You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Gl1800 to VV?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Bug's Zedi
Posted 2014-07-24 5:24 PM (#163561)
Subject: Gl1800 to VV?

Puddle Jumper

in sight of MM 106 I95, VA United States
I am currently riding an 08 GL1800 Goldwing with a complete TRAXXION suspension. The only thing that is lacking is ABS, so I am looking at my options. I have asked a similar question on the GL1800riders board comparing an HD to a Wing, and a few suggested that I might look at a Victory. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the wing only looking if something better is out there. I am aware of the differences and this question is only to see if a Victory is worth looking into. I am only interested in the performance differences since the Victory checks the other boxes when it comes to two up riding, comfort etc.

My question is limited to this. Can a stock or modified VV keep up with a Wing in the Twisties in the Mountains? given equally talented riders. So that there is no question I am talking about this type of riding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

I know I cannot keep up that pace, but I want a bike that can, and I know my wing can. We always ride heavy (550pounds total) 2 up as much as possible in the twisties.

We have had the pleasure of breifly riding with Yellow Wolf. Here is a video of us at what I would call an average pace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2q7Z9Jh9ts

I am sincerely interested in your information, and thanks to anyone who can give me a good comparrison.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2014-07-24 8:19 PM (#163568 - in reply to #163561)
Subject: Re: Gl1800 to VV?

Tourer

Central Illinois
A Vision with cams and such can keep up with a wing on the straights. It would be a very even competition depending more on rider skill than the bike. On the twisties a Vision will do better than a wing if it has the same rider. No way could I keep up with what you showed on that video but my bike can if someone else drives it.
Oldman47
Posted 2014-07-24 8:28 PM (#163572 - in reply to #163561)

Tourer

Central Illinois
Let me add more considerations. I could not reach the ground very well the last time I test rode a wing. My wife rode once with me on a wing test ride but complained about the harsh ride and about feeling like granny on the Beverly Hillbillies because the wing seat was that high up. She took my ride to Niagara Falls on my Vision in stride and enjoyed it. I like the laid back posture on my Vision and found the forced riding position on the wing very uncomfortable, no way I like my heels up under my a$$.
It is not all about performance mods and running the twisties. Sometimes it is about comfort or even more about touring comfort. I have owned the EG Ultra and the Road Glide models. Neither one was as comfortable or as manageable as my Vision in the real world but I would ride either one before a Goldwing as my touring ride.
pollolittle
Posted 2014-07-24 9:03 PM (#163574 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
What I'll say is that I've surprised many a sport bike and adventure riders when it comes to spirited riding. The VV will lean and retain traction at the extreme angles when the tipovers touch. I know mine are all have removed metal and I've tried to drag a knee when possible. Like any bike if you learn the power band it'll run and run it will.
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-07-24 9:58 PM (#163576 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
With about $1000 in extras (+ labor) a Vision will give you about 107 torque and 113 HP, or at least that's what my dyno run said. Working on the Vision is pretty easy too. I did my own performance upgrades with some help from people on this site for the cam install. 10 minute oil changes with no other fluids really to worry about (although, I constantly have to refill the gas tank!).
My GW buddies can't keep up with me in the twisties, and even though I've never tried the GW in them, I am much faster than I was on my HD (that's not saying much). I have impressed some sport riders who thought for sure they would blow me away, only to find me a corner or two back. I would have to say, that of the long distance bikes, the BMW is the only competition cornering. Not great for passengers though.
Passenger comfort is a tossup between GW & VV. Some like the GW better, others the VV. Both are super comfy. I even added highway pegs for my wife so she can stretch out.
Driver comfort is where the VV shines. the deep bucket seat, the long floorboards, the low seat height, makes you feel like you're a part of the bike, not just riding it.
Also, MADE IN THE USA!!!
DSmith
Posted 2014-07-24 10:52 PM (#163577 - in reply to #163576)

Cruiser

Bainville, & Mesa, AZ, MT
I ride with quite a few GW's, (kind of like saying I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express) so that makes me a expert.

Stock, the Wing will pull away from the Vision but not by much, a cammed Vision will pull away from the Wings in a similar manner. What I have found for me at least is the Wing will scrape ahead of the Vision, I do think this could vary some as both have adjustable air shocks. I seem to scrap less when I run higher than recommended pressures. Due to the higher degree of lean angle the Vision should be able to outrun a Wing with equal riders. One drawback to the Vision I have found is when you go over past the boards and dig the tip overs into the pavement, just trust me, its not a good thing. I am guessing the Wings would have the same issue, albeit the Vision will probably be leaned over a little further than the Wing.

I have not run with anyone that has a modified suspension such as yours, I am guessing that would make a significant difference. Guess you would know, how much difference was there from stock to the Traxxion Susp? Do you scrape less?
varyder
Posted 2014-07-25 3:51 AM (#163580 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Lean your body to the inside and you'll scrape less. For me, the Vision is a far better bike in comfort and agility.
RedRider
Posted 2014-07-25 4:27 AM (#163581 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

I like this question. Have you ever rode the Dragon's Tail? There is a guy there that runs it on his Wing and nobody stays with him. It would interesting if we could get him to ride the Tail on a Vision and ask his opinion.
I suggest you find a Victory dealer that gives demo rides with a Vision and see what you think.

I have ridden my '99 V92C through twisties with sport bikes and many times they are impressed with how the bike did. Sure they could speed off when they wanted but if it was just a riding exercise she did good. Now you take a 900 lbs bike with a more powerful engine and she can impress also.

Good luck in your choice.
lstayner
Posted 2014-07-25 7:55 AM (#163588 - in reply to #163561)
Subject: RE: Gl1800 to VV?

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I traded a 2010 GW with 26K on it for a 2011 VV which now has 61K on it. I typically ride solo as my wife rides her own bike. On two occasions she rode on back foe about 2,500 miles on each bike. For her the VV was hands down a better ride. The is considerably less wind turbulence on the VV than the GW. As far as performance goes, I have only added a timing gear and fuel processor (Not that it needed it) and the bike will run hard against a GW. It will run through the curves IMHO better than the GW.

Comfort was the big part of trading for me. I could get 80 - 100 miles on the GW and my A$$ was screaming to get off. On the VV, the 1st ride out I was on the bike for 2 1/2 hours and never got uncomfortable. The range of movement on the VV makes a huge difference.

GW is very tall and top heavy compared to the VV.

The money you save trying to correct the suspension on a GW is money that can be saved or put towards farkles or performance modifications.

In the end you will spend less money and get a better bike.
Bug's Zedi
Posted 2014-07-25 7:57 AM (#163589 - in reply to #163572)

Puddle Jumper

Oldman47 - 2014-07-24 8:28 PM

Let me add more considerations. I could not reach the ground very well the last time I test rode a wing. My wife rode once with me on a wing test ride but complained about the harsh ride and about feeling like granny on the Beverly Hillbillies because the wing seat was that high up. She took my ride to Niagara Falls on my Vision in stride and enjoyed it. I like the laid back posture on my Vision and found the forced riding position on the wing very uncomfortable, no way I like my heels up under my a$$.
It is not all about performance mods and running the twisties. Sometimes it is about comfort or even more about touring comfort. I have owned the EG Ultra and the Road Glide models. Neither one was as comfortable or as manageable as my Vision in the real world but I would ride either one before a Goldwing as my touring ride.

Actually for me it is all about the performance. If we can't ride like we can in the Twisties, we would not be interested in riding at all. Ironicaly, the reason that is most touted as an advantage of the VV is the very reason I did not consider it as a replacement for the Concours C10 we started on. I could not see being able to control the bike from that position . When I ride I am on the balls of my feet on the pegs and push my butt over into the curve to shift weight. I see from some of the other comments that I may have been wrong in my assumptions.
Bug's Zedi
Posted 2014-07-25 8:10 AM (#163590 - in reply to #163577)

Puddle Jumper

DSmith - 2014-07-24 10:52 PM

I ride with quite a few GW's, (kind of like saying I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express) so that makes me a expert.

Stock, the Wing will pull away from the Vision but not by much, a cammed Vision will pull away from the Wings in a similar manner. What I have found for me at least is the Wing will scrape ahead of the Vision, I do think this could vary some as both have adjustable air shocks. I seem to scrap less when I run higher than recommended pressures. Due to the higher degree of lean angle the Vision should be able to outrun a Wing with equal riders. One drawback to the Vision I have found is when you go over past the boards and dig the tip overs into the pavement, just trust me, its not a good thing. I am guessing the Wings would have the same issue, albeit the Vision will probably be leaned over a little further than the Wing.

I have not run with anyone that has a modified suspension such as yours, I am guessing that would make a significant difference. Guess you would know, how much difference was there from stock to the Traxxion Susp? Do you scrape less?

Stock out of the box the Wing's suspension SUCKS! Only half of the front has a damper rod and the other half is anti dive that interferes at the wrong time. Rear shock typically needs the preload bled to work right and the ride is somewhat harsh. Many people modify their suspension and there are a number of routes. Traxxion is Best, but also most expensive $3,600+ . All new front damper rods for both sides, new springs matched to your style of riding and weight, Billet Triple Tree upper and lower, fork brace new rear shock and spring and installation. Great company out of GA.

Changed it into a completely different bike both comfort and performance. Prior I would have to warn my wife to prepare for bumps, noe they are mostly a non event. Riding height increased at least 3"" when fully loaded. We went from scraping everything clear down to the mufflers, to barely touching the pegs in the same curves at higher speeds. (Also helped that I learned how to ride better)
rdbudd
Posted 2014-07-25 8:32 AM (#163592 - in reply to #163589)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Bug's Zedi - 2014-07-25 7:57 AM

Oldman47 - 2014-07-24 8:28 PM

Actually for me it is all about the performance. If we can't ride like we can in the Twisties, we would not be interested in riding at all. Ironicaly, the reason that is most touted as an advantage of the VV is the very reason I did not consider it as a replacement for the Concours C10 we started on. I could not see being able to control the bike from that position . When I ride I am on the balls of my feet on the pegs and push my butt over into the curve to shift weight. I see from some of the other comments that I may have been wrong in my assumptions.

For the type of riding you are describing, the only downside the Vision has (compared to the GW) is the forward controls. The gear shift and brake pedal are too far forward for that kind of activity. BUT, on a road like Deal's Gap, and with some performance mods, the Vision doesn't need to be shifted much and it has good engine braking. A smooth rider who knows, or can "read" the road won't need to shift or brake much.

I have run Deal's Gap (and much more demanding roads than it) with my Vision in the company of a GL1800 and a ZX1400. The Vision stays right with the ZX1400 on the Dragon and runs away from the Goldwing. The Goldwing handles just as good as the Vision, but the GW drags hard parts much sooner. We are all former sport bike riders and can ride equally well.

A cammed Vision runs harder than a Goldwing. The riding position isn't ideal for hard charging through the corners, but is fantastic for the long ride to get there. The riding position can be worked around for hard charging, once you learn the bike.

Stock to stock, the Goldwing is slightly faster than a Vision in a straight line, mostly after 100 MPH is reached. I spent $1230.45 on cams, air filter, fuel controller, and tuning and the results are reversed. The Vision outruns the same Goldwing in the quarter mile, in roll-ons, and on top speed.

Ronnie
Bug's Zedi
Posted 2014-07-25 8:34 AM (#163593 - in reply to #163581)

Puddle Jumper

RedRider - 2014-07-25 4:27 AM

I like this question. Have you ever rode the Dragon's Tail? There is a guy there that runs it on his Wing and nobody stays with him. It would interesting if we could get him to ride the Tail on a Vision and ask his opinion.
I suggest you find a Victory dealer that gives demo rides with a Vision and see what you think.

I have ridden my '99 V92C through twisties with sport bikes and many times they are impressed with how the bike did. Sure they could speed off when they wanted but if it was just a riding exercise she did good. Now you take a 900 lbs bike with a more powerful engine and she can impress also.

Yes a couple of times.

The guy in the first video is who you are talking about. Rick (AKA Yellow Wolf) is a regular contributor to the GL1800riders board. He also gives tips rides to people to help them ride better. I agree that it would be interesting, but he is strictly a goldwing guy and has admited that he may not be as good on a different bike.

BrandonM7
Posted 2014-07-25 10:27 AM (#163597 - in reply to #163593)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
Bug's Zedi - 2014-07-25 9:34 AM

Yes a couple of times.

The guy in the first video is who you are talking about. Rick (AKA Yellow Wolf) is a regular contributor to the GL1800riders board. He also gives tips rides to people to help them ride better. I agree that it would be interesting, but he is strictly a goldwing guy and has admited that he may not be as good on a different bike.

He was legendary on GA Sport Bike and Bloke's back when I rode bikes of the higher-strung variety. New people would sign up just because they had taken a trip to the gap and got their ass handed to them by the yellow Goldwing, and they were all trying to see if other people knew about him. I've never gotten to meet him, but he's a strong part of internet lore in this general area of the country.
Bug's Zedi
Posted 2014-07-25 11:03 AM (#163598 - in reply to #163597)

Puddle Jumper

BrandonM7 - 2014-07-25 10:27 AM

Bug's Zedi - 2014-07-25 9:34 AM

Yes a couple of times.

He was legendary on GA Sport Bike and Bloke's back when I rode bikes of the higher-strung variety. New people would sign up just because they had taken a trip to the gap and got their ass handed to them by the yellow Goldwing, and they were all trying to see if other people knew about him. I've never gotten to meet him, but he's a strong part of internet lore in this general area of the country.

I had the pleasure of riding with him shortly in a group of other very skilled GL1800 riders at the Spring Darkside Ride in. We bowed out after about an hour since we were still not at 100% of our game after an accident in August last year. (Thus my desire for ABS) Hope to ride with him and the others at the Fall Darkside ride in Wise VA last week of September. Nice Guy, BIG personality

Pops
Posted 2014-07-25 1:08 PM (#163600 - in reply to #163561)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Bug's Zedi - 2014-07-24 6:24 PM

...My question is limited to this. Can a stock or modified VV keep up with a Wing in the Twisties in the Mountains? given equally talented riders...

Howdy Friend,

I've logged over 100,000 miles riding all over the N. ALA, N. GA, TN, Kentuck, and Virgina roads. Have two free places to stay, one at Kodak, TN and Dahlonega, GA. Mucho saddle time in those hills.

We refer to the Dragon as "No Big Deal Gap" as there are many other roads that are pretty good too. Just not advertised as well.

My honest thoughts, since you asked, are: Running extra fast on those roads on a Goldwing or a Vision, really? I mean really?

I'd much rather be on a sport bike that's designed for ultra lean angles. Something like a KTM 690 Duke is the right tool for that area. Whatever.

That said, my Vision is one of the best two-up bikes in the curves and probably as good as my (former) BMW K1200LT. The Vision has one heck of a stock suspension system for two-up work. Better than the stock LT by a long shot.

I'm thinking the stock Vision way exceeds the Wing with stock suspension, on those roads, at sane, touring speeds.

Either way, you really need to test ride the Vision. Take my word for it. You will be VERY impressed with how well Victory did in the handling department. My lovely passenger will second that thought.

Like I've said before...

2014 Victory Vision Tour: King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four-hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good.
Nozzledog
Posted 2014-07-25 2:01 PM (#163601 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
p.s. Traxxion does make cartridges for the VV. $900, ship your forks and they fit them in. They also make a rear shock for $700.
Bug's Zedi
Posted 2014-07-25 2:35 PM (#163603 - in reply to #163600)

Puddle Jumper

Pops - 2014-07-25 1:08 PM

Bug's Zedi - 2014-07-24 6:24 PM

...My question is limited to this. Can a stock or modified VV keep up with a Wing in the Twisties in the Mountains? given equally talented riders...

Howdy Friend,

I've logged over 100,000 miles riding all over the N. ALA, N. GA, TN, Kentuck, and Virgina roads. Have two free places to stay, one at Kodak, TN and Dahlonega, GA. Mucho saddle time in those hills.

We refer to the Dragon as "No Big Deal Gap" as there are many other roads that are pretty good too. Just not advertised as well.
I understand your comment, and there are many who beleive as you do, but it is still avery nice road aside from all the commotion.  Also it is good to use as a benchmark since it has been so well advertised and many people have been through it so they know what it is like.  My second video shows us on a road I like a little better 33 in VA and WV.  more open, less crouded, big sweepers and switchbacks, and you can pretty much run it to your limits.
My honest thoughts, since you asked, are: Running extra fast on those roads on a Goldwing or a Vision, really? I mean really?

Actually, yes really.  Everyone has their own idea of fun.  Many people love the big run for this or that.  To me anything over a handful of similar riders is the equivalant of motorcycle he!!.  For me and my wife there is nothing better than running through the twisties at speed.  Like I tell people, it is like dancing at 70.  When we are in the grove we move as one through each of the curves.  There is almost nothing better that two consenting adults can do. 

I'd much rather be on a sport bike that's designed for ultra lean angles. Something like a KTM 690 Duke is the right tool for that area. Whatever.
Problem with that is it is not my bike, it is my wife's, and I am only the Chaufeur.  None of those bikes will carry two up well unless you both weigh around 100 pounds.  If it were just me, I would most likely have a C14 Connnie, but that is not my call.
That said, my Vision is one of the best two-up bikes in the curves and probably as good as my (former) BMW K1200LT. The Vision has one heck of a stock suspension system for two-up work. Better than the stock LT by a long shot.
I have been convinced by your post and others that the VV may be an alternative worth looking at.

I'm thinking the stock Vision way exceeds the Wing with stock suspension, on those roads, at sane, touring speeds.

At Sane touring speeds the comparrison I am looking for is moot since even a mediocre machine can do sane touring speeds well.  Look how many people are totally content with the HD and HD wannnabes.  Even most Wing riders think the stock suspension works well.

Either way, you really need to test ride the Vision. Take my word for it. You will be VERY impressed with how well Victory did in the handling department. My lovely passenger will second that thought.

Like I've said before...

2014 Victory Vision Tour: King of cool. Pure magic. Anticipation for the next ride. Stare at it in the garage. Turn the key on just to see the neon blue glow of the dash. Throttle past cars in overdrive. Ride four-hours for a burger. Ride slowly by reflecting store windows. Check on her one last time before bed. She even smells good.For me it is Anticipation of next ride, Leave note for daughter so she knows where to look if we do not get home, scrape off bugs from last ride and do TCLOS.  Turn key on and start,  Check tach to make sure it is still running since it is so smooooth,  Enjoy miles of hugs from my wife as we head into the mountains.  Drop two gears at the bottom of the mountain and blast by the cars hoping you get them all before running out of room. After four hours find a fast food place and gulp down a burger quickly since riding is way better than eating. Blast back through the mountains, and if coming up behind an HD, start humming the menacing song from Jaws. When necessary pull a "Murgie" or two,  Come back down into the flatlands, and mosey home at twighlight watching for those damn rats on stilts the whole way.  Park bike in garage and look amazed at how many bugs you pick up in 500 or so miles. Check one more last time to make sure you don't smell gas.   

rdbudd
Posted 2014-07-25 4:17 PM (#163605 - in reply to #163603)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Bug's Zedi - 2014-07-25 2:35 PM
For me it is Anticipation of next ride, Leave note for daughter so she knows where to look if we do not get home, scrape off bugs from last ride and do TCLOS.? Turn key on and start,? Check tach to make sure it is still running since it is so smooooth,? Enjoy miles of hugs from my wife as we head into the mountains.? Drop two gears at the bottom of the mountain and blast by the cars hoping you get them all before running out of room. After four hours find a fast food place and gulp down a burger quickly since riding is way better than eating.?Blast back through the mountains, and if coming up behind an HD,?start humming the menacing song from Jaws. When necessary pull a "Murgie" or two,? Come back down into the flatlands, and mosey home at twighlight watching for those damn rats on stilts the whole way.? Park bike in garage and look amazed at how many bugs you pick up in 500 or so miles. Check one more?last time to make sure you don't smell gas.???

We know you're describing a GL1800 (accurately), but pretty much the same can be said for the Vision.

Think of the Vision as the V-Twin Goldwing.

Which is better? It really comes down to personal preference. The GW does some things better and the Vision does other things better. Can't go wrong either way.

Go ride one. If you ride a cammed and tuned Vision, and are blasting up the mountain around a long line of cars (alongside your buddy on a GW), you'll get to pass the GW on the way up too. Yes, really.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2014-07-25 4:25 PM
Pops
Posted 2014-07-25 5:02 PM (#163607 - in reply to #163561)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Some things you may want to consider...

Sounds like we are both life long non-cruiser riders traveling two-up in the hills. I've been known to ride a little fast by-the-way. Since you are used to the Wing and the Connie, both with "standard" riding profiles, the Vision may feel foreign to you. It did to me, at first. I'm speaking from my just putting more than 100,000 miles on a BMW Boxer and LT which have the "standard" riding position. I've owned too many other bikes to count, even a Wing at one time or the other. Riding since 1970, but never owned a cruiser, until the Vision.

I was shocked to find the Vision has such good suspension. A little on the stiff side, which I dearly love. Wifey says the Vision has a rougher ride than the BMW's. The rear air shock was the biggest surprise. The adjustment range is impressive and really works well.

The Vision's suspension, seating, handling, and wind-protection, are really world class. I cannot over state this. Wifey is more comfortable on the Vision than any other bike we've ridden. That is saying a lot.

The feet forward position was just plain weird to me at first. However, the long floorboards allow me to move my feet to the rear and mimic a standard bike, somewhat, if I want to. I am still working on my new muscle memory to find the foot controls. I'm finding the feet forward position to be a real treat. Lots of room to move around and good for long hours in the saddle. That with the very narrow profile is good for fresh air around the thighs. I like it.

The big V Twin has so much centrifugal force that you can immediately lift your feet once moving and the bike stands up by itself. VERY different than the standard bikes. You have to be careful not to let your foot get caught under the rear tip overs. You do not want to ride slow in a parking lot with your feet spread eagle. The bike is so well balanced, that you don't need to spread your feet anyway.

The linked brakes are different to me. The rear petal does all of your stopping under 35 mph. The rear petal does 100% of the rear and about 30% of the front calipers. So when you come to a stop, you use just the rear petal and only place your left foot down. Very different riding style to me.

The Vision turns quickly and handles really fast, which was a surprise. Reminds me a lot of the BMW LT. The tires are great. High speed straight line running is very good.

The motor vibration may be your biggest change. Over 3000 rpm (80 mph in 6th), the motor has some good vibrations compared to the Wing. I really like the motor's character, but I'm sure a lot of Wing riders are sold on their electric motor feeling of the Honda. Apples and oranges.

I'm sure you will scrape the floor boards on the Vision. I brake early and throttle out of the turns to lift the rear and it does make a difference. Had to to the same on the BMW LT when two-up.

Ease of maintenance or I should say lack of maintenance is the Victory's strongest trump card. At least in my book.

Just sharing some of my personal experiences. Only a good demo ride will bring the differences to light based on your own experience and demands.

varyder
Posted 2014-07-25 5:15 PM (#163608 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
The three things that burns me about the gold wing, literally, is the foot position, the alternate foot position on riding pegs, and the seat. All of which makes for very frequent stops to rest and stretch. The Vision provides the best all around comfort for long distance riding, never needing a rest stop, but have to to fuel up.
donetracey
Posted 2014-07-26 1:36 AM (#163614 - in reply to #163561)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Yadda, yadda, yadda.

My 110hp VV will whoop (in the REAL world) any goddamned vehicle that messes with me - don't care how many wheels it has.

AND it's comfortable - AND for a 70 year old fart - it is the BEST BIKE I EVER OWNED in the last 56 years.

NONE of my WING pals could keep up with ANY of the bikes I have owned since the WING was first offered for sale - NONE !!!

I have driven them - and many others that promised 'this and that' - and NONE match the VISION.

Had a GREAT ride today with my Co-Pilot and as always - "thank the caring people of Victory for giving me such enjoyment at my age! "

Yah - I know - yabbada yabbada yabbada bullshit .... but sorry folks - I can't deny the TRUTH !!!
willtill
Posted 2014-07-26 7:26 AM (#163620 - in reply to #163614)

Visionary

Central Maryland

donetracey - 2014-07-26 2:36 AM

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

My 110hp VV will whoop (in the REAL world) any goddamned vehicle that messes with me - don't care how many wheels it has.

AND it's comfortable - AND for a 70 year old fart - it is the BEST BIKE I EVER OWNED in the last 56 years.

NONE of my WING pals could keep up with ANY of the bikes I have owned since the WING was first offered for sale - NONE !!!

I have driven them - and many others that promised 'this and that' - and NONE match the VISION.

Had a GREAT ride today with my Co-Pilot and as always - "thank the caring people of Victory for giving me such enjoyment at my age! "

Yah - I know - yabbada yabbada yabbada bullshit .... but sorry folks - I can't deny the TRUTH !!!

Not so quick, you vodka martini swizzling Canuck. My Rocket III will kick your Vision's ass AND eat it's lunch.

240hp/186ftlbs torque (Carpentter Racing Gorilla package installed)

Edited by willtill 2014-07-26 7:30 AM
jeffmack
Posted 2014-07-26 11:09 AM (#163627 - in reply to #163561)

Iron Butt

I had a rocket. Good luck making that thing turn. : )
But that's a sweet set up. In a drag it be a blood bath. In the twisties it would be as we, in the other direction

Edited by jeffmack 2014-07-26 11:11 AM
willtill
Posted 2014-07-26 4:42 PM (#163630 - in reply to #163627)

Visionary

Central Maryland

jeffmack - 2014-07-26 12:09 PM

I had a rocfket. Good luck making that thing turn. : )
But that's a sweet set up. In a drag it be a blood bath. In the twisties it would be as we, in the other direction

You may have overlooked the Thunderbike T-bars that I installed. I can push my Rocket into a turn, with less effort than the Classic stock bars.

The T-bars offer a slightly forward upper torso position on the Rocket III.

I've amazed myself at how nimble my Rocket has become.

Edited by willtill 2014-07-26 4:46 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™