You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Break-in-Maintenance
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

pixie
Posted 2014-04-16 9:28 PM (#154324)
Subject: Break-in-Maintenance

New user

Hey everyone,
I'm new here and just bought my first ever brand new bike. I've always done my own oil changes in my motorcycles and plan on continuing the tradition.

My problem and question is that the dealer wants me to bring in my new cross country for the "break-in-maintenance" and it's going to cost me a whopping $180 for what? For them to walk around say yep everything looks good and charge an arm and leg to do a $50 oil change?

Can I just do this myself and what exactly do they make sure is tight along with the oil change?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
pixie
Posted 2014-04-17 6:59 PM (#154342 - in reply to #154324)
Subject: Re: Break-in-Maintenance

New user

Any suggestions on what the best oil to use in the 106 is? I'm going with amsoil and they recommend 10w40 but I've seen a lot of people say 20w50
BoilerMan
Posted 2014-04-20 2:52 AM (#154414 - in reply to #154324)

New user

If you look in your owners manual, there is a section on what should be done and at how many miles. Your 500 mile service is more than just a oil change. I use Victory oil myself, even loydz says he recommends it. Although this is your choice, and you will get a lot of differing opinions. I would not go any higher than 40 weight. The $180 is not bad for what is all reccomended for the bike on the first service. Enjoy the new bike.
speedblue
Posted 2014-05-21 11:36 PM (#157581 - in reply to #154324)

Puddle Jumper

The first service was thrown in free when I got my bike. So it said on the paper work, believe me I payed for it, ha,ha. Took it in for the first service and yes it was free. I got to know their tech/mechanic a little from this, so it was good. Possibly you could go back to the salesman and get him to get it done for you since you would like to get to know their service department somewhat, you could say or something along those lines. Thankfully I have only taken it in for one small leak,an o-ring. The other small item I had a problem with I talked to them over the phone and fixed it myself. Read in the shop manual if you really want to do it yourself and document it all. I still only do the oil changes myself, recently did the front for oil, fun job. Good luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™