You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

WIND DEFLECTOR HARDWARE
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

icemann
Posted 2015-04-27 10:42 PM (#172153)
Subject: WIND DEFLECTOR HARDWARE

Cruiser

, OH
I cant believe after 8 years of visions, NO ONE has made lower wind deflector hardware that COULD work. With as many machinist, and FRIENDS out there, someone HAS to be able to copy these. If I could just get my hands on ONE I could have it done.

ANY BODY???????????????????
Top of the page Bottom of the page
okie vision
Posted 2015-04-28 7:25 PM (#172167 - in reply to #172153)
Subject: Re: WIND DEFLECTOR HARDWARE

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
With everything else you've come up with, we're waiting for YOU to do it!!
diamonbird
Posted 2015-04-29 6:32 AM (#172170 - in reply to #172153)

Cruiser

Mechanicsville, VA United States
I'd like to see a motor control unit like the windshield motor that moves the deflectors in and out by way of a push button......and I know it could be done
and I know there's room for the motors in behind the front side covers.
icemann
Posted 2015-04-29 7:41 AM (#172171 - in reply to #172153)

Cruiser

, OH
I thought of that. The pushrod length for the piston and actuator is too long behind the side panel I tired. I found one damaged left side panel on ebay but the guy wants $65 just for the hinge. smh/.
Bodacious
Posted 2015-04-29 12:44 PM (#172174 - in reply to #172167)

Cruiser

Wichita, KS
okie vision - 2015-04-28 7:25 PM

Great point brutha man! YEah what he said!
BigfootNRMC
Posted 2015-06-28 6:04 PM (#173054 - in reply to #172153)

Cruiser

Yes I want the aftermarket color-matched lowers, but I'm sure not gonna buy the victory brand just to acquire the bracket hardware. Keep me in mind if you design some icemann.
rdbudd
Posted 2015-06-28 6:16 PM (#173059 - in reply to #173054)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
BigfootNRMC - 2015-06-28 6:04 PM

Yes I want the aftermarket color-matched lowers, but I'm sure not gonna buy the victory brand just to acquire the bracket hardware. Keep me in mind if you design some icemann.

The maker of the aftermarket color-matched lowers was asked several times if he could also supply the hinge hardware, and his reply has always been that they have compound curves and his cost to manufacture them would be in excess of what Victory charges.

Ask him yourself and see what he says.

Ronnie
jimtom
Posted 2015-06-29 11:17 AM (#173068 - in reply to #172170)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
diamonbird - 2015-04-29 6:32 AM

I'd like to see a motor control unit like the windshield motor that moves the deflectors in and out by way of a push button......and I know it could be done
and I know there's room for the motors in behind the front side covers.

agreed. I would like a motorized system with limit switches so I don't kick them out too far and put undue stress on anything.
Vladezip
Posted 2015-07-04 12:09 AM (#173193 - in reply to #172153)

Glendale, AZ United States
Cycleops having a fourth of July sale plus a 10% discount for members. From what I have heard the brackets are too expensive to make to make it worthwhile. This is just what I heard.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2015-07-29 1:40 PM (#173959 - in reply to #173193)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida
For those who don't realize it the stock OEM mounting hardware is made for Victory in Taiwan by Kuryakyn. If you really look at the hinges you'll see there are cost complications to making them with the very fine welding of the carriers and other details. One other problem is that you have an upper left lower left, and an upper right and lower right base with different angles to match the fairing contours. This would require for separate machined parts or four separate castings, which with all the fixturing and other costs and blows it out of proportion. By the time all is said and done and you try and manufacture them here in the United States the hinges alone would cost more than buying the entire kit from Victory. For those that are interested I have sources for the kids for 20% off of retail and free shipping, so just get in touch with me and I'll be happy to steer you in the right direction. That will save most about $65-$75 off of retail.
Now to take the costs a step further, you take the cheap clear plastic panels that come with them and you sell them in the forums on or on eBay for $50 each to somebody looking for just a replacement to a broken plastic panel. Then that puts your cost of the kit at only $100. Far less than they could be made for here, or even cheaper than in Taiwan I assume.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™