You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Pittsburgh Victory sale items
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

taz456
Posted 2015-07-21 7:07 AM (#173576)
Subject: Pittsburgh Victory sale items

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I HD owner friend of mine informed me that Gatto's in Tarentum, PA was closing out all their Victory merchandise so I stopped in yesterday. All Victory items 50% off. THey had hats, t-shirts, jackets, helmets, mechanic shirts, sweatshirts and some ladies apparel.

Just thought that I would post it for anyone looking. While checking out, the girl waiting on me commented that Victory just didn't do that well at their location. She got all pissed off when I told her that was because anyone that went there looking at Victory was made to feel like a second class citizen for not wanting HD and that the service department was terrible at getting non-HD bikes scheduled. She claimed that she didn't know what I was talking about. I then explained how 3 years ago I called about getting a new rear tire for the Vision and the service department told me that they would sell me the tire but not install it. When I inquired why that was, the service manager told me that they didn't have time to remove the saddle bags and all that stuff needed to change the rear tire on a vision.

I never even thought about going there after that but saving 50% off on a few shirts worked out good for me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ljurgens
Posted 2015-07-21 7:15 AM (#173577 - in reply to #173576)
Subject: Re: Pittsburgh Victory sale items

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Just no way an HD dealer could sell Victory bikes side by side. Maybe at different locations, but not side by side. I'm surprised HD even allows that!
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-21 7:16 AM (#173578 - in reply to #173576)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
thanks for the heads up ! did you happen to notice did they have any accessories on sale.. i have had a bug up my butt for some floorboards...
Fastfred
Posted 2015-07-21 2:33 PM (#173586 - in reply to #173577)

Cruiser

mansfield, MA United States
ljurgens - 2015-07-21 7:15 AM

Just no way an HD dealer could sell Victory bikes side by side. Maybe at different locations, but not side by side. I'm surprised HD even allows that!
why not I have seen lots of them. Heres on in the same state http://www.baersportcenterinc.com/aboutus.htm
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-21 3:35 PM (#173588 - in reply to #173576)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
The HD dealer down the road from me made that shop stop selling Honda's ...
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-21 5:22 PM (#173593 - in reply to #173576)

Visionary

take the saddlebags off HA HA HA
taz456
Posted 2015-07-22 5:05 AM (#173653 - in reply to #173576)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
I did not see any accessories. But I was not looking either. I have to go by the place this after noon and will stop and see.

This dealer is one of the biggest HD dealer in the burgh and the sell different brands and bicycles as well. they have a number of facilities. and HD has there own store front with nothing but. All other brands are sold on a floor of another building.

So I here a few years ago that this dealer is picking up the Victory line up. My inspection is due at the end of June and this place is 5 minutes from my house. So I called to set up an appointment and they tell me that they won't be able to help me since the Victory training had not yet been done. They could do the inspection but no other work. So I take the bikes to a different shop an hour and half away that year. Later that year in October, I start looking for a new rear tire and that is when I get told about the saddlebag removal. This was 4 months after they officially picked up the brand and supposedly sent mechanics to Victory Tech School. Like I said, after that I would drive past the place and wouldn't even look in the windows.
jimtom
Posted 2015-07-22 6:17 AM (#173656 - in reply to #173653)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
taz456 - 2015-07-22 5:05 AM

I did not see any accessories. But I was not looking either. I have to go by the place this after noon and will stop and see.

This dealer is one of the biggest HD dealer in the burgh and the sell different brands and bicycles as well. they have a number of facilities. and HD has there own store front with nothing but. All other brands are sold on a floor of another building.

So I here a few years ago that this dealer is picking up the Victory line up. My inspection is due at the end of June and this place is 5 minutes from my house. So I called to set up an appointment and they tell me that they won't be able to help me since the Victory training had not yet been done. They could do the inspection but no other work. So I take the bikes to a different shop an hour and half away that year. Later that year in October, I start looking for a new rear tire and that is when I get told about the saddlebag removal. This was 4 months after they officially picked up the brand and supposedly sent mechanics to Victory Tech School. Like I said, after that I would drive past the place and wouldn't even look in the windows.

unbelievable! Remove the saddlebags LOL! I think that is the hardest thing, is to find a dealer service mgr/ tech worth his salt. Good thing Victory's don't break much.
V92SC
Posted 2015-07-22 4:17 PM (#173661 - in reply to #173576)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Jimtom I really feel blessed becuase down my way in Houma, La. Performance Powersports has some of the best technitions for multiple models including Victory. I have nothing but praise for their techs which is why if and when I buy again it will be from them. Their service techs should get the commission on the sale because tbeir work is what will make the sale possible. Yes I do agree Vics don't break much and my experience with their techs has been small stuff over several years, but there are Vic techs worth their salt and then some.IJS.
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-22 5:52 PM (#173662 - in reply to #173588)

Visionary

Arkainzeye - 2015-07-21 3:35 PM The HD dealer down the road from me made that shop stop selling Honda's ...

Find that hard to believe. No dealer has that much power.

I have a Vic dealer 75 yards away from a Harley dealer. Two blocks down the street is a BMW dealer 

Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-22 7:04 PM (#173666 - in reply to #173576)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hey .. its a dealer in Pittsburgh.. i learned Not to expect to much from them...
taz456
Posted 2015-07-23 8:44 AM (#173670 - in reply to #173576)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
So I stopped yesterday and spoke to one of the brothers that own the place, Mark. He was a real down to earth guy. He has some accessories and he has a master list of those. He stated that he was trying to sell it as a lot to another Victory dealer. If you know what you are looking for, you can call and ask for him to see if he has what you are looking for but he would rather sell it as a lot. He claimed(and I have no reason to think that he is not telling the truth here) that Polaris is just real hard to deal with. Being forced to buy so many units knowing that you are going to have to take a loss on some of the pieces is not a good way to run a business. He did defend his mechanics as top notch and most have been at the dealer for a long time. I told him about my story about the bags and he honestly looked disturbed by that story. Blamed it on the mid level management and stated that he had just hired a new person that has service manager background from an automotive dealer hoping to improve this area. He went on to state that his family also is involved in another HD dealer in the area and they spent alot of money on consultants and building permits because they had hoped to open another dealer for a joint Indain and Victory location but that polaris just made it impossible to work. I do believe that there has to be some truth to what he is saying because he is the forth dealer to have had a Victory Dealer in the Pittsburgh area only to have it fail. This place has been a HD dealer for ever and has sold other brands for awhile. If anybody should have been able to make it work, It should have been the Gatto's.

I love these bikes and they are awesome but the dealer network is holding the company back, at least in the Pittsburgh Area.

Edited by taz456 2015-07-23 8:46 AM
SteveS
Posted 2015-07-23 9:07 AM (#173671 - in reply to #173670)

Cruiser

Danbury, Connecticut
taz456 - 2015-07-23 8:44 AM

So I stopped yesterday and spoke to one of the brothers that own the place, Mark. He was a real down to earth guy. He has some accessories and he has a master list of those. He stated that he was trying to sell it as a lot to another Victory dealer. If you know what you are looking for, you can call and ask for him to see if he has what you are looking for but he would rather sell it as a lot. He claimed(and I have no reason to think that he is not telling the truth here) that Polaris is just real hard to deal with. Being forced to buy so many units knowing that you are going to have to take a loss on some of the pieces is not a good way to run a business. He did defend his mechanics as top notch and most have been at the dealer for a long time. I told him about my story about the bags and he honestly looked disturbed by that story. Blamed it on the mid level management and stated that he had just hired a new person that has service manager background from an automotive dealer hoping to improve this area. He went on to state that his family also is involved in another HD dealer in the area and they spent alot of money on consultants and building permits because they had hoped to open another dealer for a joint Indain and Victory location but that polaris just made it impossible to work. I do believe that there has to be some truth to what he is saying because he is the forth dealer to have had a Victory Dealer in the Pittsburgh area only to have it fail. This place has been a HD dealer for ever and has sold other brands for awhile. If anybody should have been able to make it work, It should have been the Gatto's.

I love these bikes and they are awesome but the dealer network is holding the company back, at least in the Pittsburgh Area.

I bought my anniversary Vision from a gent in the Pburgh area five years ago, with 900 miles on it. He decided he was too old for two wheels and ordered a HD trike from Gattos. He and I agreed to a price and Gatto's took care of all the paperwork. I wandered around while waiting and overall I thought they were an excellent dealership from that limited experience. I think at that time they were just about to bring in Victory. Sometimes one person saying the wrong thing can give the impression the dealer is bad. Contrarily, a good BS'er can give you the impression a bad dealer is good too. The age of the internet helps with all the reviews available-take out a few of the highest and lowest scores is usually a pretty good indicator of what to expect.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2015-07-23 11:01 AM (#173673 - in reply to #173576)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Hey taz, I know of 2 other victory shops that stopped sell victory for the same reason you said.. but .. I can't blame victory for doing that. . They are trying to compete against a giant.. and what's one of the biggest perks about owning a HD.. accessories and alot of them being instock.. this was one of many reasons why I got away from kawasaki ..
johnnyvision
Posted 2015-07-23 5:44 PM (#173681 - in reply to #173576)

Visionary

I have a friend in FL. that sells high end custom bikes and bought into the Victory line. 6 months later he kicked them out. He said they promised thing and never fulfilled them and they would send him bikes with out even telling him there were coming. He is suing them for not owning there contract.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™