You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear Floorboard Removal
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-02-24 11:06 AM (#151662)
Subject: Rear Floorboard Removal

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
I want to remove my passenger floorboards. Do you have to remove the mufflers first? Doesn't look like you can get a socket on the right side? Any suggestions?

Thanks Zig-Zag
Top of the page Bottom of the page
xcrob
Posted 2014-05-26 3:26 PM (#157715 - in reply to #151662)
Subject: Re: Rear Floorboard Removal

New user

I just took mine off last night in case you haven't done yet. You just need to remove the heat shield from muffler to get at that 24 mm nut. My problem was the only 24 mm socket I had laying around was from my impact set which the walls were too thick to get down onto nut. Well after 15 min of taking it to the grinding wheel I made it fit. I installed the cross over pipe cover which sure cleans up that ugly blued part of exhaust.
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-05-28 6:26 PM (#157777 - in reply to #151662)

Puddle Jumper

Haven't done it yet so thanks for your reply. It looks like both sides have a locknut right? I won't attempt to remove the swing arm bolt to remove the supports. I want to install the footpeg supports after I cut them down so they are almost invisible. I ride solo only.
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-06-01 8:42 AM (#157885 - in reply to #151662)

Puddle Jumper

I spent abouit 45 minutes replacing the left side floorboard with the footpeg mount without any problem and went to change the right side. I removed the muffler so I could see better. I removed the heat shield and unbolted the floorboard bracket only to find out that I need to remove almost the entire exhaust system to get the bracket out. I'm not ready to get into all that, so I put it all back together. I'll keep the floorboards on until I have good reason to tear it all apart again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™