You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Kewlmetal engine covers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

cw1115
Posted 2009-08-20 2:29 PM (#42067)
Subject: Kewlmetal engine covers

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
They just came today. They don't look like what I was expecting, but I am very pleased with them . I had a real bear getting the tiny screws in the right side with out removing the brake, but it still only took 15 minutes total. I think the challenge is going to be cleaning around the inlay.

Edited by cw1115 2009-08-20 2:35 PM

(LS cover.jpg)

(RS-cover (Medium).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments LS cover.jpg (58KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments RS-cover (Medium).jpg (47KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2009-08-20 3:01 PM (#42068 - in reply to #42067)
Subject: Re: Kewlmetal engine covers

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
NICE! Where u get 'em from. I'm looking for some military ones...
Bubba
Posted 2009-08-20 3:10 PM (#42069 - in reply to #42067)

Cruiser

They look great!!! You can get them directly from Kewlmetal.
cw1115
Posted 2009-08-20 3:14 PM (#42071 - in reply to #42067)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/index.php
They have a POW-MIA. Somebody on the site has them. Sorry I can't remember who, but that's how I first saw them. They might make anything you want. They normally come with black powdercoat background and chrome inlay. I requested red and they were more than happy to do it for an additional $20. I was expecting a red background with chrome maltese. Suprised when I opened the box today, but I like them.
Uh oh! I just saw the Victory Chese wedge with flames. Time to save another $300.
http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_44&products...

Edited by cw1115 2009-08-20 3:17 PM
Bubba
Posted 2009-08-20 3:42 PM (#42073 - in reply to #42067)

Cruiser

Michael, just my 2 cents but I think the red over chrome looks fantastic!!!! Better than if it were the other way around.
cw1115
Posted 2009-08-20 5:39 PM (#42077 - in reply to #42073)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks Frank, I think this is a better look too.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-05 8:36 PM (#52746 - in reply to #42067)
Subject: RE: Kewlmetal engine covers

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

If you guys want military covers, we'll be offering them very soon. They'll be engraved and chromed or black anodized and contrast cut engraved. Candy blue or red inlays will be an option, as will solid colors as well. They will be solid, one piece parts made of 6061-T6 aircraft billet and all designs CNC milled and deeply?CNC engraved.

Here's a 3D CAd rendition of them, and then an example of our wedges with the same engravings as they'll be offered on the clutch and cam covers.

Polished billet with Black anodizing and contrast cut engavings (can be color inlaid)

?

Polished Billet?(cannot be color inlaid due to occasional required polishing).??

polishedUSMCwedge007copy.jpg picture by cycleopsusa

A custom engaving?in Triple Show Chrome (with?Candy Apple Blue?inlay)

3D versions will also be coming...

?

af goalie
Posted 2010-02-06 7:57 AM (#52755 - in reply to #42067)
Subject: RE: Kewlmetal engine covers

Cruiser

Rapid City, SD
cw1115 - 2009-08-20 2:29 PM

They just came today. They don't look like what I was expecting, but I am very pleased with them . I had a real bear getting the tiny screws in the right side with out removing the brake, but it still only took 15 minutes total. I think the challenge is going to be cleaning around the inlay.

Those are hot... Very nice.
KansasGuardsman
Posted 2010-02-14 11:24 AM (#53246 - in reply to #42067)

Cruiser

Wichita, Kansas
Really nice, esp the cheese wedges. Make Army and I'll take a set.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-14 3:43 PM (#53263 - in reply to #53246)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

Chuck, if you want them, we have them. I just don't have a picture of one finished. Here's the engraving art ready to go. I'm just now doing another production run on them and can get them to you pretty soon if you want them.THey're availabe on my website and you have a few finish options... polished billet, triple show chrome, or polished black anodizing with contrast cut engraving. PM me for the discount code to get the member discount.

GeekVisionRider
Posted 2010-02-14 4:51 PM (#53267 - in reply to #53263)

Cruiser

Fredonia, WI United States
Air Force? Might go great with my F117 Stealth mod.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-14 5:16 PM (#53268 - in reply to #53267)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

You mean like this????

And before anyone else asks, yes, we have all branches... Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard too.

Whatever theme you want, we probably have it in our stock styles, and if not, your imagination is the only limit to our custom engraving capabilities. To see all our stock styles and many of our custom wedges go to http://www.cycleopsusa.com/custombillet.html#cw

GeekVisionRider
Posted 2010-02-14 5:50 PM (#53269 - in reply to #53268)

Cruiser

Fredonia, WI United States
Beautiful.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-14 8:36 PM (#53273 - in reply to #53269)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

GeekVisionRider - 2010-02-14 6:50 PM Beautiful.

Thank you for saying so Rick. This pic isn't the greatest, but the detail is fantastic.

And while giving thanks to one osldier, I also want to extend a special thanks to all of you guys and gals who serve and sacrifice so much for all of us us. To all active and retired service men and women, please let me know you're military when ordering one of our military series wedge sets, and when doing so also state your T-shirt size and if you prefer long sleeves with graphics or regular short sleeves. As my personal thanks and show of appreciation I'll include one of our black heavyweight double sided logo shirts for you. If you prefer hats, just let me know and instead you're welcome to a choice of one of our black flex-fit low profile logo ball caps or our  cool new woven black logo tobaggan hats.

Bubba
Posted 2010-02-15 5:34 AM (#53283 - in reply to #42067)

Cruiser

Hey Will, Start your own thread. Last I looked it say Kewl Metal.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-15 9:35 AM (#53299 - in reply to #53283)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

This isn't the VMC and you're not the post police, so if I can give people options they don't know about, I will. It's apparently not a problem with the few guys interested in placing orders off this thread.

You can go back to your own side cover thread now, you know, the one that's not labelled 'KewlMetal'.

And to go a step further, I'm a KewlMetal dealer and give 10% off on their parts too to members here just like I do on mine.

Edited by CycleOps USA 2010-02-15 9:45 AM
Bubba
Posted 2010-02-15 1:41 PM (#53310 - in reply to #42067)

Cruiser

Will, not knocking your stuff because I think it's very good. It does show bad taste when you are posting in forum titled for another vendor.
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-15 2:01 PM (#53312 - in reply to #53310)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

Frank, with all due respect, this wasn't a Kewlmetal thread, it's someone showing a Kewlmetal part they bought from them. If it was a thread by Joe as a vendor, that's where I would have to agree with you, but that's not something you'll ever see and that you know. As this was not a vendor thread, I saw the question regarding the military pieces and answered it with what I could offer him along those lines. Therefore, there was no need for your previous post.  

This being a fairly new forum, and with so many new to Victory, many don't know what is out there like you and others from VMC backgrounds do. That said, I chime in when people ask such things in open threads so people know what's available to them. I appreciate your concerns, but in this case it wasn't necessary.  

Big Vic
Posted 2010-02-16 6:15 PM (#53405 - in reply to #42067)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I like pictures of Vic parts...........and I don't care who post them. I'm thinking I need a custom set of cheese wedges for my bike but I'm not sure what I want them to say. Need to think a little longer. Any ideas??
CycleOps USA
Posted 2010-02-16 8:18 PM (#53414 - in reply to #53405)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida

Thanks Rod,. I like how you think... clear, and uncluttered by peer pressure. What is it you have in mind? Not knowing you or your bike, I have no idea the theme to suit you best. I can literally do anything you want, from a photo of your dog, to all out wild custom artwork. Who are you, what are you about, and what do you like most in life? Gimme that and I'll think up something cool and different for you. Now's good timing too as I'm just making new covers, and if we can get yours in on this batch they'll be no custom setup charges as I'm already doing a run. Lemme know!

bigwill5150
Posted 2010-02-16 11:06 PM (#53433 - in reply to #42067)

Iron Butt

Reno County, KS
This forum is a little less formal than others so most people don't seem to mind. It's hard to get used to people taking threads on a tangent but it can be a good thing. If not, I'd be kicked off a long time ago for being a jerk (and rightly so) LOL. Getting back on topic; I really like both sets of engine covers. The Kewlmetal base relief firefighter shield is very impressive and stands out whereas the Cycleops engraved engine covers are a little more subtle. I can't decide. I want everything!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™