You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Wind Wings Lowers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

JustBob
Posted 2009-08-24 6:14 PM (#42296)
Subject: Wind Wings Lowers

Cruiser

Extreme Southern, AZ United States

When I got my Vision, I suffered the heat issues discussed elsewhere on this forum.  The oil cooler placed where it is, causes the air coming down the left side of the bike to be BBQ level hot, and the right side was like an oven.  I read a few posts/threads about possible solutions, they being the Victory lowers and the Baker Built Wind Wings. 

I was going on a trip in July and wanted some relief.  The thought of riding the distance I intended to ride with the heat issue gave me some pause.

I looked at the Victory Clear Lowers at 200+ bucks, and realized I didn't like the way they looked. 

I found the Baker Built link on this site and took a look at their product called Wind Wings.  They are offered in the following colors/shades: Dark Smoke, Red, Blue, Clear, Yellow, Orange, Teal & Purple. 

I decided to buy the black framed Dark Smoke option. 

The folks at Baker Built got the Wings off to me very quickly.  I was going on a fairly long trip and wanted them prior to the trip to keep my legs from burning up.  I ordered them on a Monday, and got them on Wednesday.  I don't know if that is normal or if I just was lucky, but that impressed me. 

The instructions are clear cut, and come with templates as they require two holes per wing to be drilled on the inside of the lower fairing.  That caused me some pause, but I pressed on, measured five times or more, and finally drilled the holes.  Installation was a snap after that.  It took me less than fifteen minutes even with my cautious measuring.  They went on quickly and looked good on the bike. 

The trip was a very good test as I live in Southern Arizona and I was going to Nevada, about a six or seven hour trip in the middle of the summer, prior to the monsoon, so the temps were in the high 90's and 100's (as high as 119 in Phoenix). 

Careful positioning of the top and bottom "wings" kept the hot air form the oil cooler and the dreaded right side bake from "baking" my boots.  It was relatively comfortable, remember it was summer in AZ.  The top wing position was a little harder to figure out, but finally got it right. The top wing combined with the smaller acrilic wing on the fairing should come in handy in the "winter" we have here in AZ.  The fact that you can adjust these separately really makes a difference in the air pattern around the bike, and I could adjust them to lessen or increase the air flow that reached my wife riding pillion.  All things said and done, I believe the Baker Built Wind Wings are well worth the purchase. 

They look good (the dark smoke color compliements the black of the bike) and work very well.  To top it off, they are less expensive than the Victory lowers that are one piece. 

The only negative I could think of is the fact that you must drill two holes on either side of the bike. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™