You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Helen Two Wheels Bags and Straps
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Reviews -> Product ReviewsMessage format

wroman
Posted 2009-10-14 2:22 PM (#45888)
Subject: Helen Two Wheels Bags and Straps

Tourer

Gettysburg, 2008 Tour Premium
I looked at everything I could for the correct bag for the Victory rack. Truth is you could use almost anything if you did not mind damaging the paint under the rack or on the top of the trunk. Most bags hang over someplace and seem prone to rubbing. Helen two wheels is well known to BMW riders and especially the adventure bike crown for making very durable and waterproof bags for motorcycles.
I overbought, like I usually do, and ended up with more than I needed. I bought a large roll top sack that is basicly a waterproof cordura covered compression sack that has a strip of 'belt loops' to secure the straps that secure the sack to the rack. It has an expanded diameter of 12" and a total usable length of 26". It is actaully 32" long but you will roll the end a few times to seal it. This does not sound like much but these are compression sacks and are meant to have contents squeezed down andeven with two pairs of tennis shoes a a couple pair of sandles there you caan really pack these things. I also bought a pair of mesh bags that fit inside( they are shaped to fit 12" round diameter) to hold dirty clothes.
The helen Two Wheels straps are perfect for the Vision rack. Mounted on the two thin attachment points on the front center of the Vision rack with the straps criss/crossed to the rear corners the sack never moves, just remember to bring the straps the loops in the sack.
I wanted a place to store lightweight but bulky items like tennis shoes and beach towels and this system fits the bill.
Now for the overdoing it part. At the same time I purchased their wet/dry combo sack. The dry portion is a large envelope type bag that holds a couple of rainsuits plus and has a wet mesh bag that clips onto it to put damp items so they do not get moldy. This whole setup wrapped around the above sack.
I would like to say that I greatly underestimated the storage capacity of the Vision in general and found myself just keeping the wet/dry bag in the trunk as the days went by on out recent trip.
I would also consider going with the Medium roll to bag but the wife says the lage is great for holding all the tee shirts and other junk that seems to stick to her while traveling.
Walter and Sandy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™