You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Cross Country Gps Mounting
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

cpeny
Posted 2014-03-23 2:51 PM (#152596)
Subject: Cross Country Gps Mounting

New user

I have been studying for a long time where I am going to mount my GPS. I noticed that there is a perfect spot below the windshield in the center of the fairing above the instruments. There is a little plastic ledge there and it looks like a gps device would fit there perfectly. I noticed that this piece of plastic appears removable, though I am not 100% percent positive about this. If this plastic piece is removable I would drill holes in it and place and mount the gps bracket to it. The windshield appears to protect it from the elements. So my question is does anyone know if this center plastic piece simply pops out. If not does anyone know how this piece comes out. I have seen the Anniversary Model with the Emblem attached in this area. What do the rest of you think, I am open to suggestions, but it looks like a good idea so far.

(15th-cross-country-tour-p8.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 15th-cross-country-tour-p8.jpg (51KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cpeny
Posted 2014-03-23 3:14 PM (#152597 - in reply to #152596)
Subject: RE: Cross Country Gps Mounting

New user

I think I just found the answer to my question as to if it can be mounted in that location, but I still do not know how to get the piece off. Also if anyone has any pros or cons to mounting the gps in this location, I am still all ears. I am always looking for good ideas.

(cross country gps mount.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cross country gps mount.jpg (71KB - 2 downloads)
Slappy
Posted 2014-04-26 4:28 PM (#155652 - in reply to #152596)
Subject: Re: Cross Country Gps Mounting

Puddle Jumper

To remove that visor - remove the windshield, then the windshield mounts. Squeeze the visor and it will pop right out.
I mounted a ram ball mount to it,just back it with a piece of metal to provide more strength. ran power lines from within the fairing to power my XM radio receiver.

(XM mount.jpg)

(IMG_4343.jpg)

(IMG_4344.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments XM mount.jpg (48KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4343.jpg (47KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments IMG_4344.jpg (75KB - 5 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™