You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

E Z Flashing Brake Update...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads DiscussionMessage format

Zig-Zag
Posted 2014-05-09 3:27 PM (#156072)
Subject: E Z Flashing Brake Update...

Puddle Jumper

LaFayette, GA United States
I ended up removing the Electropods because I couldn't get them to flash correctly (too fast). I replaced them with two, three inch red LED strips and Back Off brake module from Signal Dynamics.

I used the power from the now departed ElectroPods and wired the brake module. Easy instructions to follow. I used the double-stick tape and mounted the module directly behind the rider's backrest support. There's a lot of room right there. I mounted the LED's on the upper verticle bracket between the fender and saddlebags. They're invisible till I hit the brakes and the flasher does it's thing. The Victory tail light isn't wired in with the LED's.

I know they can only be seen from directly behind the bike so later I'll get the LED license frame.

Edited by Zig-Zag 2014-05-09 3:34 PM

(New LED's.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments New LED's.jpg (52KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dick Thorpe
Posted 2014-07-01 12:54 PM (#160874 - in reply to #156072)
Subject: Re: E Z Flashing Brake Update...

New user

Looks really good!
Have you considered the "Dyna Flash" found it on Ebay. Flashes 4 times fast 4 times slow then solid brake light.
I had to buy 2 one for the trunk and one for the tail light. Really gets peoples attention!
Killer price too! 20.00 bucks a piece and free shipping and the seller is very reliable.
Dick Thorpe
micdun
Posted 2014-08-12 10:19 AM (#164186 - in reply to #160874)

New user

I hooked up the Dyna flash, and it worked great. But now my cruise control doesn't work. Anyone else have this happen? I'm gonna try and hook it up differently.
dthorpe
Posted 2014-09-12 3:48 PM (#165850 - in reply to #156072)

New user

N. Las Vegas, NV United States
Found you........
On the input side (coming from the bike to the DynaFlash) of the DynaFlash run a 5 ohm 10 watt resister to ground. The Dynaflash registers to the cruise control as no rear bulb once the resistor is installed all will be well.
If you have further problems call me Dick Thorpe 702-612-0766.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™