You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2015 Vision ???
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

TimS
Posted 2013-10-10 9:34 PM (#146495)
Subject: 2015 Vision ???

Iron Butt

So when is Victory going to upgrade the Vision? 

Harley is not producing a 2014 Road Glide and it will re-appear in 2015.  Will Victory keep up with what Harley has coming in 2015?

Some 2014 Harley's have liquid cooled heads.  They also went to a CANBUS system in 2014 (don't know if that is a good thing or not).

The Polaris Indians have larger engines, will the Vision get a 112" or a 116" standard and a beefed up tranny/clutch?  Will the Vision's engine get better cooling?

Will the Vision have a stronger "touring bike" charging system (GL1800 has had a 100amp charging system for years compared to a 48amp system on the Vision).

Will the Vision get better "touring bike" storage?

Better electronics and LEDs should be a no-brainer.  Switching to LEDs should save on the charging system.  They are already doing it on the X-Bikes.  If they don't want to upgrade the electronics, they should at least provide a design for the user to do it on their own dime with aftermarket products.  Proprietary form-factors prevent this.

Xenon HID's with proper lenses would be a great option.

The VOG started a rumor about a 7th gear.  Is that really an upgrade ???

Anyone have an incites on if/when any Vision changes maybe coming?

TIA

Edited by TimS 2013-10-10 9:36 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Howieshotrods
Posted 2013-10-10 10:24 PM (#146496 - in reply to #146495)
Subject: Re: 2015 Vision ???

Puddle Jumper

I have thought about it a bit, not sure if next year will be the year. I agree, I would love to see some changes to the Vision, bigger more friendly saddlebags with led lighting are my biggest wants. Other than that, it's hard to improve on perfection. 7 speed tranny seems useless unless you are riding at 100+ all the time. Engine upgrades always welcome.

Two reasons they wouldn't do anything major next year:
1) not time yet, 8-10 years is not uncommon for a redesign, though some detail changes on the same platform with part swap outs with no major retooling could be possible. I'm not sure they sell enough Visions to make it cost effective, a cost of design and tooling is factored into a vehicle that pays for itself after a certain number are sold before it is financially feasible to start over.
2) I think they will let Indian build a little more (Chieftain Tour would be a guess).

That being said, I do believe they will do something in the next few years, taking a note from Harley. Possibly using the same basic engine but making some minor engine mods for more power, electrical upgrades, etc. Also possible that they change the Vision to make it a more mass appealing flagship (that one I am really just guessing at). Either way, I'm good, love my Vision and nothing I need I couldn't do myself for a few grand.
TimS
Posted 2013-10-10 10:51 PM (#146497 - in reply to #146496)

Iron Butt

The Vision is already 7 years old.  2015 will be 8.

When the Vision came out, it caused Harley to to keep pace with some features that the Vision provided (e.g. larger touring fuel tank, larger engines).  Competition is good for everyone. 

It looks like the Vision is falling a little behind Harley now.  I'd like to see the special Screaming Eagle 110 engine get "displaced" by a stock/standard Victory 116.

One other obvious option is to have the tour pack lights be functional running, turn, stop and hazard lights.  Signal lights have been making their way North for years so it is natural to see them on the tour pack.

Street Eagle
Posted 2013-10-10 11:14 PM (#146498 - in reply to #146495)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
based on historical trends, the most recent being Victory promoting the XC to flagship status, replacing the vision, the 2014's only change being color selection, it doesn't provide much encouragement as it pertains to the Vision's future.

hope I am absolutely wrong.
Tom13
Posted 2013-10-11 7:15 AM (#146507 - in reply to #146495)

Cruiser

I look at the XC and the Vision as a comparison with The Ultra and Roadglide. Two completely different bikes and I hope that they keep both styles of bike account there are two distinct types of riders in comparision. People I have met over the years that have RG's have more than once told they would never change from a fixed fairing style bike. Having just traded my 07 Ultra for my new Vision the biggest thing I was looking at is the ride and cost of maintenance. After riding the XC it is obvious that Vic is going after the fork mounted fairing HD owners. Which per capita has a very large piece of the touring market.

For the fixed fairing market I know we are less market share but a very serious share. Also when I got my first HD years ago everyone used to stop and say, "nice looking bike what kind is that?" After time that all went away. Since I picked up my new Vision I have had more people come up to me and ask that old question again. Usually they are all over it with positive remarks "Wow, Nice looking bike." Living outside of the box with owning these bikes says a lot for people not wanting to live the way the trends tell them. Everyday I get on this bike and am more and more impressed by the handling and comfort even in terrible weather conditions..... I am very very happy after my research to becoming a proud Vic owner, I hope that the Vision model endures years of production!!

Edited by Tom13 2013-10-11 7:15 AM
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-11 11:12 AM (#146513 - in reply to #146507)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I'm going to ride my Vision payment free for a little while before I finance another bike (it's not payment free yet) but I would like bigger bags as long as they somehow keep the essence of the Vision. I was riding it through this serious S curve on my commute yesterday and my thoughts were "most touring bikes can't do this , no cruisers can do this!" I was really laying her down in the corners . This is said so much by me and others that I hope it isn't loosing it's meaning but "there is nothing like the Vision" I'm still a rock star on this thing. It also makes me look like a much more skilled rider than I am. This bike is easily better than I am but it gives me all the credit I've never had a problem with the electrical system so I don't care if that's upgraded or not.
IndyVision
Posted 2013-10-11 11:21 AM (#146515 - in reply to #146495)

Tourer

Victory didn't just downgrade the Vision, for the most part, they also downgraded the Jackpot, Vegas, and Hammer since they only come in one color. For what? A hardball model that lasted two years, and the Judge and Boardwalk? I saw a total of 4 judges and Boardwalks combined at the AVR.
varyder
Posted 2013-10-11 12:06 PM (#146517 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Jim has already made some comments I will agree with. I nearly pulled the trigger for a new bike, it started out with the Indian, and I was READY. But I had to ask myself, why? I ride all year round, and the Vision is my primary transportation. For a while that was it, except the wife's Liberty. I've got a Wrangler, which I love to drive, but I love to ride the Vision more, so it may be for sale. I decided if I got another bike it would be a Vision, which the dealer had a 2013 that I could have gotten a great deal on. I believe I could have walked with well under $20,000, but I had to ask why again. If my Vision is still running and performing like new, why do I need new? Upgrade, what's there to upgrade. Those who want bigger bags, don't know what you're asking for unless you want Bertha Butt for a Vision. I'm starting to realize that many Victory owners are not serious about the brand like the other guys are. 2014 will likely be a bad year for Victory, but not because it's not a great bike, but because of perception. This will likely cause Victory to refocus with the Indian being on board. I think I guessed one time that 75% of motorcycle buyers don't even ride the dumb things, but that's what keeps the profits coming in. Victory doesn't even think about me anymore, I bought my bike 6 years ago, but I'm a bigger spokesman for the brand than the 75%. For now, it doesn't matter what 2015 looks like for any of the motor companies, I'm content.
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-11 12:11 PM (#146518 - in reply to #146517)

Visionary

Victory through longevity it's how we will succeed as a company, a brand. I feel the same way as far as another bike. Why? Mine is running fine and I love it like it was new after 65,500 miles. I wouldn't even have a 2nd victory except that Ol' Blue was beginning to need some love that would put me afoot for a while. So, what started as flirting with the idea of a new victory (not a new bike, a new Victory) became necessity. When this one is worn to the point that reliability is questionable, I will look at a new one but that will be several more years.

Edited by jimtom 2013-10-11 12:21 PM
ingle51
Posted 2013-10-11 2:20 PM (#146524 - in reply to #146495)
Subject: RE: 2015 Vision ???

Cruiser

NE Florida Jacksonville
Contentment is a relative term for bike ownership. I was content with my TCD, the Vision did catch my attention but my TCD was working well. Then in 2010 they came out with the Ocean blue and Gold Vision and lust hit me. Now I'm content with my Vision and she runs great.

Then my wife woke me up to see the unveiling of the new Indians and darned if that old lust problem reappeared. My 2014 Indian Chief Vintage will arrive this coming Monday and I should be able to pick it up Wednesday. Yes I'm still content with my Vision but it will share a garage with my new Indian. Rainy weather I'll take the Vision and sunny days the Indian. Lust is a terrible thing, but I'm sure glad I have an understanding wife. She is as excited about the new stable mate as I am. My first red bike since my High School days with a 1966 Honda 90.
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-11 2:27 PM (#146525 - in reply to #146524)
Subject: RE: 2015 Vision ???

Visionary

My wife is passionate about motorcycling too. Sure makes life better when you don't have to fight with someone about stuff like that. I'm excited for all 2014 Indian owners. It will be monumental !
Oldman47
Posted 2013-10-12 5:38 AM (#146548 - in reply to #146495)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I love my Vision as it is but I think I would like it even better with XCT bags on it. Meanwhile, every day I talk to people in parking lots and gas stations and every day I sell another Vision with my own attitude. Folks really respond to the Vision's appearance, who knows why.
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-12 6:22 AM (#146551 - in reply to #146548)

Visionary

Oldman47 - 2013-10-12 4:38 AM

I love my Vision as it is but I think I would like it even better with XCT bags on it. Meanwhile, every day I talk to people in parking lots and gas stations and every day I sell another Vision with my own attitude. Folks really respond to the Vision's appearance, who knows why.

My wife says there is no telling how many I have sold and got no commission I wouldn't want XCT bags on my Vision. I would like XCT capacity but I love the uni-body look of the Vision with integrated bags. I think the design is one thing that contributes to the way the Vision cuts through the air. So, I want my cake and eat it too I guess. I want greater capacity but I don't want a super wide rear end that might be unproportional and affect the efficiency of the Vision moving experience Maybe there is some compromise somewhere in that statement. I think the bags could be re-engineered to have greater capacity without sacrificing design. There is more room to be had inside the bag area. Illiminate some of the plastic petitions,bolsters , the small box areas outside be brought into the main box. I beieve this can be done without sacrificing strength or integrity of the bag area. The lids could be redesigned to incapsulate more without appearing wider.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-10-12 9:37 AM (#146553 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
The one thing I am disappointed with is, how they put a really nice radio in the Indian, but we get this radio that they put in the vision?!? I mean just all the technology in general.. tire pressure monitors, oil life indictor etc. Do I NEED these no. Most hardcore riders would say they don't need a windshield or radio. But when you look at the technology of the Indian, it makes the vision look like a after thought...
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-12 9:46 AM (#146554 - in reply to #146553)

Visionary

I would love tire pressure moniter and oil life. I really believe these features will find their way to the Vision.
TimS
Posted 2013-10-12 5:40 PM (#146565 - in reply to #146553)

Iron Butt

Arkainzeye - 2013-10-12 7:37 AM ... But when you look at the technology of the Indian, it makes the vision look like a after thought...

The same is true for the XC's LED lighting and storage compared to the Vision just 2 years after the Vision's introduction.

I think there are a lot of improvements that can be made in the next generation of the Vision just by bringing existing technology over to the Vision to keep it on par with the other product lines.  Surpassing parity would be even better.

I am planning my next bike purchase and am trying to determine if I will re-up with another Vision or not.  My short list is pretty short right now.

varyder
Posted 2013-10-12 5:59 PM (#146567 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
The problem is confusing, if you put that fancy stuff on the Vision, you'll have to jack up the price a lot along with it. Which begs the question, while the Indian is affordable, but a premium bike, how are they getting away with the perks at that price?
willtill
Posted 2013-10-12 6:06 PM (#146568 - in reply to #146554)

Visionary

Central Maryland
jimtom - 2013-10-12 10:46 AM

I would love tire pressure moniter and oil life. I really believe these features will find their way to the Vision.

You want a tire pressure monitor and oil life? WTF?

Check your tires weekly for pressure; at the same time you are looking at the condition of the rubber. You are "visually" inspecting your tires; rather than from an instrument.... yes? Correct...?

Oil life? WTF? Do you have a working odometer? Change the frikken oil when it's time... you don't need no damned bells and whistles to advise you of that....

I sense that some of our brethern here are getting too laid back and want "Bentley" electonics with our beloved spaceship

Ride your ride. All above said in good fun...
varyder
Posted 2013-10-12 6:46 PM (#146569 - in reply to #146568)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

willtill - 2013-10-12 7:06 PM jimtom - 2013-10-12 10:46 AM I would love tire pressure moniter and oil life. I really believe these features will find their way to the Vision. You want a tire pressure monitor and oil life? WTF? Check your tires weekly for pressure; at the same time you are looking at the condition of the rubber. You are "visually" inspecting your tires; rather than from an instrument.... yes? Correct...? Oil life? WTF? Do you have a working odometer? Change the frikken oil when it's time... you don't need no damned bells and whistles to advise you of that.... I sense that some of our brethern here are getting too laid back and want "Bentley" electonics with our beloved spaceship Ride your ride. All above said in good fun...

where about in central Merry Land do you live Will?  We need to meet sometime, I ride to Winchester now and again, and don't mind a little out of the way sometimes.

rwilly
Posted 2013-10-12 10:24 PM (#146586 - in reply to #146495)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Bout the only things I think they need to change would be to offer more lights. And also fix the fuel injection.
If you change the bike too much, it will never stand the test of time, it will make our current bikes worthless.
Continue making the bike so it will build a following and offer more aftermarket options.
varyder
Posted 2013-10-13 5:53 AM (#146596 - in reply to #146586)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

rwilly - 2013-10-12 11:24 PM Bout the only things I think they need to change would be to offer more lights. And also fix the fuel injection. If you change the bike too much, it will never stand the test of time, it will make our current bikes worthless. Continue making the bike so it will build a following and offer more aftermarket options.

Good, Ron.  It seems many want to make the Vision what it is not, and when they succeed, it will be the death blow to an engineering marvel. 

Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-10-13 7:07 AM (#146597 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i dont mean this to be saying the vision is bad .. but you know what i think is a crook of $hit? how when i went to buy my first vision i read articles that said the vision was YEARS IN THE MAKING.. i thought it was 5-6 years? (if im wrong im sorry) but heres my point. so when the 2008 vision was released to the public, if you read these articles you would be led to believe that it was a polished motorcycles but look how the very NEXT year many things that had to "improve" speakers, (superseded rotor part number(s)) even things like charging system components. Im not saying it should never be improved . but the very next year? how well "tested" does that say the bike was?? look at the crappy radio... can they say they honestly tested that in Real World conditions? even the 2011 vision.. look at the 100,000 mile transmission !! then what do they do in 2012? change it again. lol by adding another improved gear. So how much true research are they doing? i remember my first dealer saying, he was shocked they would release their top of the line bike with a radio this bad... so when i come accross a article on how the vision came to be, it doesnt mean $hit to me, as i look at it as a bunch of lies. of typical P.R. bull$hit
Boots
Posted 2013-10-13 9:25 AM (#146599 - in reply to #146597)

Tourer

New Mexico
Arkainzeye - 2013-10-13 6:07 AM

i dont mean this to be saying the vision is bad .. but you know what i think is a crook of $hit? how when i went to buy my first vision i read articles that said the vision was YEARS IN THE MAKING.. i thought it was 5-6 years? (if im wrong im sorry) but heres my point. so when the 2008 vision was released to the public, if you read these articles you would be led to believe that it was a polished motorcycles but look how the very NEXT year many things that had to "improve" speakers, (superseded rotor part number(s)) even things like charging system components. Im not saying it should never be improved . but the very next year? how well "tested" does that say the bike was?? look at the crappy radio... can they say they honestly tested that in Real World conditions? even the 2011 vision.. look at the 100,000 mile transmission !! then what do they do in 2012? change it again. lol by adding another improved gear. So how much true research are they doing? i remember my first dealer saying, he was shocked they would release their top of the line bike with a radio this bad... so when i come accross a article on how the vision came to be, it doesnt mean $hit to me, as i look at it as a bunch of lies. of typical P.R. bull$hit

Wow - Research to me means just that ~ Research. Theories and ideas tested, then applied in real-world scenarios. No matter how much testing is done it will never be 'right'. It's not possible to make sure everything is 100% perfect in every riding situation for every rider. My radio, for example, is just fine for me.

I can't defend things that should be recalled (cracked fender for example), but for the most part I think Victory's improvements speak volumes to their commitment to quality and willingness to recognize issues and improve their product.

As for 2015 and beyond, when I'm ready for my next bike (2-4 years) it will most likely be a Vision. Even if they leave it exactly how it is. Actually, I should say ESPECIALLY if they leave it exactly how it is...

Edited by Boots 2013-10-13 9:36 AM
XRsteve
Posted 2013-10-13 6:14 PM (#146615 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I love both my Visions, that being said I could dig a new 112 or116 incher. The electronics could be upgraded and a better stronger radio would be nice. I really like Harley's new 6.5 inch touchcreen that can incorporate GPS and all kinds of stuff, hey it is almost 2014. Don't mess with the fairing or seating position it's the best out there.................
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-10-13 6:54 PM (#146619 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Was thinking that if you have a 2013 Ness vision you might have the last of old design and power model
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™