You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Did you know?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-05 7:17 PM (#47114)
Subject: Did you know?

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Things that I have learned in 1 week of owning an X bike.
1. The X bikes run the same wheels and tires as the Vision. The Wrath wheel fits great and are still on ebay selling for about $625 set.
2. The X bikes use the same pulley as the Vision
3. The "rear engine strap covers" for the Vision fit the X bikes (not listed in the catalog)
4. The Arlen Ness license plate frame for the Vision fits the X bikes. (I'm 99% sure and will prove it out when it arrives in the next day or two)
5. The Arlen Ness Vision floorboards will fit the X bikes.
6. The rear master cylinder cover does not fit the X bikes like it is supposed to. It needs some trimming to sit down properly.
7. There is a real ugly hole under the speedometer on the X Country that shows the steering head nut. I ordered some nickel plated caps that should cover the hole. I had to buy a bag of 25 to get one so let me know if you need one.
8. There is a hydraulic clutch available that fits the X bikes.
I'm sure there is more...........I will share more later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
elvis441
Posted 2009-11-05 8:29 PM (#47126 - in reply to #47114)
Subject: Re: Did you know?

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Good to know. Thanks!
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-06 4:14 AM (#47147 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
#5. (just to clarify) The driver floorboards are the same, not the passenger floorboards.
#9 The front inside edge of the saddle bag lids slightly rub on the seat. Not sure if it is a problem yet but I'm going to put on a clear protective tape to make sure the paint doesn't wear.
#10 The X Roads Speedometer has several functions that can be toggled through using the mode switch. It has an Odometer, 2 Trip Odometers, Clock, Fuel Gauge, Engine Speed (RPM), Trip Hours Meter, and DC Voltage
#11 The front brake lever is adjustable just like the Vision.
#12 The rear brake and shifter levers are the same as the Vision. The Vision heel/toe shifter will work on the X bikes.
#13 The shifter and rear brake levers are adjustable forward and backwards just like the Vision.
#14 The handlebars on the X Roads are about a 2" further reach than a Vision or Kingpin. The Chubby bars that are available do not change this. At this time there is not any pullback bars available.
elvis441
Posted 2009-11-06 9:05 AM (#47164 - in reply to #47114)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Vic, I haven't seen the actual production bikes yet. How are the passenger floorboards different from the vision?
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-06 3:57 PM (#47207 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
We have a X Roads which has pegs, I saw a X Country but never paid much attention to the floorboards.
mjw930
Posted 2009-11-08 7:20 AM (#47270 - in reply to #47164)

Puddle Jumper

elvis441 - 2009-11-06 10:05 AM

Vic, I haven't seen the actual production bikes yet. How are the passenger floorboards different from the vision?

Yes, they are different. They are shaped like the Vision but mount like the KP. They are not interchangeable from what I saw at the dealer today.
elvis441
Posted 2009-11-08 2:43 PM (#47286 - in reply to #47114)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
One of the dealers said they should have an XC on the floor this week. I'll have to look to see what the differences are. Thanks for the info.
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-08 5:31 PM (#47296 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
In reference to #7 above
The hole is still ugly and the caps didn't fit. Hole is not flat so I had to "crown" the cap which did work but the hole tappers inward so the ribs on the cap will not catch the sides. I will have to figure something else out.
#15 Trying to find a cover for the Rear Master Cylinder cap. I think the the master cylinder is a Nissin, it looks like the one used for the front brake on several sport bikes (found a picture on ebay that looked the same) Guess I'll order one and see if it fits?..............
dddd
Posted 2009-11-09 11:26 PM (#47424 - in reply to #47114)
Subject: RE: Did you know?

Puddle Jumper

Vic , that is some great info their , a few questions if I may
The ugly hole you refer to you state it,s on the x c did you mean xr
I believe the screen is very easy to remove would it be possible to take a few pictures of it removed (the xr I have on order will never have its screen on and I'm dying to see one like that)
I'm pleased their is a eng rpm ability built into the std speedo , does it have a light to indicate 6th gear.
The chubby bars you refer to are they a std vic accessory as I can't find them.
What do you mean by rear eng strap.
Don't forget to let us know about the number plate holder as I would go that way also
How much adjustment is in the gear and brake levers
Please keep the info coming its greatly appreicated

Edited by dddd 2009-11-09 11:45 PM
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-10 6:44 PM (#47483 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Sorry for the confusion. The steering stem hole shows on the Cross Roads. I'm sure the fairing covers it on the Cross Country.
I will try to get some pictures of the hole and others. I'm slow with the whole picture thing so I will try to get it done by the end of the week.

There is no light to indicate 6th gear that I saw. I will look for one next time I ride it.

The "Cross Roads Chubby Handlebar" is #2877753 and list for $299.99. It is on page 12 of the 2010 dealer catalog.

The "Chrome Rear Engine Strap Cover" #2876572 list price $44.99 page 11 of Dealer Catalog is really a motor mount cover. There are 2 ugly brackets that bolts to the rear jug. They cover those brackets.

The Arlen Ness license plate frame works but requires some modification. The bolts holes have the correct spacing but are too high. I drilled 2 new holes 1/2" on center from the bottom edge. The screws used on the Vision are also different. You will need countersunk screws to replace the bolts that hold on the stock bracket. I also used 2 - 1/8" rubber washers to keep it from rubbing on the fender. It looks great and lays down rather than stands up. I will get pictures later.

The gear and brake levers adjust just like the Vision. There are 3 hole locations with a 2" spread between the front and rear holes.

Brake Reservoir cover is on order and should arrive next week. I will provide the details if it works.
dddd
Posted 2009-11-10 8:57 PM (#47497 - in reply to #47483)

Puddle Jumper

Big Vic - 2009-11-10 6:44 PM

Sorry for the confusion. The steering stem hole shows on the Cross Roads. I'm sure the fairing covers it on the Cross Country.
I will try to get some pictures of the hole and others. I'm slow with the whole picture thing so I will try to get it done by the end of the week.

There is no light to indicate 6th gear that I saw. I will look for one next time I ride it.

The "Cross Roads Chubby Handlebar" is #2877753 and list for $299.99. It is on page 12 of the 2010 dealer catalog.

The "Chrome Rear Engine Strap Cover" #2876572 list price $44.99 page 11 of Dealer Catalog is really a motor mount cover. There are 2 ugly brackets that bolts to the rear jug. They cover those brackets.

The Arlen Ness license plate frame works but requires some modification. The bolts holes have the correct spacing but are too high. I drilled 2 new holes 1/2" on center from the bottom edge. The screws used on the Vision are also different. You will need countersunk screws to replace the bolts that hold on the stock bracket. I also used 2 - 1/8" rubber washers to keep it from rubbing on the fender. It looks great and lays down rather than stands up. I will get pictures later.

The gear and brake levers adjust just like the Vision. There are 3 hole locations with a 2" spread between the front and rear holes.

Brake Reservoir cover is on order and should arrive next week. I will provide the details if it works.

Thanks Vic , awaiting your pictures
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-13 11:52 AM (#47629 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Here are a few pictures, you can see more in the Gallery under Big Vic

(028.JPG)

(019.JPG)

(022.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 028.JPG (33KB - 8 downloads)
Attachments 019.JPG (30KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments 022.JPG (40KB - 1 downloads)
dddd
Posted 2009-11-13 3:34 PM (#47641 - in reply to #47114)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks Vic looks great
CrossRoadsRobert
Posted 2009-11-30 1:15 PM (#48806 - in reply to #47114)

New user

Big Vic - 2009-11-05 5:17 PM

Things that I have learned in 1 week of owning an X bike.

8. There is a hydraulic clutch available that fits the X bikes.
I'm sure there is more...........I will share more later.

Hello, just a question on the hydraulic clutch. My dealer told me that there was not one and he was told that they hadn't engineered one yet for this? Is it just the same clutch as on the Vision? Has anyone actually had this installed on the X bike?
Thanks,
Robert
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-30 6:23 PM (#48829 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
There is one available but it is not the one on the Vision. The part number is 2876299-266 list $399.99. It is black black not silver. I think this is the one they came out with a few years ago for the Jackpot etc. I got the info from Victory so it should work. I actually have this at the dealer waiting to put on but I have been waiting for the cruise control and exhaust to come in before I bring the bike in.
Big Vic
Posted 2009-12-01 5:45 PM (#48891 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
By the way................I bought this (hydraulic clutch) because I thought it would be easier for my wife to pull than the cable version. Not so, the standard clutch on the Cross Roads pulls every bit as easy as my Visions hydraulic clutch. If that is the reason you want one I would spend the money elsewhere.
dddd
Posted 2009-12-04 2:21 PM (#49085 - in reply to #48891)

Puddle Jumper

Big Vic - 2009-12-01 5:45 PM

By the way................I bought this (hydraulic clutch) because I thought it would be easier for my wife to pull than the cable version. Not so, the standard clutch on the Cross Roads pulls every bit as easy as my Visions hydraulic clutch. If that is the reason you want one I would spend the money elsewhere.

Thanks for that bit of info , that was the only reason I was looking at one for
Big Vic
Posted 2009-12-05 6:02 AM (#49131 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
dddd - To further put this in perspective. My wife is 42 years old, 5'8" and weighs about 125 pounds. She came off an 04 Kingpin with a 92" motor. I was really concerned that the 106" would have too much pull for her that's why I ordered the Hyd. clutch. She had ridden my Vision before so she knew she could handle that clutch. To our surprise the XR clutch felt lighter than the Kingpin or the Vision. Not sure what your on now but I doubt that the clutch will feel too heavy for you.
dddd
Posted 2009-12-05 9:17 PM (#49188 - in reply to #49131)

Puddle Jumper

Big Vic - 2009-12-05 6:02 AM

dddd - To further put this in perspective. My wife is 42 years old, 5'8" and weighs about 125 pounds. She came off an 04 Kingpin with a 92" motor. I was really concerned that the 106" would have too much pull for her that's why I ordered the Hyd. clutch. She had ridden my Vision before so she knew she could handle that clutch. To our surprise the XR clutch felt lighter than the Kingpin or the Vision. Not sure what your on now but I doubt that the clutch will feel too heavy for you.

08 v rod and 08 hayabusa , I can assure you it will be heavier however I have ridden a vision and while I found the clutch heavy it was still acceptable , so it sounds like the XR will be even better then
Posted 2010-01-17 10:51 AM (#51458 - in reply to #47114)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
I would like to add that the Dynamics Back Off and other Back Off products (according to Victory/Polaris) interfer with the cruise control. Still looking for something that will work. I think that the Back Off unit provides additional warning to cagers that I'm stopping. Almost as much as my 45 auto. Also, there is a heel/toe shifter available for the Xs, but it's over 200$, figure.
Big Vic
Posted 2010-01-17 12:48 PM (#51466 - in reply to #47114)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Top - The Heel Toe Shifter is $169.99 and is #2876577 in the 2010 Victory catalog. If you look you might find on ebay for $150ish. I have one on my Vision and it works well.
Posted 2010-01-17 6:43 PM (#51493 - in reply to #47114)

Cruiser

Oklahoma City
Big Vic, thanks for the update.
Pastor1720
Posted 2010-07-17 2:39 PM (#64740 - in reply to #47114)

New user

I replaced the passenger pegs on my XR with the passenger floorboards from ther XC. My wife loves them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™