You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Exhaust upgrade
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

leester
Posted 2016-09-19 9:54 AM (#188956)
Subject: Exhaust upgrade

Puddle Jumper

New user

See at least 56 people that looked at my previous message regarding exhaust upgrade, but no responses. Is this do to the fact that this subject is somewhere else in the site or is it that it has been beaten to death. Anyway since my posting I have researched a bit and have educated myself somewhat. For what is referred to as a stage one upgrade this is what I have found so far.

1) Buy pipes from someone that has been developing them for years (My case I think I'm headed to Bassanni). I have found that a two into one setup will produce the very best performance for our v twins, however for me they are not loud enough. So Bassanni pro street turnouts, or their slash cut series.

2) I understand that Bassanni as well as others out there have a flash for your bikes computer that will dial your computer spot on to the pipes they sell you. I am still waiting for a little more info. on this. In California can only be installed on race bikes, not street licensed. You have to sign a waiver to get them. So these would be a true flash not a (in my case a California C.A.R.B. flash) again I am waiting for a little more info on this one.

3) Also at the same time you install your pipes make sure you upgrade the air box/air filter so the flash you get for the pipes will also cover this air intake upgrade. Remember you just opened up the exhaust exit form the motor, now you need to get the air intake equal so to speak. These companies spend 10 of thousands of dollars dyno testing their products on the specific bikes and scenario's to get you spot on.

4) If you chose to, which is highly recommended (which will take you into a stage two modification) is to buy an auto tuner, also know by other names like a power commander, they go by several different names. This further tweaks air fuel mixture to bring you to a pretty much spot on ending.

I have watched Victorys comparison video of different after market exhaust they sell, and the sounds you get out of them, Bassanni even builds a version for them. I have also found that Victories flash for the pipes they offer will end up being, in my case since I live in California a California flash, which is going to still be within the C.A.R.B.parameters, which ends up in a lean mixer to meet this certification. Victory can't take a chance and break this California law. The exhaust on a stock Calif. Victory is set up lean to begin with to keep within the C.A.R.B law.

As I stated I am waiting on a little more info. regarding the pipe mfg. supplying a flash to meet each change or combination there of. I am sure at least for myself if I could not do the flash myself I would have to get an outside shop other than Victory to do my flash since again I live in the Golden State and Victory will as expected cover their ass here.
************************************************************************************
I have a one year warranty on my bike, exhaust modification other than what Victory offers will void that warranty.
************************************************************************************
To the real knowledgeable folks out there, please jump in with you comments if I have miss spoke on this subject somewhere
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lotzafun
Posted 2016-09-19 4:52 PM (#188957 - in reply to #188956)
Subject: Re: Exhaust upgrade

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
To the best of my knowledge Bassanni doesn't make any exhausts for a Vision. So I can't help you on that part of your post.

However I can help a bit on the "Victory voiding warranty" concern. A manufacturer can NOT void a warranty due to a modification. They can somewhat partially void a specific part of a warranty. Meaning if you replace exhaust and a exhaust gasket develops a leak they can take a position of not covering the gasket under warranty. But if you replace exhaust and there is some type of problem with the motor afterwards they can not void the motor warranty unless they can somehow actually prove that the exhaust modification actually damaged something in the motor. Or in other words they can not just use a "blanket" denial. Do some google about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and educate yourself on some of the basic info in it so that you are bullied by a dealer in the future. Actually most dealers and manufacturers are pretty aware of the act and they are pretty good about being smart enough not to screw with people as much as they use too.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-19 5:21 PM (#188958 - in reply to #188956)

Visionary

leester

where do you live what state. You need to put that in your signature along with make and year. It will help all of us
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-19 5:23 PM (#188959 - in reply to #188956)

Visionary

never heard of Bassani doing any kind of ECM tune
leester
Posted 2016-09-19 8:21 PM (#188964 - in reply to #188958)

Puddle Jumper

Visionary, still fumbling around with the forum, I found edit for one of my posts one time and I just can't seem to find it again. Well anyway I have a 2016 Vegas, just came off a 1992 Harley Electra Glide with a 114 CI engine. The Victory I am finding out is unlike any bike I have owned in the past. I do like it but the exhaust has got to go.
I am hoping that I can find a company that builds an exhaust system that also comes with a flash that matches the change that they will make to your bike, including an air box/filter. I might be dreaming. I got this in my head from watching a Victory dealers video (The difference between Victory Custom Exhaust Pipes) which showed a comparison of Victory brand aftermartket pipes (sold by Victory). Shows 5 Vegas bikes , one stock, next a little better sounding and finally in the end some Bassanni turn outs. . The guy mentions that on the first couple of Victory aftermarket pipes, which includes air delivery system, (stage one systems) they have a preflash already made up for this change. I live in Calif and I understand that even a new flash to your bike will end up in a Calif flash, lean and not very spot on. Last couple pipes in the video the guy suggests you take in for Dyno tunning to get computer remapped. I was thinking since the aftermarket companies spend 100's of thousands of dollars to build a pipe for a specific bike like my stock 106 they would have a download made and ready to go for a stage 1 add on using a particular pipe of theirs.
Bassanni told me they hooked up with a company called Dobeck which makes a tuner that matches a particular pipe and that they will sell it and the pipes to u. I have an email out to Dobeck to see if they also provide a complete stage one system, which would be the flash too, or at least tell me what air system to buy and the correct flash to use. They have been around a long time so would think they have a matching system they can advise on.
V92SC
Posted 2016-09-21 7:02 AM (#188992 - in reply to #188956)

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
My take on this would be to pull the ecm send it to Lloyds Motorwerkz in Pine Bluff NY and for $200.00 have him do his manic. Lloyd will give you everything you need plus with this service. Second I'd get his VFC3 fuel controller, no need for a dyno to tine. Lastly RPW Big Sweep pipe and his air filter. Get everything from him and the upgrade will exceed your expectations guaranteed. JMHP.
leester
Posted 2016-09-21 9:50 AM (#188997 - in reply to #188956)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks everyone for your input on this matter, now time to think then act, thanks again.
leester
Posted 2016-09-21 9:50 AM (#188998 - in reply to #188956)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks everyone for your input on this matter, now time to think then act, thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™