You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

XC Triple Trees
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Cross Country / Cross Roads Tech Q&AMessage format

motoman
Posted 2009-11-11 4:40 PM (#47535)
Subject: XC Triple Trees

New user

If you have seen the Ness XC pictures then it is obvious that the neck has been cut to obtain the rake on this particular bike. Notice also the custom forks. I am curious though if the stock trees on the XC are the same as those on some other Vic bikes. If so, then perhaps aftermarket raked trees for the other Vics would fit on the XC as well. I seriously doubt if they are unique to this bike that anyone has one on market so early.
Anyone investigate this yet?
BTW, I am a current HD SG owner, amongst other bikes, that is seriously considering trading or selling outright and adding the XC to my stable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-12 6:41 PM (#47592 - in reply to #47535)
Subject: Re: XC Triple Trees

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
I'm fairly confident in saying that the triple trees are indeed unique to the X bikes. The top triple tree has slots on each side cast into it for the wires and cables to go through. The top of the tree actually has a compound angles in the middle and an exposed nut. The lower tree was designed to mount a "block" (for lack of the correct word) for the dual disc brakes. I'm 99% sure this tree is indeed unique to the X bikes and not common with anything else in their line-up.
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-13 10:29 AM (#47616 - in reply to #47535)
Subject: RE: XC Triple Trees

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Here is a picture of the Cross Roads triple trees.
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-13 11:45 AM (#47628 - in reply to #47535)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Last try! If no picture shows up you can see it in my gallery.

(034.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 034.JPG (32KB - 1 downloads)
motoman
Posted 2009-11-13 3:53 PM (#47643 - in reply to #47535)

New user

Thanks for the reply's. Although I am not familiar with Vic. trees, from the picture above, those sure don't like the ones on my VTX or the SG. So the assumption that the neck was cut and then raked on the Ness bike without any kind of production raked trees makes sense. From the look of this there probably will not be any production raked trees anytime soon.
The thought of cutting the neck on a new (both purchase and model) bike, especially one with a cast aluminum frame isn't too appealing. LOL
BTW, I sent a message yesterday to Ness via their website asking the same thing and have not received a reply yet.
I appreciate the feedback.
bresna
Posted 2009-11-25 5:43 AM (#48414 - in reply to #47535)

Puddle Jumper

Tie downs on the handlebars? According to what I've read (KevinX maybe?), that's a no-no with Vic bikes. The handlebars are rubber mounted. Pulling down on the bars with constant force for a while and you'll have to replace those mounts.
Big Vic
Posted 2009-11-28 6:15 AM (#48649 - in reply to #47535)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
Don't get too excited about the tie downs on the handlebars......the bike is on a motorcycle lift and the front tire is secured in a tire vise. There is very little pressure on the straps and they are only use as side to side support as the lift is raised or lowered. As for the rubber mounting goes............the weight of your hands at the end of the bars will compress the rubber mounts more than I am here. Generally speaking it is not a good idea to strap to your bars when you trailer a bike. The tension along with the bouncing (of a traveling trailer) can strip out your handle bar clamp.
Cross10
Posted 2009-12-20 1:52 PM (#49982 - in reply to #47535)

New user

My best guess would be that the Ness bike has specially CNC'd triple clamps (by Ness) to get the rake it has. I would be willing to bet Seeger will have something available in the next year or so if these bikes take off.
DirtyDan69
Posted 2013-10-18 5:49 AM (#146810 - in reply to #47535)

Puddle Jumper

Vic frames are NOT made for cutting n raking. If your goal is to run a 23" front wheel then all you need is raked trees. Sold by a number of people, Ness included, about 800. If you're going to go 28" or 30" then you need to run the raked frame piece. Vic frames are not one complete piece. They are a bolt together configuration. How to you think they get that engine in there so close and tight. That top frame rake piece with includes back bone and neck that bolts in runs about 1800. Google hmd520, Hotvic, Vic baggers, Kewl metal, etc and you'll see.
ndabunka
Posted 2013-11-11 9:40 PM (#148772 - in reply to #47535)

Cruiser

Holey thread resurrection Batman! Prior post was nearly FOUR years prior
DirtyDan69
Posted 2013-11-19 5:44 AM (#148986 - in reply to #47535)

Puddle Jumper

Yeah well the new guy sometimes doesn't notice, haha
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™