You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Sidecar for XCT?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Sunman
Posted 2013-07-27 8:14 AM (#142140)
Subject: Sidecar for XCT?

Puddle Jumper

I have a 2012 XCT and love it. But, my wife and I are getting to the age where we are thinking trike or sidecar. I am thinking sidecar because I could remove it when I want to ride 2 wheels but would have it when the wife wants to go as she is no longer comfortable on 2 wheels. Has anyone here added a sidecar to their XCT? Where did you get it? Any problems? I have the 5 year extended warranty but I assume it would be cancelled if I got a sidecar or converted to a trike? A trike would be a 2nd choice, anyone converted their XCT to a trike?

Thanks for any input.

Sunman
Top of the page Bottom of the page
slatevalley
Posted 2013-10-29 8:22 PM (#148308 - in reply to #142140)
Subject: RE: Sidecar for XCT?

Puddle Jumper

Have you thoght about retract a trike .I have talked to them .They willing to fab for a cross
radial
Posted 2013-10-31 6:26 PM (#148376 - in reply to #142140)

Puddle Jumper

Columbus OH
I don't know where to get it, but I know they are available. I saw one an XCT here in Ohio and it was perfect!
I didn't get to talk with the rider, but this was beautiful in form and function. It looked like an OEM item.
If I see it again, I'll stop the guy to ask.
DirtyDan69
Posted 2013-10-31 6:57 PM (#148378 - in reply to #142140)
Subject: Re: Sidecar for XCT?

Puddle Jumper

I have a good friend who bought the Tow Pack I think it's called. Stay away it's junk. He took a 6000 trip with his wife. From Chicago up through New York and around into Canada. Had nothing but problems with it. Really bad tire wear and a broken mount. They fixed it for him but gave him huge attitude like it was his fault. After they fixed it and adjusted he still had the tire wear issues. He removed it to take another trip to Tenessee but could barely lean the bike in turns as the remaking mounts on the bike would scrape the pavement. He's not a mechanic and I'm a rarely proficient wrench so I removed the mount for him. Tow Pack took it back and refunded his money but had an even bigger attitude. This was on a 2003 Gold Wing.
Sunman
Posted 2013-11-05 7:20 AM (#148526 - in reply to #148308)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the reply. I am interested in a sidecar or possibly a trike conversion. My thoughts on the sidecar are that I could remove it when I want 2 wheels and put it back on when the wife wants to go.

Sunman
Sunman
Posted 2013-11-05 7:23 AM (#148527 - in reply to #148376)

Puddle Jumper

I have found a couple of manufacturers but the are a long way from Texas. I believe that I could install the mounting brackets myself and do the initial alignment but am waiting on detailed instructions from one of the mfg. so I can see what the details are.

Sunman
Sunman
Posted 2013-11-05 7:24 AM (#148528 - in reply to #148378)
Subject: Re: Sidecar for XCT?

Puddle Jumper

Have not heard good things about Tow Pac from several people.

Sunman
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™