to pull the tank and another 10 minutes to reinstall but it is still a ridiculous design. The computer is quite optimistic on gas mileage. I figure mine is about 3 mpg optimistic. Just my dislikes but I still think it is one of the best bikes I have owned overall.
densred12xc
Posted 2013-10-22 8:21 AM (#146965 - in reply to #138264)

Puddle Jumper

Fostoria Ohio USA
I really like my 2012 XC and have about 9600 trouble-free miles on it. I changed the mufflers to D&Ds, stage one airfilter & reflash, Billet replacement brake pedal, longer mirror stalks, replaced the windshield (& Jurock 13" with flip) and added the Lock -N-Ride trunk. Winter weather is just around the corner, but I keep it on an automatic battery maintainer and fuel stabilizer in the tank with the bike always ready-to-go in case there's a freakishly warm winter day. We almost always get a few of those.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™