You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

2015 Vision ???
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Easttexasrider
Posted 2013-10-13 9:45 PM (#146625 - in reply to #146495)
Subject: Re: 2015 Vision ???

Cruiser

Lindale, TX
The Vision should not be in competition with any Harley Davidsons. Let the Cross Country compete with that company. The next version of the Vision should continue to strive to be the best long haul two-up touring motorcycle in the heavy weight touring class.

In the next Vision model design, Gold Wing riders should be envious of the styling, legroom, storage, electronics and handling. Victory has the designers to make this happen.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Easttexasrider
Posted 2013-10-13 9:46 PM (#146626 - in reply to #146495)

Cruiser

Lindale, TX
And I'll be ready to trade in my original 08 Vision for such a model.
rdbudd
Posted 2013-10-13 10:52 PM (#146627 - in reply to #146625)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Easttexasrider - 2013-10-13 9:45 PM

The Vision should not be in competition with any Harley Davidsons. Let the Cross Country compete with that company. The next version of the Vision should continue to strive to be the best long haul two-up touring motorcycle in the heavy weight touring class.

In the next Vision model design, Gold Wing riders should be envious of the styling, legroom, storage, electronics and handling. Victory has the designers to make this happen.

So, all they really need to improve is the storage and electronics. They've already got the styling, legroom, and handling covered.

Ronnie
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-14 4:22 AM (#146630 - in reply to #146627)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
rdbudd - 2013-10-13 9:52 PM

Easttexasrider - 2013-10-13 9:45 PM

So, all they really need to improve is the storage and electronics. They've already got the styling, legroom, and handling covered.

Ronnie

I was gonna say that
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-14 4:36 AM (#146631 - in reply to #146568)

Visionary

willtill - 2013-10-12 5:06 PM

jimtom - 2013-10-12 10:46 AM

I would love tire pressure moniter and oil life. I really believe these features will find their way to the Vision.

You want a tire pressure monitor and oil life? WTF?

Check your tires weekly for pressure; at the same time you are looking at the condition of the rubber. You are "visually" inspecting your tires; rather than from an instrument.... yes? Correct...?

Oil life? WTF? Do you have a working odometer? Change the frikken oil when it's time... you don't need no damned bells and whistles to advise you of that....

I sense that some of our brethern here are getting too laid back and want "Bentley" electonics with our beloved spaceship

Ride your ride. All above said in good fun...

yes Will, I would like those features. Working 65-70 hrs a week, my kids involved in school athletics, and church... I'm tired and just want to be told when to change oil and when to put air in I don't have a shop either and just have to lay down in the grass to check air (at least on the back tire). To be honest, I normally don't check my oil at all between the 2500 mile intervals. I just change it and when it's time , I change it again. I check my air before big trips.
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-14 4:43 AM (#146632 - in reply to #146586)

Visionary

Really??? More lights and fuel injection? That's a first. The Vision is lit 360 degrees. I get "flashed" all the time by oncoming traffic when my lights or on dim. I can spot light coons in the tree tops on the way to work and scan the entire 50 foot right of way on either side of the pavement on the way to work. The back is basically one big light.My badges even light up. Fuel injection fix? What's wrong with it? Or what's wrong with yours? Mine runs fine.
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-14 4:45 AM (#146633 - in reply to #146597)

Visionary

Arkainzeye - 2013-10-13 6:07 AM

i dont mean this to be saying the vision is bad .. but you know what i think is a crook of $hit? how when i went to buy my first vision i read articles that said the vision was YEARS IN THE MAKING.. i thought it was 5-6 years? (if im wrong im sorry) but heres my point. so when the 2008 vision was released to the public, if you read these articles you would be led to believe that it was a polished motorcycles but look how the very NEXT year many things that had to "improve" speakers, (superseded rotor part number(s)) even things like charging system components. Im not saying it should never be improved . but the very next year? how well "tested" does that say the bike was?? look at the crappy radio... can they say they honestly tested that in Real World conditions? even the 2011 vision.. look at the 100,000 mile transmission !! then what do they do in 2012? change it again. lol by adding another improved gear. So how much true research are they doing? i remember my first dealer saying, he was shocked they would release their top of the line bike with a radio this bad... so when i come accross a article on how the vision came to be, it doesnt mean $hit to me, as i look at it as a bunch of lies. of typical P.R. bull$hit

you're kind of a negative nancy
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-14 4:45 AM (#146634 - in reply to #146599)

Visionary

Boots - 2013-10-13 8:25 AM

i dont mean this to be saying the vision is bad .. but you know what i think is a crook of $hit? how when i went to buy my first vision i read articles that said the vision was YEARS IN THE MAKING.. i thought it was 5-6 years? (if im wrong im sorry) but heres my point. so when the 2008 vision was released to the public, if you read these articles you would be led to believe that it was a polished motorcycles but look how the very NEXT year many things that had to "improve" speakers, (superseded rotor part number(s)) even things like charging system components. Im not saying it should never be improved . but the very next year? how well "tested" does that say the bike was?? look at the crappy radio... can they say they honestly tested that in Real World conditions? even the 2011 vision.. look at the 100,000 mile transmission !! then what do they do in 2012? change it again. lol by adding another improved gear. So how much true research are they doing? i remember my first dealer saying, he was shocked they would release their top of the line bike with a radio this bad... so when i come accross a article on how the vision came to be, it doesnt mean $hit to me, as i look at it as a bunch of lies. of typical P.R. bull$hit

Wow - Research to me means just that ~ Research. Theories and ideas tested, then applied in real-world scenarios. No matter how much testing is done it will never be 'right'. It's not possible to make sure everything is 100% perfect in every riding situation for every rider. My radio, for example, is just fine for me.

I can't defend things that should be recalled (cracked fender for example), but for the most part I think Victory's improvements speak volumes to their commitment to quality and willingness to recognize issues and improve their product.

As for 2015 and beyond, when I'm ready for my next bike (2-4 years) it will most likely be a Vision. Even if they leave it exactly how it is. Actually, I should say ESPECIALLY if they leave it exactly how it is...

exactly!
rebelce
Posted 2013-10-14 6:18 AM (#146635 - in reply to #146495)

Cruiser

Victory could do several upgrades to the Vision that were retrogradeable to the older models. 114/116 engine increase, smoother/quieter trans, a redesign of the saddlebag interior panels and doors for more capacity. Top filter and cam upgrades could be the next stage two options. The Vision is a great bike and should be around for many more years in an improved manor, if Polaris chooses to improve rather than replace.
rwilly
Posted 2013-10-14 9:38 PM (#146694 - in reply to #146632)

Tourer

seattle, wa
jimtom - 2013-10-14 2:43 AM

Really??? More lights and fuel injection? That's a first. The Vision is lit 360 degrees. I get "flashed" all the time by oncoming traffic when my lights or on dim. I can spot light coons in the tree tops on the way to work and scan the entire 50 foot right of way on either side of the pavement on the way to work. The back is basically one big light.My badges even light up. Fuel injection fix? What's wrong with it? Or what's wrong with yours? Mine runs fine.

If the fuel injection was better, you wouldn't hear about any of the backfiring issues that Vics have.
I would like to have the option of adding more running lights, like they do on Goldwings.
If people are "flashing" you all the time, then maybe you need to adjust your headlight, especially if you can see the coons in the trees. And don't run your HID light at night.
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-15 4:25 AM (#146699 - in reply to #146694)

Visionary

Mine makes one pop when I shift, who cares, oh sorry, you do I really wish it didn't but I don't lose sleep over it so to speak. Like tons of Vision riders, I have the extra lights PIAA on the forks. My headlight doesn't need adjusting ,it's just so bright. Oncomers mistake the super bright for high beam.
willtill
Posted 2013-10-15 4:45 AM (#146700 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Mine will pop occasionally too when I shift up; which is fine by me. Got the Dobeck EFI and Lloyds top filter, along with the S1L2's installed... so it's going to be a little more pronounced at times. With the opened exhaust; you're going to hear more pops occasionally than with the stock exhaust.

I need to get a set of pulled back bars though. Getting tired of trying to kick back and still having to reach for the bars with straightened arms.

jimtom
Posted 2013-10-15 4:47 AM (#146701 - in reply to #146700)

Visionary

there is a set in the classifieds right now 1" up 2" back
willtill
Posted 2013-10-15 5:02 AM (#146703 - in reply to #146701)

Visionary

Central Maryland
jimtom - 2013-10-15 5:47 AM

there is a set in the classifieds right now 1" up 2" back

Thanks. I see them. They are black though, not chromed. But I may change my mind later this morning... going to take the bike to work and imagine black one's installed. I'll decide when I get to work later this am.

Thanks Jim
jimtom
Posted 2013-10-15 5:15 AM (#146705 - in reply to #146703)

Visionary

anytime my brother
TimS
Posted 2013-10-18 10:24 PM (#146848 - in reply to #146495)
Subject: 2008 versus 2011 Motorcycle USA Comparisons

Iron Butt

In 2008, MotorcycleUSA compared the Vision against the current HD and gave the nod to the Vision hands down.

In 2011, MotorcycleUSA compared the 2011 Vision against the new 2011 HD Factory Road Glide Tour package.  In those 3 years, HD made improvements that resulted in HD getting the nod this time (HD improved frame, tracking, brakes, power plant, storage capacity, etc. where Victory just tweaked the transmission).  It appears HD means to keep its frame mounted fairing touring market share.

As stated before, the HD RoadGlide is being redesigned for 2015.  I truely wish Victory is keeping/exceeding pace for 2015.

Also, someone posted that the Vision is not in competition with HD.  I believe it is in direct competition with the HD Road Glide, HD's only frame mounted fairing touring bike. 

The Victory Cross bikes are fork mounted fairing/shields which more directly compete with the HD fork mounted fairing/shield bikes.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/10/9011/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Victory-Vision-Tour-vs-Road-Glide-Ultra.aspx

Edited by TimS 2013-10-18 10:43 PM
varyder
Posted 2013-10-21 8:13 AM (#146923 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I guess I miss it in what I should be looking for in a bike. While brand can be important, riding experience is the utmost. If Harley has improved anything it's only because they saw competition, not because they were really looking to improve. I doubt very seriously that Harley-Davidison will come out with anything that would closely compete with the Vision in handling and comfort. After 6 years of riding the same bike, I am more than satisfied. I've stated before, if ANY brand can build a bike that rides and fits better I would go with that next, but I've got a feeling I'll be riding a Vision a few more years.
Oldman47
Posted 2013-10-21 4:52 PM (#146946 - in reply to #146848)
Subject: RE: 2008 versus 2011 Motorcycle USA Comparisons

Tourer

Central Illinois

TimS - 2013-10-18 10:24 PM

In 2008, MotorcycleUSA compared the Vision against the current HD and gave the nod to the Vision hands down.

In 2011, MotorcycleUSA compared the 2011 Vision against the new 2011 HD Factory Road Glide Tour package.  In those 3 years, HD made improvements that resulted in HD getting the nod this time (HD improved frame, tracking, brakes, power plant, storage capacity, etc. where Victory just tweaked the transmission).  It appears HD means to keep its frame mounted fairing touring market share.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/10/9011/Motorcycle-Article/2011-Victory-Vision-Tour-vs-Road-Glide-Ultra.aspx

A magazine can say anything that they want to.  That 2011 HD Road Glide Ultra is the bike I traded for my Vision. The ride felt similar but the RGU used to scare me on a particular sweeper at about 50 MPH. I have ridden it at over 60 on my Vision with confidence (got caught by surprise by the cruise being set higher than usual so I decided to just ride it out). These days I intentionally go into that sweeper at 60. The Vision's seats, riding position, heated grips and seat and relatively cheap engine upgrades, starting from a solid basic engine are all factors that influence me. Even that electric windshield is something completely unavailable on a Road Glide. I actually had to buy a new windshield to make my RGU ridable.

Everyone has different priorities and preferences so I am sure the magazine tester was expressing his own opinion but that does not make him right. I hold a very different opinion after 7600 miles on my Vision and 15000 miles on my RGU.

Edited by Oldman47 2013-10-21 4:54 PM
Banjo
Posted 2013-11-01 8:10 PM (#148432 - in reply to #146495)
Subject: RE: 2015 Vision ???

Tourer

The Vision is not falling behind Harley Davidson Touring models even at 7 years old its still better then that " New" Rushmore stuff its all smoke and mirrors.
XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-02 4:32 PM (#148442 - in reply to #148432)
Subject: RE: 2015 Vision ???

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Banjo - 2013-11-01 8:10 PM

The Vision is not falling behind Harley Davidson Touring models even at 7 years old its still better then that " New" Rushmore stuff its all smoke and mirrors.

I agree on most points: There is no way you can make a ElectraGlide or RoadGlide as comfortable as a Vision. I tried for a few years then gave up and sold my RoadGlide. The wind protection is vastly superior to The RoadGlide and absolutely destroys the ElectraGlide in that department. I doubt Harley will have an adjustable windscreen on the new 2015 RG, we'll see on that in a 10 months or so. Our SOHC side by side plain bearing engines are decades ahead of any knife and fork engines offered by Harley. And the performance potential for Vics vs Harleys is ridicules in favor of the Victory, for $2000 you get 115 HP out of our Freedom 106's for the same $2000 you end up with about 90 HP with a 103 incher and 95HP with a 110 inch HD.

However the new stereos and information center on the Harleys is a generation ahead of anything on any Vision, Cross Country or Indian Chieftain. That could easily be fixed though..........
johnnyvision
Posted 2013-11-02 6:27 PM (#148447 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

With down draft EFI they have to find a better ECM and some how get rid of that dam IAV. Harley has Champion make a sprak plug just for there bike so they don't knock.

Wouldn't mind six pistion breaks up front a long with fly by wire throttel and that a lone would make for a better cruse control.

Bigger hand grips heated of coarse. Of coarse LED lights and more horse power

XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-02 7:24 PM (#148448 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Six piston brakes up front would be VERY nice...........
Arkainzeye
Posted 2013-11-03 5:36 AM (#148451 - in reply to #146633)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
jimtom - 2013-10-14 4:45 AM

you're kind of a negative nancy

I know thats how it sounds.. I guess i could say.... I dont make the truth, i just speak it... =(
varyder
Posted 2013-11-03 6:34 AM (#148452 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
There are some things hard to figure out, but I've come to the assessment that IF the Vision was perfect in all regards, fit and finish, radio, sound,, and so on, the bike would be around $40,000. The Vision has the ride down to a science, comfort and styling way ahead of it's time, with that I'm happy it was affordable. I'm convinced though that motorcycles owners want the best of both worlds, their living room on two wheels, and wind in their face. Me, I like it raw as I can get it for as long as I can get it. I like the wind and weather protection so I can stay in the saddle longer, that's human, the rest is just spoiled.

Edited by varyder 2013-11-03 6:35 AM
XRsteve
Posted 2013-11-03 9:37 AM (#148453 - in reply to #146495)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Seems like the BIG touring rigs ( Vision, Cross Country Tour, Goldwing 1800, BMW1600, Harley Ultras ect...) Are getting like luxury cars. Each time one gets different/more modern options it forces competitors to up their offerings, although not quite as quickly as in the automotive world. I thought the new Indian Chieftain info center with tire pressure, oil temp ect... was quite an offering but then Harley blew that out of the water with it's 6.5" Info center with touch screen and the GPS mapping available. Technology moves on, to some it's not as important as it is to others. One huge advantage the Vision has is it's basic size, with that it's the most comfortable bike made. The other stuff is like tensil on a Christmas tree, just trimmings. But the trimmings mean alot to some people................

Edited by XRsteve 2013-11-03 9:40 AM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™