You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Warranty Busters
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

j.wales
Posted 2015-06-24 5:10 AM (#172925)
Subject: Warranty Busters

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
Since my VV is now two weeks into the warranty, what modifications would void it ? Lloyds timing wheel ? Better air filtration ? Fuel management voodoo ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-06-24 5:35 AM (#172926 - in reply to #172925)
Subject: Re: Warranty Busters

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
well it all depends on the relationship you have with your dealer.. your dealer could try and void your warranty with all of that.. even though the air filter and fuel management would hurt you unless you had no idea what you were going with it and made your bike run very lean..
ljurgens
Posted 2015-06-24 6:56 AM (#172929 - in reply to #172925)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

Welcome to Victory, your going to love that Vision! Don't be surprised when getting gas takes you longer than ever due to strangers wanting to ask about your ride.

For those performance mods you speak of, down in the southeast find either Kyle Crandall or take a road trip down to Kevin Cross at Southern Motorworx and have one of them add the PC5, timing wheel and air filter and then dyno it. You'll love it, can't wait to get it done to mine!

I think I've seen you on the Victory FB forums as well, Kevin is active there, and he has a FB page

Edited by ljurgens 2015-06-24 7:04 AM
j.wales
Posted 2015-06-24 7:45 AM (#172932 - in reply to #172929)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
I stay off FB, and thanks. I was used to explaining my bike since I bought the 2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic because at 2300 cc, she was quite the show stopper. I tell folks that I just stopped for fuel and to take a leak, I am not seeking their friendship.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-06-24 5:39 PM (#172946 - in reply to #172925)

Visionary

Polaris does not cover the 5 year warranty its another company. They will not cover your bike with performance mods.
So hide them or take them off
rdbudd
Posted 2015-06-25 11:09 AM (#172967 - in reply to #172925)
Subject: RE: Warranty Busters

Visionary

Jasper, MO
My bike has a few performance mods, runs very well, and looks and sounds completely stock. There is nothing to see or hear that suggests that it is anything but stock--until I open her up and leave the Goldwings behind. Reliability is the same as stock.

The aftermarket warranty isn't much good anyway, and the factory warranty only lasts a year.

Do it. Don't worry about it.

Ronnie
j.wales
Posted 2015-06-25 7:49 PM (#172986 - in reply to #172925)

Cruiser

Asheville, NC
Thanks. I know Lloyd was at the dealership I bought at the week before my purchase. Are you running the Lloyds timing wheel ?

Edited by j.wales 2015-06-25 7:52 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2015-06-26 10:57 AM (#172999 - in reply to #172986)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
j.wales - 2015-06-25 7:49 PM

Thanks. I know Lloyd was at the dealership I bought at the week before my purchase. Are you running the Lloyds timing wheel ?

No, it wasn't on the market yet when I did my mods, and I have the performance I was after without it. Namely, to equal the Goldwing's performance. As it turns out, I got more than that, with just three components, and an ECU reprogram.

I'm running Lloydz top filter, Lloydz VFCIII, and Lloydz original VM1 cams in my 2008 Vision. After those changes, I had Lloydz reprogram the ECU. Stock exhaust, and stock front filter. It is quicker, faster, has stronger roll-ons, and gets better gas mileage than the GL1800 Goldwings I ride with. The 110 Harleys in our group are no competition for either the Goldwings or my Vision. Among the assortment of Harleys, Kawasaki, and Goldwings I ride with, my Vision is the fastest bike.

Ronnie
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-06-26 11:53 AM (#173002 - in reply to #172925)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Oh one thing I could add is, read the warranty closely. I say that cause back in 2011 when I still had my 08 vision, my rear rotor failed due to the floating parts of the rotor failed/ worn out. I wasted my time and the time of the dealer trying to her the extended warranty to cover it. Had I actually read the fine print , I would have seen those parts are not covered... also. Here was something else I remember hearing about when I bought my 08 vision... document your oil changes if you do them yourself... that's also covered in the fine print.. receipts, date, mileage etc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™