You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin replacement
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

biddysere
Posted 2019-03-23 12:05 PM (#192797)
Subject: Garmin replacement

Puddle Jumper

The garmin pilot on my '09 will not update and I hear there is no cure.
Is there another GPS that will fit the factory mount or will I have to get a completely new set-up?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bones
Posted 2019-04-05 7:15 PM (#192800 - in reply to #192797)
Subject: Re: Garmin replacement

Puddle Jumper

Rossville, IL
This place is pretty dead anymore, this was always one of my favorite forums on Visions!

I had the old brick style 2730 on my '09 and it was a really good unit. About 5 years ago, the screen got so dim you could barely see it. I sent it back and they sent me a refurbished unit. Used it another year and the display on it went dim again. When I called to see if i could get it fixed they said no, but gave me a couple hundred dollars off a new 595LM if I sent them back the 2730.

It didn't fit the bracket on the console, so I made an aluminum adapter/extension plate to screw on to the old bracket to move the mounting holes up a bit. Worked out great mounting it. Had to do a bit of rewiring to make it work, but overall was very happy with it. Only two complaints I have is it's easy for someone to steal now as it doesn't have the nifty tab with the locking screw and the screen isn't quite as bright on a sunny day as the old brick. Do like the bluetooth connectivity where I can pair it with my iPhone and run it through the Aux on the radio.

One thing I also really miss is I had downloaded the Vision Riders Logo and put it on my 2730 splash screen. It was really neat seeing it power up with the logo, especially at night at the bike shows! The 595LM won't do that, or at least that I've been able to figure out anyway.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™