You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

E Z Flashing Brake Lights Install
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-03-04 3:19 PM (#151954)
Subject: E Z Flashing Brake Lights Install

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
Hello Everyone.

I bought some ElectroPods flashing LED's from J&P Cycles. They flash off and on for as long as the brakes are on. Seems to me they were $32.00 or so. I'm very satisfied with my installation and wanted to pass it along. Here goes.

1. Remove the side panels, bags, and seat.

2. Clean the brace so the tape sticks nicely.

3. I used a thin piece of solid wire to fish up from under the tail light to the top of the fender. I didn't have to unbolt anything underneath. You can see where some of the wiring goes up and dissapears. My wire went through and came out the top without any problem.

4. Tape the red and black wires to the lower end of your solid wire and gently pull them through from the top.

5. Snake the two wires alongside the solid lines on the left side so you can connect the black to ground at the rear of the gas tank. The right side is too tight to get the wires through the brackets.

6. You need to get into that large bundle of wires on the right side and locate the pink/white stripe wire. I had to carefullu remove a section of the black wire loom so I could locate the right wires. This is the one that supplies the power. My 2012 had 2 of them. I don't know why. I used my needle probe and found that electrically they are both the same. Pick one, cut it, and splice in the red wire from the new lights. I ziptied the extra wire to keep it in place. Same for under the fender ( see pix ). Wrap some electrical tape around your new splice.

7. Stick the lights on the brace as close to the fender as you can, otherwise the bags will cover it up partially. I had to move mine.

8. Re-install everything you took off.

9. Stand back and smile.

Edited by Zig-Zag 2014-03-04 3:31 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-03-04 3:22 PM (#151955 - in reply to #151954)
Subject: Re: E Z Flashing Brake Lights Install Pix.

Puddle Jumper

Sometimes I'm an idiot... Here's the pix for the install.

Sorry

(Brake 1.jpg)

(Brake 2.jpg)

(Brake 3.jpg)

(Brake 4.jpg)

(Brake 5.jpg)

(Brake 6.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Brake 1.jpg (64KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments Brake 2.jpg (33KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments Brake 3.jpg (51KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Brake 4.jpg (48KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Brake 5.jpg (45KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Brake 6.jpg (33KB - 2 downloads)
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-04-11 7:05 AM (#154141 - in reply to #151954)
Subject: Re: E Z Flashing Brake Lights Install

Puddle Jumper

Hi. I just realized that these lights flash off and on normally with the bike not running. With the bike running they flash very quickly. Signal Dynamics said their load equalizer is designed to slow down turn signals that have been converted to LED's and won't wotk on the Electropods. I really like the extra brake lights but I'm not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions?

Edited by Zig-Zag 2014-04-11 7:07 AM
rdeerx
Posted 2014-04-17 6:49 AM (#154328 - in reply to #151954)

Puddle Jumper

I'm not familiar with the Electro Pods. I have put on Hyper-Lites. They work well. They have just the brake flashers(which I have) and I believe they also have run/brake type.
Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-05-09 6:24 AM (#156054 - in reply to #151954)

Puddle Jumper

I ended up removing the Electropods because I couldn't get them to flash correctly (too fast). I replaced them with two, three inch red LED strips and Back Off brake module from Signal Dynamics. I mounted the LED's on the upper bracket between the fender and saddlebags. They're invisible till I hit the brakes. I know they can only be seen from directly behind the bike so later I'll get the LED license frame.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™