You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

XC windshield and handlebars
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Scottyp
Posted 2013-09-15 7:12 PM (#144521)
Subject: XC windshield and handlebars

Puddle Jumper

Hi all, I am the proud new owner of the 2013 XC. The first thing I notice that needs to go is the stock windscreen, it is just too short and blasts the wind right into my face. What do you suggest to replace? The flip windscreen or the Klock Werks? Or ???
I don't want to look through it so don't want a real tall one.
Also, I would like about a 2" pullback for the bars and it looks like a big pain to take off the whole fairing to do it. Is it or should I leave for the dealer?
Also, are there any decent black handlebars with a 2" or so pullback?
I love all the options such as the radio, cruise control, etc, I am coming from a VTX 1800 which was awesome but am hopeful I will love this bike as well.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
a99miata
Posted 2013-09-17 1:43 PM (#144600 - in reply to #144521)
Subject: Re: XC windshield and handlebars

Tourer

northwest florida
Cee Baileys & 7jurock make replacement shields for the XC & XR
densred12xc
Posted 2013-10-22 8:02 AM (#146962 - in reply to #144521)

Puddle Jumper

Fostoria Ohio USA
I have the 7 Jurock light tinted 13 inch with the flared "flip" edge on it. I am six feet tall and can just see over it if I don't slouch. If I were doing it again i would've gotten it in a 12 inch height. It really helps with the turbulence up on top. I still get some from underneath the fairing and will be putting some fork mounted lowers on to reduce that.
Mrmaxx
Posted 2013-10-27 6:25 AM (#147191 - in reply to #144521)

Puddle Jumper

I installed the MadStad windshield yesterday on my XC, went for the 11 inch (roadglide) shape. Unfortunately. . . well not really, the wrong size was shipped, I received the the stock shaped one. Installed it any way and went for a 150 mile dire today. WoW what a difference over the stock setup. I can not say enough about the wind blocking this setup does. Like night and day. I highly recommend it.

When I notice the wrong windshield came, I contacted MadStad. They responded to my e-mail almost immediately. I Sent them a picture of what they sent and they told me , no problem we will send you out the right one, no issue. So now I will be able to compare the two different sizes.

My experiences with MadStad was great, excellent customer service and a great product highly recommended.
Posted 2013-10-29 8:10 PM (#148307 - in reply to #144521)

Puddle Jumper

Get the madstads try them on your stock you will be amazed
SemperVee
Posted 2013-10-31 4:21 PM (#148369 - in reply to #144521)

New user

There are 13 inch clear V-streams for sale on eBay- they work great.
Sunman
Posted 2013-11-05 7:30 AM (#148529 - in reply to #144521)
Subject: RE: XC windshield and handlebars

Puddle Jumper

I bought the 2" pullback bars from Victory for my XCT. They came with excellent instructions. I only had to pull the from fairing off and that took about 10 minutes. The whole job took about 2 hours and that was with me taking my time. One word of caution: My bike has heated grips. I called my dealer's parts department and asked if they were glued on and was told yes. I spent about 45 minutes trying to get the grip off and then discovered that there are 2 tiny screws on the inboard end of the grip. I pulled these out and the grip slid right off. Fortunately I did not damaged the grip and the heater still works.

Sunman
Scottyp
Posted 2013-12-15 10:35 AM (#149691 - in reply to #144521)

Puddle Jumper

Ok thanks all, i think I am going to try these bars...
http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC-Parts-32
and get the Cee Bailey dragon shield. I just hope it doesn't get to hot behind the shield without having the vent opening
BradXC
Posted 2014-02-05 9:04 AM (#151040 - in reply to #144521)

Puddle Jumper

Does anyone have any experince with the Arlen Ness flip? I think it looks good, but I've read from some that they have had problems with it cracking. (These were old post).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™