You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Anyone have a 7Jurock flip shield?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

ljurgens
Posted 2014-07-16 6:45 AM (#163343)
Subject: Anyone have a 7Jurock flip shield?

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

Do you like it and do you have the clear or light gray tinted one?

I am thinking about getting one. I am 6-1" and I was thinking about getting a 19" light tint with Flip. Stock shields are 17.5".

Top of the page Bottom of the page
bmwrider1954
Posted 2014-07-16 8:48 AM (#163349 - in reply to #163343)
Subject: RE: Anyone have a 7Jurock flip shield?

North Billerica, MA
I have the light gray 15" flip. I'm 5' 7" and it seems to keep the air flow similar to the 17.5" OE shield.

It looks way better in the down position and works just as well as the OE. When it's full up, I can just look over it to the distance and wind protection is good.

That makes sense as the flip is supposed to make up for a 3" height difference.

I went to the Cee Baily's web site to get their height chart recommendations. They don't offer a flip for the Vision so I went with the 7Jurock. I'm happy with it.
southjerseyrider
Posted 2014-07-16 1:45 PM (#163355 - in reply to #163343)

Tourer

Vineland, NJ United States

I had one, the shield quality is great, and it worked fine for wind protection but I couldn't get used to the distortion caused by the curve/flip.  If you are tall enough to look over it, you'll be fine. If you have to look thru the top where flip is....lots of distortion.

ByteN2it
Posted 2014-07-16 2:51 PM (#163358 - in reply to #163343)
Subject: Re: Anyone have a 7Jurock flip shield?

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I'm 6'2" & have the light grey 19" one. At first the distortion in the flip distracted me but I don't notice it anymore. One thing I do notice is that there's very little difference in wind protection from completely lowered to fully raised? The protection is good, it just doesn't seem to change much unlike the stock windshield.
BrandonM7
Posted 2014-07-18 3:16 PM (#163421 - in reply to #163355)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
southjerseyrider - 2014-07-16 2:45 PM

I had one, the shield quality is great, and it worked fine for wind protection but I couldn't get used to the distortion caused by the curve/flip.? If you are tall enough to look over it, you'll be fine. If you have to look thru the top where flip is....lots of distortion.

I'm not sure what's on mine since I bought it used. It's clear, 17.75" on center, and has a VERY slight up flip at the top. I can't stand it, because at a comfortable winter height to keep my face from freezing I'm looking through that distorted section right at center view. I'm thinking about getting a shorter one with a stronger flip so the distorted line will be lower in my field of vision while keeping my cheeks from freezing.

So is the stock screen completely straight - no distortion in the top ~1" at all?
ljurgens
Posted 2014-07-18 4:24 PM (#163425 - in reply to #163421)

Tourer

BrandonM7 - 2014-07-18 3:16 PM I'm not sure what's on mine since I bought it used. It's clear, 17.75" on center, and has a VERY slight up flip at the top.

I measured my stock shield and it is 17.75" on center. Didn't notice any curve at the top really.

39 chev
Posted 2014-07-18 5:44 PM (#163427 - in reply to #163343)

Puddle Jumper

Pillager, MN

I have the light gray flip, 17.5 inches tall.  I'm 6'3" and I look over the top (by about 2-3 inches).  I HATE looking through windshields.  The 17.5 works fine for me...like the website says, the flip ads a couple of inches in effective height.  I think I could go even lower and be fine.  I ride with a 1/2 helmet, so I can tell when the wind is hitting me in the face and even when all the way down, I don't get wind in the face.  Sometimes, in a strong headwind I'll move it up an inch or so, but that's about all.

Quality is very good, but they are not painted at the bottom where they attach...so you can see the arms when looking through the windshield from the front.  Also, the curve DOES distort, but I never look through it unless I'm coming to a stop and need to see directly in front of the bike.

Good Luck!

BrandonM7
Posted 2014-07-18 7:57 PM (#163434 - in reply to #163425)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
ljurgens - 2014-07-18 5:24 PM

BrandonM7 - 2014-07-18 3:16 PM I'm not sure what's on mine since I bought it used. It's clear, 17.75" on center, and has a VERY slight up flip at the top.

I measured my stock shield and it is 17.75" on center. Didn't notice any curve at the top really.

Thanks a ton for checking that. Around the bottom where it bolts on does it have black stuff and some of those black dots around the edges of it like a lot of car windshields have along the top edge (sorry for the odd description, I have no idea what that would be called.)

The turn-up on mine is incredibly slight, but it's enough to distort the vision just a bit. Honestly the previous owner could have added the flip with a bit of heat and effort - it's really just enough to distort focus in the top ~1/2".
MaddMAx2u
Posted 2014-07-19 8:23 AM (#163446 - in reply to #163421)

Iron Butt

Orlando, FL
BrandonM7 - 2014-07-18 4:16 PM

southjerseyrider - 2014-07-16 2:45 PM

I had one, the shield quality is great, and it worked fine for wind protection but I couldn't get used to the distortion caused by the curve/flip.? If you are tall enough to look over it, you'll be fine. If you have to look thru the top where flip is....lots of distortion.

I'm not sure what's on mine since I bought it used. It's clear, 17.75" on center, and has a VERY slight up flip at the top. I can't stand it, because at a comfortable winter height to keep my face from freezing I'm looking through that distorted section right at center view. I'm thinking about getting a shorter one with a stronger flip so the distorted line will be lower in my field of vision while keeping my cheeks from freezing.

So is the stock screen completely straight - no distortion in the top ~1" at all?

Just get a car. THen you're cheeks won't freeze at all~!
20 10 Vision
Posted 2014-07-29 2:42 PM (#163717 - in reply to #163343)

Tourer

I just ordered a 23" no tint no flip. I have a 22" with light tint and flip I will be selling.
ljurgens
Posted 2014-07-31 2:37 PM (#163819 - in reply to #163343)

Tourer

OK, so I got the 17" light tint with flip. Love the light tint.

I ordered the 17" which is actually 3/4" shorter than the stock shield (mine measured at 17-3/4".
I am underwhelmed by the effectiveness of the flip.
I was expecting it to be a bit more pronounced and push the air more over my head. I think it does actually push the air up a couple of inches farther than the stock shield, but I wish I would have went with my gut feeling and ordered a 19" or 20".

One other thing I should note, they say it is 2-3" wider than the stock shield. The one I got is exactly the same width as my stock shield...
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-08-02 1:45 PM (#163903 - in reply to #163343)

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
You will find that rain will flow off to the side of the windshield at the point of the flip vs blowing back of the top of the windshield. Of course, when it comes to heavy down pours etc, the only thing that will help is closing the top...whoops...thinking about my convertible which I see very little wheel time these days
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-08-03 5:39 PM (#163926 - in reply to #163343)

Visionary

Have a 17 none flip from 7jurock it works nice wish they could do a nice tint would buy another
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™