You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Solid but sad points about the direction of Victory
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Boots
Posted 2014-08-11 9:32 AM (#164139)
Subject: Solid but sad points about the direction of Victory

Tourer

New Mexico
http://www.themotorcycleobsession.com/2014/08/woe-to-victory-unlove...

Hope this guy is wrong...

I like all of Victory's line-up, but when you look at them side-by-side, there is not a lot of differences between several 'models'.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Oldman47
Posted 2014-08-11 12:24 PM (#164145 - in reply to #164139)
Subject: Re: Solid but sad points about the direction of Victory

Tourer

Central Illinois
I sure hope you take what he said with a grain of salt. The year is not over and we have been promised great things by Menneto for Victory this year. I simply can't believe he meant new paint colors and several dropped models, so we are still waiting to see what it is. Polaris really doesn't care much about motorcycles in general. They make far more of their profit from things like off road vehicles so why should they care about bikes, their bastard stepchild. On the other hand if they want to profit on bikes they can't just keep doing what they have been for several years, they need something new to brag about. They expanded a 3 bike line into 4 bikes. So what? Victory still has far more models than that in the line and I am waiting to see what is new.
rdbudd
Posted 2014-08-11 2:45 PM (#164148 - in reply to #164139)
Subject: RE: Solid but sad points about the direction of Victory

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Geez!!!!

I've been riding Victory motorcycles for over 14 years now.

For nearly 15 years now, some self proclaimed "expert" has always been lamenting the eminent demise of the Victory brand.

Whatever.

Ronnie
huts'putt
Posted 2014-08-11 3:34 PM (#164149 - in reply to #164148)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
I may be nit picking here, but the author also stated that the Cross Country Tour was dropped. That's funny, cause on Victory's website, low and behold, a 2015 Cross Country Tour.
Banjo
Posted 2014-08-11 4:36 PM (#164150 - in reply to #164139)

Tourer

I was disappointed that Victory went from 15 models to just 9.There probably will me a new model next spring..Thats when they introduced the Gunner as an early 2015 model.
IndyVision
Posted 2014-08-11 5:42 PM (#164155 - in reply to #164139)

Tourer

The author was also wrong, the hammer wasn't dropped and the cross country isn't the only 8 ball model. I agree with several observations and overall point, but dang, get your models right
Boots
Posted 2014-08-11 6:36 PM (#164157 - in reply to #164155)

Tourer

New Mexico
IndyVision - 2014-08-11 4:42 PM

The author was also wrong, the hammer wasn't dropped and the cross country isn't the only 8 ball model. I agree with several observations and overall point, but dang, get your models right

Yes, I noticed the discrepancies. But I saw as you did; the overall point was made. To quote Shawshank, Victory better 'Get busy living, or get busy dying.'
Perhaps the 5 years from idea to showroom is in progress - I hope so. It is seriously such a fantastic bike.

Honda may be better in some areas, BMW in others, but for an overall great ride nothing comes close to my Vision.
willtill
Posted 2014-08-11 6:52 PM (#164158 - in reply to #164157)

Visionary

Central Maryland

Boots - 2014-08-11 7:36 PM

IndyVision - 2014-08-11 4:42 PM

Yes, I noticed the discrepancies. But I saw as you did; the overall point was made. To quote Shawshank, Victory better 'Get busy living, or get busy dying.'
Perhaps the 5 years from idea to showroom is in progress - I hope so. It is seriously such a fantastic bike.

Honda may be better in some areas, BMW in others, but for an overall great ride nothing comes close to my Vision.

Concur

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™